SE QLD Xmas-in-28th of June 2014

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What'd the deal with bringing kegs along on the night, I don't have any way of serving outside of my keezer, would it be an idea to bring one along anyway?

Donske said:
What'd the deal with bringing kegs along on the night, I don't have any way of serving outside of my keezer, would it be an idea to bring one along anyway?
Get one of these, plenty of brewers will have gas and allow you to give your keg a boost when required. I see CB are nil stock but there'll be plenty at other sponsors sites.

http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=729

Just dump your keg in a plastic bin with ice, or better still in a foam box from your local fruit and veg store.

Batz

Donske said:
Absolutely!

It would be a disgrace to turn up empty-handed. :)

PM winkle ASAP to see if he has a spare spot in his fridge.
If not then get yourself a garbage bin, cut out the lid, insulate the bin & bring your keg (with regulator) along packed in ice.
If you're lucky someone (Perhaps me, depending on the level of my SodaStream) will have gas to share. I'll bring along a Bronco (GO THE MAROONS FOR 9-IN-A-ROW :super: ), JG tee & beer line for emergencies.
You'll recognise me by the tulip in buttonhole of my lapel. ;)

I sure we wont need a tulip to recognise you Pete,

Yeah always good to have kegs to spare on the night.

Onya Gav!
Looking forward to a beer or three with you. Been a while alright mate.
Missus is away & won't be back 'til Sunday as I keep on telling anyone who'll listen. :lol:

TidalPete said:
Onya Gav!
Looking forward to a beer or three with you. Been a while alright mate.
Missus is away & won't be back 'til Sunday as I keep on telling anyone who'll listen. :lol:
No good will come of this :beerbang: :) :kooi:

Enjoy it Pete!

I've got about a gazillion of those boxes if anyone wants one. As always, BYO cutting knife and skills.

mobile setup flow restrictor.jpg

That Wheatie pic looks very similar to the keg you had at Daz's Kilcoy Christmas Swap Flo. ;)

In fact, those verandah railings look very familiar too. :lol:

AAMOF I can recall a bit of a Wheatie competition going on there until the opposition's regulator was mysteriously wound up by the phantom pressure winder whoever that was. :lol:

What a great swap that was & wondering where is Daz these days? :beer:

Looks like I'll be able to get my hands on a 2 tap miracle box for the night, now to sort out gas, be stuffed if I'm lugging my bottle around.

Plenty of gas around on the day, and no need to have a permanent line hooked up, the occasional squirt will do.

Looks like I'm all sorted then, just need to free up a couple of fermenters to get my swap beer done and something to drink on the night, probably an ESB I've got cubed.

I've actually changed my mind on sampling some of my dunkels before the swap. I'll bring the spares along to the swap and open a spare at the same time as someone who loves their dunkels opens a spare. Baptism of fire baby!!! :blink:

Can also see where the carb level is at. I guess you can kind of tell by the hardness of the bottle, but the proof is in the tasting.

At this stage I will be bringing a 12L mini-keg of testicular APA (Goomba's Lord Nelson which suffered an unfortunate testicular viewing during the Southside brew day) , and the spare (at this stage 7) bottles of the dunkel, and 2 tallies and 2 stubbies of my Van Damme Tripel Play. May possibly be bringing a 2nd mini-keg of my Hulk Smash Citra APA depending on ferment times. This will be going into the ferment fridge Sunday night. I may need to invest in a deluxe Florian drinks coldinator if this 2nd mini-keg eventuates.

Oh, and I've just realised one of the reasons I liked bottling is that you can sit in front of the tv or computer glugging down a tally and enjoying feeling like a right grub.... :chug:

angus_grant said:
I've actually changed my mind on sampling some of my dunkels before the swap. I'll bring the spares along to the swap and open a spare at the same time as someone who loves their dunkels opens a spare. Baptism of fire baby!!! :blink:

Can also see where the carb level is at. I guess you can kind of tell by the hardness of the bottle, but the proof is in the tasting.

At this stage I will be bringing a 12L mini-keg of testicular APA (Goomba's Lord Nelson which suffered an unfortunate testicular viewing during the Southside brew day) , and the spare (at this stage 7) bottles of the dunkel, and 2 tallies and 2 stubbies of my Van Damme Tripel Play. May possibly be bringing a 2nd mini-keg of my Hulk Smash Citra APA depending on ferment times. This will be going into the ferment fridge Sunday night. I may need to invest in a deluxe Florian drinks coldinator if this 2nd mini-keg eventuates.

Oh, and I've just realised one of the reasons I liked bottling is that you can sit in front of the tv or computer glugging down a tally and enjoying feeling like a right grub.... :chug:
LOL this post has everything I love about home brewers in it! "unfortunate testicular viewing" gold! Not good wh&s practice when working with hot wort...

Stupid iPhone double posting rubbish

STANDARD WARNING ABOUT USING 750ML PET BOTTLES (PLEASE KEEP THIS HERE).
1) Winkle, Apricot Sour.
2) Beersuit.
3) Benken25 - Rauchbier
4) Earle - smoked rye porter (swapping but won't be able to attend)
5) Bradsbrew - Chocpricot Mild Ale
6) Robv
7) Liam_snorkel - cherrywood rauchbier (probably)
8 ) lukiferj
9) Parks - Single hop Amarillo IPA
10) Daemon - Mocha Porter
11) Angus - dunkel weizen
12) Jameson- scotch ale
13) ballantynebrew - Vintage Ale
14) TheCarbinator
15) NickB - probably something infected
16) Snow - "Batzlove" Imperial Witbier
17) Aydos - Blueberry and Black peppercorn Belgian stout.
18 ) Maxbroner
19) leahy268 - Cascade and Galaxy pale ale
20) Donske - Rye Dark Mild
21) tazman1967 - Kraken Rum Oak Aged Stout
22) madpierre - If I may join the festivities, something beery and basic and depending on how future work roster holds up, for the moment I am in though

Attending (Not Swapping)
1) Gavo - Too lazy to swap
2) TidalPete -- Bringing a keg of my Chocolate Treacle Oatmeal Stout.
4) kegs23
5) Ross - Might be tied up with our brewery bar opening, but if not, I'm in.
6) Florian
7) Rowy (Clashes with another event but keen to attend) 30Pk XXXX Gold on ice and ready!

Swap beer updated

Finally got some brewing done on the weekend. Still won't make it down I'm afraid but will attempt to send some bottles down.
Assuming that I don't get a wild yeast infection like last swap that is.

Swap bottled - 27 bottles so I'm stoked. I'll have one spare to put into the BABBs annual comp and a few others for sampling.

IMG_5124.jpg

A sneaky taster from the fermenter :)

IMG_5119.jpg

Pretty happy with it. I have no doubt it'll satisfy some of you resin junkies :icon_drool2:

STANDARD WARNING ABOUT USING 750ML PET BOTTLES (PLEASE KEEP THIS HERE).
1) Winkle, Apricot Sour.
2) Beersuit.
3) Benken25 - Rauchbier
4) Earle - smoked rye porter (swapping but won't be able to attend)
5) Bradsbrew - Chocpricot Mild Ale
6) Robv
7) Liam_snorkel - cherrywood rauchbier (probably)
8 ) lukiferj
9) Parks - Single hop Amarillo IPA
10) Daemon - Mocha Porter
11) Angus - dunkel weizen
12) Jameson- scotch ale
13) ballantynebrew - Vintage Ale
14) TheCarbinator
15) NickB - probably something infected
16) Snow - "Batzlove" Imperial Witbier
17) Aydos - Blueberry and Black peppercorn Belgian stout.
18 ) Maxbroner
19) leahy268 - Cascade and Galaxy pale ale
20) Donske - Rye Dark Mild
21) tazman1967 - Kraken Rum Oak Aged Stout
22) madpierre - If I may join the festivities, something beery and basic and depending on how future work roster holds up, for the moment I am in though

Attending (Not Swapping)
1) Gavo - Too lazy to swap
2) TidalPete -- Bringing a keg of my Chocolate Treacle Oatmeal Stout.
4) kegs23
5) Ross - Might be tied up with our brewery bar opening, but if not, I'm in.
6) Florian
7) Rowy (Clashes with another event but keen to attend) 30Pk XXXX Gold on ice and ready!
8)wombil will bring something to drink and got some good firewood,maybe enough .

Latest posts

Back