Qld Xmas Case Swap 2008

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xmas in November Swap Dates - all saturdays

• Saturday the 1st

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday the 8th

• Saturday the 15th

• Saturday the 22nd

• Saturday the 29th

• I don't give a damn - I'm coming anyway!

• Total voters
The pig on the spit does, but your bare arse doesn`t :lol:
It`s just that the other states Xmas swaps seem to be a lot more sedate.
We don`t want them thinking the Qld one is some sort of free ticket to a night of unrestrained debauchery.

stagga.

Thank Christ you didn't come on the mighty road trip to Agnes, those bastards were out of control by Gympie.
And Incider was parked directly behind me, would have been a lot more nervous if I wasn't sitting down. :lol:

Jay

There were a few dimples in the back of the driver's seat and *ahem* it was a white German Volvo... :lol:

If I could just interject on a more serious note, I've got about 12 empty, spare baby formula tins sitting around. They are great for holding specialty grains and hold about a kilo each, any takers?

cheers

Browndog

I agree browndog, currently got that many filled with specialties. Snap 'em up dudes. NickB has printed labels on his spec grain store, that's some organisation!

i'd take a few BD! thanks mate!

on another serious note im attempting to organise some thermometer calibration while we are there... tried last swap and it all went silly before we even got there... so what i figure is we need someone with a calibrated thermometer, and a pot of water and a heating element

just want to check it at 20*, 55*, 60*, 70*

anyone?

If I could just interject on a more serious note, I've got about 12 empty, spare baby formula tins sitting around. They are great for holding specialty grains and hold about a kilo each, any takers?

cheers

Browndog
Thanks Browndog, I'll take 2 or 3 off ya hands - or more if noone else wants any..

Cheers,

PB :icon_cheers:

cheers

Browndog

I just chucked about 2 dozen out... been keeping them for ages but they were filling up the wall of the shed quicker than i could use them.
Never thought to put them on here... :rolleyes:

Sqyre.. :unsure:

OFF TOPIC ::: but it is the qld swap thred so whats off topic anyway>>>>>

Brew wench rang the BIL yesty arv and all is well with them , they lost a few roof tiles and have a bit of water damage, however a trip around the areas new building sites a few new tiles (mixed colors) and they are dry and all good .. They do have friends staying with them now who have lost everything ...
so thanks for the replys guys ....

Sqyre, BIL (Gavin) is thinking of attending the swap , trying too organise a leave pass , will know mid next week ....

cheers

Hey Browndog, I wouldn't mind a couple, but aren't fussed if I miss out. Around this time next year, I'll be stockpiling them again myself :rolleyes:

Hey Browndog, I wouldn't mind a couple, but aren't fussed if I miss out. Around this time next year, I'll be stockpiling them again myself :rolleyes:

No worries Ben, they are yours too.

cheers

Browndog

yeah fellas, due to me not being able to brew as of yet, I wont be able to be in the swap. I still am coming, but no swap beers for lobby. Btw, who was it that offered me a lift like 20 pages ago? is the offer still good?

Lobby

That Mo doing the trick with SWMBO... :icon_cheers:

yeah fellas, due to me not being able to brew as of yet, I wont be able to be in the swap. I still am coming, but no swap beers for lobby. Btw, who was it that offered me a lift like 20 pages ago? is the offer still good?

Lobby
That was me Lobby. At this stage I won't be leaving Mansfield 'til 3-4, have to work during the day (I think). Will let you know as the date gets closer.

Farken pissing down here at the moment boys...... lucky the beer is safe and sound, a farken thunderbolt just scared the shitout of me.....bye

That was me Lobby. At this stage I won't be leaving Mansfield 'til 3-4, have to work during the day (I think). Will let you know as the date gets closer.
hey mate, thats cool. if your the only bloke heading down that way near me, then what choice do i have :p. probably a good thing arriving a bit later than the others... less time for them to do nasty things under my exoskeleton...

oh, btw, what are the sleeping arrangements. like, aside from the fact that me and incider are sharing whatever we end up in, is it sleeping bags on the floor?

Lobby

hey mate, thats cool. if your the only bloke heading down that way near me, then what choice do i have :p . probably a good thing arriving a bit later than the others... less time for them to do nasty things under my exoskeleton...

oh, btw, what are the sleeping arrangements. like, aside from the fact that me and incider are sharing whatever we end up in, is it sleeping bags on the floor?

Lobby

Bring a swag,
If its raining, there is plenty of room up in the bar or downstairs with the stairway..
Just dont cuddle up with the fermenters apparently mozzies like Co2..just ask Frogman.

If it's a lovely night... anywhere you like... under the stars on the deck or down the paddock with Incider and the Goats.. :huh:

Sqyre... ;)

Back