The Great Chinese Hop Buy 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll probably do this again you know. Definitely 2010 crop, see if we can break a ton off the forum.

Craftbrewer

You have so many people lining up to lick your hairy scrotum I reckon you will do it with ease Graham :lol:

C&B
TDA

I'm getting quite excited about this buy. Certainly if the hops are good I'd buy more next time... most likely the varieties I didn't get this time.

I'm getting quite excited about this buy. Certainly if the hops are good I'd buy more next time... most likely the varieties I didn't get this time.

Craftbrewers

Think about it. They are cheap, they are fresh, they are current years crop. Next year will be the same again in 2010. I would just throw out what you dont use and re-order. Better, give them away as prises, or to new brewers.

Remember with hops (This is one lession I have learnt) If you want the best out of your hops, for smoothness, bitternesss, and aroma

FRESH IS BEST

Craftbrewer

I'll probably do this again you know. Definitely 2010 crop, see if we can break a ton off the forum.

Craftbrewer

I hope so but I have that funny bulk buy, bye bye feeling :(

Batz

I'm getting excited as well.

Definitely would be up for another bulk buy I reckon. Hell I reckon it should be a bi-yearly event.

Hmm when I said bi yearly I actually meant twice a year.

Once a year should be ok, by the time we also have a Indian Hop Bulk Buy

QldKev

Yeah once a year is fine, you're only gonna get the same crop again if you buy more than once per year.

I didn't join this bulk buy, and I don't have much of an opinion either way as whether they are good quality or not.
Just didn't care really.

I received an email this morning through my website address and the same Chinese supplier is sending me free samples!

Cool. I must say I got the email this morning and have written to them and recieved answers several times today. They are shipping tomorrow.

Bud

I received an email this morning through my website address and the same Chinese supplier is sending me free samples!

Cool. I must say I got the email this morning and have written to them and recieved answers several times today. They are shipping tomorrow.

Yeh, they are good aren't they!!!!!!!!!!!!! They offered me heaps of free samples, hop oils, and extracts as well. I decided against it as I didn't want to mix business and pleasure.

You will find them mate good to their word. I have encouraged them to explore the Aussie Market.

Graham

ALERT

Graham and other participants.

The way the threads are all coming together here that ship seems to be on a collision course with the Qld Case Swap on the weekend of November 14/15. Of course that is probably only a one in three or four likelihood, but should be factored in.

Presuming to speak here for Tidal Pete but he and I are available weekdays, I understand that one or more other workers are self employed / casual and may be able to reschedule jobs, and others may have a sickie up their sleeves but we should be thinking along these lines. I've been thinking about the packing day (I was frign dreaming about it again last night :p ) and reckon a couple of packing lines (scale feeder, bag packer, envelope filler) plus a dogsbody should chew their way through the hops in a shift. So 7 workers minimum.

The question is, would the hops suffer from delaying the packing to following weekend in a worst case scenario? I guess they have been sitting on a ship for a couple of weeks and on the dock for a while. Would they be in a refrigerated container such as fruit or just at ambient?

The question is, would the hops suffer from delaying the packing to following weekend in a worst case scenario? I guess they have been sitting on a ship for a couple of weeks and on the dock for a while. Would they be in a refrigerated container such as fruit or just at ambient?

Would Vacuum sealing negate some of those effects? I can only assume thats they way they are packaged.

Anyone know how they're packaged? I'd assume in 25kg or 50kg bags?

I'm volunteering to coordinate the picking and packing

• Print master list for the day
  • Print a detailed packing slip for each order
  • Ensure that each order is picked, weighed, packed and checked as per packing slip, signed off on the slip, then cleared down off the master list
  • Placed in user-supplied satchel along with the packing slip for the iformation of the purchaser.
  • Posted

I'll now email Graham and see if this fits in with his arrangements, then we'll clear this thread for packing and dispatching issues only.

In the meantime I'll resurrect the other thread so that non participants can whinge about Chinese hops or people (like me) can post about how excited they are etc etc.

Michael
BribieG

in regards to packing/shipping from QLD.....who should i sent my self addressed expresspost satchels to? Who ever it is can they send out the details (via PM or email).

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back