The Great Chinese Hop Buy 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does that humble pie taste?

They sell them just south of Beerburrum (Qld fact) & I must say I've tasted better. ;)

Give the man a break will you!
How many others here would be man enough to admit their mistakes straight away on a public forum.

I may not be a fan of GLS in some ways but am a fan of his in others including his openness in this bulk buy so give it a rest all you detractors.

TP

Did that Chinese fella have a degree from 1950 though?

And was the email he sent you peer reviewed? ;)

Goes to show as I stated earlier, the quality of degrees today are not what they used to be. In my day, a peer reviewed article would NOT allow that sort of error in a paper - utter criminal.

Degrees on corn flake packets
Craftbrewer

How many others here would be man enough to admit their mistakes straight away on a public forum.
Many others think a bit before they post wild conspiracy theories and then attack anyone who questions them. Unfortunately the bigger the bullshit the bigger the fall from grace. I still commend Graham for the efforts of organising the bulk buy but the wild accusations, bullshit and conspiracies in this thread are enough to put most daytime soapies to shame.

Many others think a bit before they post wild conspiracy theories and then attack anyone who questions them. Unfortunately the bigger the bullshit the bigger the fall from grace. I still commend Graham for the efforts of organising the bulk buy but the wild accusations, bullshit and conspiracies in this thread are enough to put most daytime soapies to shame.

+1

Look in the mirror Daemon & tell us the truth --------------- Is your nose turning brown? :lol:

TP
It's scary enough seeing myself in the morning when I brush my teeth, yet alone going back in to check my nose! I'm afraid I'm not brown nosing anyone here, my loyalty is to myself. I've got another glass of my Chinese APA in my hand and that's all that really matters :chug:

It's scary enough seeing myself in the morning when I brush my teeth, yet alone going back in to check my nose! I'm afraid I'm not brown nosing anyone here, my loyalty is to myself. I've got another glass of my Chinese APA in my hand and that's all that really matters :chug:

Whatever floats your boat.

TP

Always amusing,

A guy goes out of his way to supply homebrewers the cheapest hops in Australia and there are sooooo many HB shop "groupies" who spend their "intelligence" to try and bring it down.

Dont worry Graham, I have had similar dickheads do the same to me. Now these same idiots cant get Barrett Burston Malts and are paying $95-110/bag of Weyermann Pilsener.

All praise to the imposter Craftbrewer (Ross) who thinks that "cartels" can control the inguenuity of a homebrewer.

cheers

darren

I truely don't know how to repay you guys but I am sure I will find a way to repay you in kind over the next few months.

Mate I think they were repaying you.

I'd hazard a guess they'd feel 'repaid' if you brewed some beer.

Well I have to hand it to Ross, he was bang on the money (why did I ever doubt him). Here was I, thinking I may have a world scoop on my hand (turns out I am empty handed)

Yes, you heard it from me, Marco Polo is Columbus, end of story.

Didnt we hear it from Ross??

Always amusing,

A guy goes out of his way to supply homebrewers the cheapest hops in Australia and there are sooooo many HB shop "groupies" who spend their "intelligence" to try and bring it down.

Dont worry Graham, I have had similar dickheads do the same to me. Now these same idiots cant get Barrett Burston Malts and are paying $95-110/bag of Weyermann Pilsener.

All praise to the imposter Craftbrewer (Ross) who thinks that "cartels" can control the inguenuity of a homebrewer.

cheers

darren

Whilst I see where you are coming from Darren, a barrow you have been pushing for some time, and with some justification, on this occasion I totally agree with your general principle there. :icon_cheers:

Yes, you heard it from me, Marco Polo is Columbus, end of story.

Well f**k me did I / we really need your blessing to believe what was already indicated. I have sourced some of your hops but really you are starting / are giving me the f**king shits with your ranting. No I can't help it, I do like reading threads on AHB. Yep I know I am likely to now get shot down by some disciples but tuff.

BYB

someone print this whole thread and save it as a .pdf. it will be epic in 10 years time.

Not bad, eaten plenty in my time.
I have broad shoulders, I can take it.

Next thing to work on then is apologies.

This seems like a project that will sit very much on the back burner.
[EDIT: right next to literacy]

Personally- I support Townsville's efforts, and I am quite grateful for the work that he has put into the buy. However I do not understand why he feels like he must go for the 'hard sell'. When anyone tries to say anything negative, Townsville gets very defensive and his wording comes across as arrogant. This serves to solidify divisions (and create hostility) rather than invite open debate and discussion. Why is this, Townsville? Surely you can just sit back and enjoy the good reviews if you are so confident the product is so good. Just as those who are bagging it before many beers are brewed are being far too premature, those praising it with the same lack of information are being premature as well (well, apart from the *one* person who has a chinese hop beer in his glass).

I will be brewing with my Chinese hops, and I will be posting honest thoughts as to how I think they are. If it's negative, then hey, I'll see it as a wearable expense to experiment with new hops. If it's positive, then hey, I win.

Personally- I support Townsville's efforts, and I am quite grateful for the work that he has put into the buy. However I do not understand why he feels like he must go for the 'hard sell'. When anyone tries to say anything negative, Townsville gets very defensive and his wording comes across as arrogant. This serves to solidify divisions (and create hostility) rather than invite open debate and discussion. Why is this, Townsville? Surely you can just sit back and enjoy the good reviews if you are so confident the product is so good. Just as those who are bagging it before many beers are brewed are being far too premature, those praising it with the same lack of information are being premature as well (well, apart from the *one* person who has a chinese hop beer in his glass).

I will be brewing with my Chinese hops, and I will be posting honest thoughts as to how I think they are. If it's negative, then hey, I'll see it as a wearable expense to experiment with new hops. If it's positive, then hey, I win.

Good post P&C. :icon_cheers:

TP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back