SE QLD Xmas-in-28th of June 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About 22 hours in. ::puke::
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400061867.201666.jpg

Edit: it's actually oozing out of the glad wrap as I watch. Like some unstoppable yeasty lava flow. Man, this the most epic ferment I have ever seen!!!

Welcome to WY3068!

(I'm going to forget the technicality of betting that it would crawl out in the 2nd 24hr period...)

I've got a video but won't bother uploading. I'm sure everyone had seen a monstrous ferment. Pretty impressive. Not sure if I'll bother cleaning up yet. It's just going to puke again.

Thoughts?

It'll be 75% done in another 12 hrs or so, I just replace the glad wrap about then.

Bloody hell, never had a 48 hour ferment. I always read about it happening to other guys but never thought I'd be lucky enough.

Have sprayed some star-San around the place just as a precaution.

I can't wait to taste this beer. Ferment smells lovely. ::drool::

Still leave it for the week if you can to ensure it cleans up any by-products and drops a bit of gunk out of suspension.

You will absolutely love this been even though you fermented it 0.5deg too hot :p

Will leave it for the week. That will give the beer 5 weeks in the bottle so hopefully it will be carb'd by swap meet. I should be able to bottle a few for myself so I will be able to judge its readiness. I haven't been this excited about a beer in ages.

I am addicted to watching the krau-splosion. It is mesmerising....... Went out to watch it again (full disclosure: and pour myself a beer) and the ferment is actually getting stronger... :-O

Probably best to clean it up when it hasn't set rock hard.

Apricot Sours.

apricot-swap.JPG

Hopefully thats it for the case-swap. There was a bit more overt acid upfront in this batch than is usual, but you get some variation when using deliberately stressed yeast. I'll monitor its progress and sub the batch if it starts singeing my nostril hairs.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1400392731.792541.jpg

Yum! Mandarine peel and secret spices about to go into the Imperial Wit.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1400392820.131258.jpg

Yummy wheaty goodness....

^ If I could "like" this post more than once, I would. Looking forward to it Snow

oh man, the swap list is starting to look VERY interesting....

Am a bit excited about the swap meet-up. Have run out of beer so am thinking about using my keg fridge to ferment some beers as well as my little bar fridge. Have 2 APA cubes waiting to be fermented, and will be brewing my first AG saison this Wednesday which I will ferment at ambient. I am actually getting a backlog of cubes. **shock_horror**

I think my dunkel has slowed down fermenting and may actually be finished. I have upped the temp to 19 degrees to help it finish out and will check the gravity over the next 3 days. Need to buy some more PET bottles when it comes time to bottle....

My swap beers kegged, will bottle the day before the swap- **** I hate bottling.
Need to pull the finger out and brew a beer for the day, just have to decide what to brew.

Well I should be home next week, and it's looking like I won't have to be work for the swap :beerbang: Fingers crossed I can make it!

May even try to get a swap beer brewed.

Batz

Liam_snorkel said:
^ If I could "like" this post more than once, I would. Looking forward to it Snow
Oh man it smelled good in the boil! Plenty of comments from the household :D

It should be good, based on previous experience. I really messed up my efficiency calcs though, so I may have to brew a bit more wort to make it more "imperial".

bradsbrew said:
My swap beers kegged, will bottle the day before the swap- **** I hate bottling.
Need to pull the finger out and brew a beer for the day, just have to decide what to brew.
Brad, don't you know the enjoyment of bottling is directly proportional to the amount of beer consumed!

Batz said:
Well I should be home next week, and it's looking like I won't have to be work for the swap :beerbang: Fingers crossed I can make it!

May even try to get a swap beer brewed.

Batz
Batz, you better brew something - I brewed my wheaty just for your benefit! :lol: :ph34r:

Snow said:
Batz, you better brew something - I brewed my wheaty just for your benefit! :lol: :ph34r:

Life doesn't get much better than that mate :beerbang: Looking forward to a beer or two.

Batz

Back