NSW xmas case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disappointed I missed it but looking forward to trying the beers

skb said:
Disappointed I missed it but looking forward to trying the beers
drinking your lot right now.
hehehe

Reman said:
1.barls - cherry wit, rtd 15/12

2. Mikeyr

3. Fraser's BRB - ESB, force carbed so ready to drink

4. mattfos01 - Kolsch, give it another week, ready by 10 December.

5. Reman - Citrus Lager - rtd. (Off the keg so no dregs)

6.Contrarian - Brett saison ~5% rtd but will only get funkier with age

7. Nickr

8. Marksy

9. Welly2 - robust porter. Give it a couple of months

10. Paulyman - Gose (rtd)

11. FGZ - (orange lid 6/11 on it) Dark Bitter, drinkable now but wait a few weeks if you can.

12. Fungrel - American Lawnmower (Wheat) - Drink Soon

13. -skb RIS 12.5% it can be drunk now but should last a very long time in the bottle

15. Beamer - Pale ale best after 18/12/16

16. n87 - Saison WLP566. Keg is drinking beautiful, bottles need a little time to meld I think.

17. drclaybro. RIS 'czar's red' details on post #136

[/QUOTE]

fungrel said:
Yeah, I haven't been into the hobby for long so this will be good for a beginner.
I tell you what, based on the day I'm having, you'll probably get some feedback from me on yours tonight. I'll try not to let the tone of my day influence my review :)

Word of warning...

Shame of shames...

My RIS (#17) appears to be a gusher. I cracked the one that came home from the swap last night and it was a full gusher.
I also bottled some of the same brew in stubbie form, (back in July) and had tried a quite a few of them just before I entered the swap (in early November), and they were perfect in terms of carbonation.
I therefore suspected a poorly mixed in bulk prime.
So I tried 2 more of the stubbies tonight and they both gushed too.
They all tasted ok (to my limited palette), so I'm doubting an infection, and assuming I just bottled it too soon. My records show it was aerated and pitched onto a fresh yeast cake for just over 3 weeks, but I've no record of the finishing gravity, so perhaps I just assumed it was done when it wasn't quite. Perhaps the heat we've had lately has got them fired them up again?

I recommend fridging immediately, drinking soon, (been 5 months in bottle already), and opening very carefully.

Ian: this applies to the stubbies i gave you for your piggybacking services too.

Apologies, Clayton.

drclaybro said:
Word of warning...

Shame of shames...

My RIS (#17) appears to be a gusher. I cracked the one that came home from the swap last night and it was a full gusher.
I also bottled some of the same brew in stubbie form, (back in July) and had tried a quite a few of them just before I entered the swap (in early November), and they were perfect in terms of carbonation.
I therefore suspected a poorly mixed in bulk prime.
So I tried 2 more of the stubbies tonight and they both gushed too.
They all tasted ok (to my limited palette), so I'm doubting an infection, and assuming I just bottled it too soon. My records show it was aerated and pitched onto a fresh yeast cake for just over 3 weeks, but I've no record of the finishing gravity, so perhaps I just assumed it was done when it wasn't quite. Perhaps the heat we've had lately has got them fired them up again?

I recommend fridging immediately, drinking soon, (been 5 months in bottle already), and opening very carefully.

Ian: this applies to the stubbies i gave you for your piggybacking services too.

Apologies, Clayton.
Got it in the fridge now, thanks for the heads up! I'll pour carefully! Will let you know how I get on or if I need to send you a bill for wall cleaning service :)

Latest posts

Back