2006 Nsw Xmas Case (december)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great response. Berto sent me a PM some time ago, and Nifty also mentioned to me when he picked up his crates that he wanted to make sure he was included for the next one so I'm going to include them as well on the list.

Thanks for adding my name to the list Duff, much appreciated.

I'm in Copenhagen, Demark at the moment and this is the first time I've had a chance to log in. I'm actually um... borrowing someones unsecured wireless to connect.

I don't know yet what I'll be brewing, but I'll decide when I get back in about 3 weeks.

Just about to head to the pub for a few beers.

cheers

nifty

DC82, out of curiosity, whats your Golden Amber Ale?

I can't stop picturing pouring a bottle of JS Golden Ale and JS Amber Ale into a glass :p

I'm intrigued

Golden Ale with a touch of Amber in it, its my favourite partial so far.... Great summer drinker. - Armirillo hops.

bugger.

missed out.

oh well i will have to enjoy what i brew next myself.

Or i could have chucked in some roggenbier. Not sure if i have 28 left though

next year maybe

cheers

I'm still of two (or three minds). Any prefs?

Am thinking a classic Weizen, American wheat, Belgian pale (all tested and some prizes awarded for the Belgian and the weizen), or as suggested last case (March 6, by Doc), an Imperial Dunkel Weizenbock?

Interesting facts: Last year's NSW Xmas case opened on June 16 and was fully subscribed (24 places/beers) by Aug 22 (and officially closed for subscriptions on Aug 26). This year: all places locked in within 30 hours and 12 minutes of opening. (Hmmmm, is it obvious that I'm working as a scheduler ATM?)
This is in regard to the initial places and not considering drop-outs and replacements

Seth :p

1. Duff - Victory Hop Devil or RyeIPA or TT Landlord or Pliny the Elder
2. Stuster - American Rye (probably)
3. goatherder
4. Trent
5. DJR - APA or Klsch
6. Pint of Lager
7. Doc - Big hoppy IPA or a Saison
8. Homebrewworld.com Sweet Stout
9.Chilled
10. Keith
11. n00ch
12. mikem108
13. Beer Slayer
14. Linz
15. Shonky
16. Stephen Hoegarden White
17. Hopsta
18. Weizguy
19. Thommo - Bitter
20. Kungy
21. Barry - Munich Dunkel
22. Berto
23. Nifty
24. DrewCarey82 - Golden Amber Ale.
25. T.D. - Blonde Ale
26. PoMo
27. Philmac
28. Crozdog - Southern German lager or Czech pils
[/quote]

Am thinking a classic Weizen, American wheat, Belgian pale (all tested and some prizes awarded for the Belgian and the weizen), or as suggested last case (March 6, by Doc), an Imperial Dunkel Weizenbock?

Interesting facts: Last year's NSW Xmas case opened on June 16 and was fully subscribed (24 places/beers) by Aug 22 (and officially closed for subscriptions on Aug 26). This year: all places locked in within 30 hours and 12 minutes of opening. (Hmmmm, is it obvious that I'm working as a scheduler ATM?)
This is in regard to the initial places and not considering drop-outs and replacements

Hmm, I think it was just over 18 hours though, Seth? :eek: Maybe there's a reason why the scheduling work is only ATM. :lol:

Some kind of Weizen from the Weizguy would be appropriate, my vote anyway. :super:

I have no idea what I'll put in. *scratches head*. I'm looking into a whole range of styles atm. Given the time of consumption, I'm thinking about a pale ale of sorts but as I brew so many stouts, maybe I could brew a "Summer Stout"? That's just silly. Don't commit me to anything on the list yet. I'd like to procrastinate some more.

As for Seth's beer, I'd love to try whatever your staple house brew is. Is it Weizen?

I'm totally looking forward to my third Xmas case. The standard of the first two has been amazing and inspiring.

Pale Ale or an Alt depending on how my first Alt works out this weekend.
TBC

LOOKS LIKE I MISSED OUT ON THE FIRST 28 can i be 29th man in case of injury is is it worth trying to start up another swap ???

It might be worth a try, Barramundi, considering how fast this one sold out. You could just start another thread and see what happens. :super:

:(

Put me as #30 or, alternatively, #2. All grain Dubbel.

Worth a try, but there may be more to organising it than just starting another thread.

You'd have to see if Duff minds sorting another 28 bottles, might have to sweeten him with offers of beer and a helping hand, or alternatively you may need to find another place to perform the second swap. His Garage looked like a Dan Murphies warehouse for the July swap. He puts a fair amount of effort into these things. And he doesn't do it all by himself. You'd also have to find someone to drive the Newcastle bottles up for the Northern part of the swap. Then there's the southern part of Sydney. I think Doc did the drive to Newcastle this July, and the Merc looked like a lowrider when it pulled out of Duff's driveway. Don't think he could fit another 10 milk crates full of bottles if you ended up with that many from Newcastle.

By all means go for it, just thought I'd warn you about the logistics involved. Having given the necessary warnings, I'm pretty sure that people involved will put up their hands to help with parts where needed.

This one went in 18 hours. Pretty sure you could fill up a second case easily.

Thommo.

28 bottles is what fits into 2 boxes that resemble milk crates. You could go for a smaller swap, say the 12 of a standard case if that's all a second thread could recruit.

I would just sit tight at the moment. As with the last swap in July, there were a couple of withdraws for personal reasons which were unforseen at the time of nominating. We then filled that with all of the alternates, and even then fell one short at the finishing line, only to have Weizguy generously chip in with a second bottle to make up the 28.

Give it another month or so. It may seem long but it may work out.

DC82, out of curiosity, whats your Golden Amber Ale?

I can't stop picturing pouring a bottle of JS Golden Ale and JS Amber Ale into a glass :p

I'm intrigued

Golden Ale with a touch of Amber in it, its my favourite partial so far.... Great summer drinker. - Armirillo hops.

What colour is the resulting brew? Golden or Amber?
Edit: or somewhere in between?

I see that Tony has signalled interest above.
That may be as (first) backup, or maybe for a second case swap?

As for my beer, PoMo (and others), my house beer is Weizen, but I brew a lot of other beer too. Keen to make a Gose for Summer, after plenty of salt-taste threshold testing. Anyone keen for another scary beer ala Weizguy?

Most of the wheat beer I've made and put into comps were extract or partial mash, so I still need to refine my ag wheats - mostly recipe and pitching temp; technique is OK. I'll make a few test batches, refine the method/recipe, see how I go and get back to you. U can record Weizen as my tentative option, OK?

I'm salivating already!

Seth

Worth a try, but there may be more to organising it than just starting another thread.

You'd have to see if Duff minds sorting another 28 bottles, might have to sweeten him with offers of beer and a helping hand, or alternatively you may need to find another place to perform the second swap. His Garage looked like a Dan Murphies warehouse for the July swap. He puts a fair amount of effort into these things. And he doesn't do it all by himself. You'd also have to find someone to drive the Newcastle bottles up for the Northern part of the swap. Then there's the southern part of Sydney. I think Doc did the drive to Newcastle this July, and the Merc looked like a lowrider when it pulled out of Duff's driveway. Don't think he could fit another 10 milk crates full of bottles if you ended up with that many from Newcastle.

By all means go for it, just thought I'd warn you about the logistics involved. Having given the necessary warnings, I'm pretty sure that people involved will put up their hands to help with parts where needed.

This one went in 18 hours. Pretty sure you could fill up a second case easily.

Thommo.
If you want to start a second swap, I could probably go into another case....Think about it, instead of 27 different beers I could end up with 54!!!

Such greed is almost decadent!

Stephen

I will sit as backup brewer if you like :)

I am planing to brew a belgian pale ale with lots of munich, vienna, Plis syrians and SAAZ-B and T58 dry yeast for something different

There will be heaps left for ne too if i make a 50 liter batch

and if i dont get the calling i will have to drink them myself.

its a win win situation

cheers

I'm in a rush to get to dinner so I haven't read any of this post. Needless to say I have missed the boat for case 1. But if there's a case 2, I am in, Belgian Wit and all.

I'll check back later on tonight or tomorrow to see what is actually happening.

Edit: Add me as a reserve too.

Back