Vic Xmas Case Swap 2010

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Headache now mostly under control ... mess not quite as big ...

Thanks to all and sundry for your contributions and participation.

I know there has been a lot of discussion about this case swap being a bit light on, but think what we lacked in quantity we made up with quality.

High lights of the night included MXDs award winning APA (and a whole keg of it no less), and think it was Zebba's Eis English Pale Ale.

Thanks to all the non-swapees helping us to kick on too.

Must note that practicalfool and Don Mateo did a very good job of teaching me the intricateness of Texas Hold em :) ... and that Mrs Brendo will take you to the cleaners if you try and play her while she is pissed.

BTW did everyone take a case away with them? I seem to have a lot of extra bottles.

Some pictures ...

dsc00067__case_swap_girls_.jpg

dsc00070__Modified_in_gThumb_Image_Viewer_.jpg

dsc00069__Modified_in_gThumb_Image_Viewer_.jpg

dsc00068__Modified_in_gThumb_Image_Viewer_.jpg

dsc00065__Modified_in_gThumb_Image_Viewer_.jpg

Leigh was talking to his invisible friend. No brewing done on the day unfortunately. We need to organise a brew day soon. I'm thinking of throwing something and maybe getting Ufc pay per view if anyones into that.

ty Chris for your hospitality.

It was great to meet you guys, although meeting 10+ new people with names AND AHB nic-names in 30 minutes,, with a few quick exotic beers will be a bit too much to remember, so please don't be offended if I meet you again in the future, and look at you blankly.

I will aim to bring and swap my finest with you at your next gathering.

Just thought I'd add: my Scottish ale (16) is ready to drink.

Just thought I'd add: my Scottish ale (16) is ready to drink.

wait until mine are fully swolen. i squeezed the PET remove all O2 where possible so they should be tight but nothing as tight as you would expect a nornal PET.

Also., if you want to drink it bright i recommend at least 4 weeks conditioning (3 weeks from now). Historically its RTD in around 1-2 weeks time. ;)

Great night and big thanks to Chris for hosting and putting on a brilliant meal.

Has anybody started a tasting thread yet? Have tasted 4 or 5 and ready to go ;)

No tasting thread yet ... you will be the first.

4 or 5 already! You didn't stay late enough last night ;)

Thanks for a great day/night guys... great company, brews and weather. Always good to meet more of the Melbourne brewing community.

Chris, I think I might need to poach that Black Hefe recipe off you mate (tis an absolute cracker)

Thanks for a great day/night guys... great company, brews and weather. Always good to meet more of the Melbourne brewing community.
+1 Was a great day

Looking forward to vitalstatistix's hop bomb

Only got there late, but made a pretty good attempt at catching up...

MXD's APA was fantastic, and once again Brendo's "Easiest Beer In the World" went down a treat.

Thanks again to Chris for opening up his house and his keg fridge. I can only hope he slightly recouped some of his cost via the poker table.

Great to see some old faces again, and meet some new ones.

I can only hope he slightly recouped some of his cost via the poker table.
Yeah. The old "I've never played before" technique. He cleaned us all out!

Actually. I reckon a poker/beer night would definitely be a go'er for our next catch up. I'll try and get something together at mine.

ty Chris for your hospitality.

It was great to meet you guys, although meeting 10+ new people with names AND AHB nic-names in 30 minutes,, with a few quick exotic beers will be a bit too much to remember, so please don't be offended if I meet you again in the future, and look at you blankly.

I will aim to bring and swap my finest with you at your next gathering.

I have to second this. Chris, thank you very much for your great hospitality. You are a dead set champ!

It was great to meet all you guys too, though I too struggled to remember everyons name and AHB alias'. Had a great day and wish I could have hung around. Sounds like the festivities kicked on and a grand time was had by all.

+1 Was a great day

Looking forward to vitalstatistix's hop bomb

My swap should be good to go too.

I am hoping to make a start on tasteing tonight. Are there any swaps not ready to drink?

Back