Nsw Xmas In July Case 2007 - Consumption

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davekate's Honey Pilsner

A nice amber colour with excellent clarity, this beer pours with an ample white head which dissipated fairly quickly. There are some yeast esters on the nose with a hint of lemon. The beer is slightly sweet up front and is followed by a funny medicinal flavour and some hot alcohol. Unfortunately this lingers on into the finish. The carbonation and bitterness levels are very good for the style. Potentially a good drop, let down a little by the fermentation. Cheers davekate.

Forkboy's Chocolate Porter

Sorry Forkboy, I'm doing this from memory. I wrote a full review last night but somehow it didn't make it to the website (probably PEBKAC). I am really bummed because it was a terrific beer. It was just shy of black, letting enough light through to throw lots of nice ruby and amber colours. There was some licorice, molasses and chocolate notes on the nose. The taste was awesome, a really long chocolate finish with well balanced bitterness and carbonation. Sorry about the scant detail Forkboy, this was a first class beer which I really enjoyed. Cheers.

PoMo's Oatmeal Stout

Uberblack with some amber highlights peeking through the gloom. It poured with an ample off white head which stuck around for most of the glass. There are some chocolate and roasty notes along with some esters. The beer is sweet up front with the creamy mouthfeel of the style and finishes to a dry balanced roastiness. The mouthfeel is tending towards the thin side which helps to keep it really drinkable. Top beer thanks PoMo, a great way to end the case.

That's it everyone, my case is done. 27 beers and 27 reviews, it's been a great journey. Thanks everyone, I'm looking forward to the next one.

22.Homebrewworld - American Pale Ale
Nice deep gold colour, Thin but good head, and a great flavour.
I'm really getting into the APA's now, and this one was tops.

PoMo's Oatmeal Stout

Uberblack with some amber highlights peeking through the gloom. It poured with an ample off white head which stuck around for most of the glass. There are some chocolate and roasty notes along with some esters. The beer is sweet up front with the creamy mouthfeel of the style and finishes to a dry balanced roastiness. The mouthfeel is tending towards the thin side which helps to keep it really drinkable. Top beer thanks PoMo, a great way to end the case.

Cheers gh. Appreciate the feedback. I was pretty pleased with that stout. Glad to see it has survived the test of time :)

It might have been a bit thicker, but to make the required 28 bottles, I had to prime with a litre of priming solution ;)

Shared one of Gulpa's complimentary Porters (had August on the cap) last weekend with my father-in-law. He's not really a drinker, but loves his stout, and he was very impressed with this one, Gulpa. Definitely an easy-drinking, very-tasty porter.

Shared one of Gulpa's complimentary Porters (had August on the cap) last weekend with my father-in-law. He's not really a drinker, but loves his stout, and he was very impressed with this one, Gulpa. Definitely an easy-drinking, very-tasty porter.

Glad you enjoyed, Pete. Funny enough, this is one that I keep for when my father-in-law wants a beer. He likes them dark as well.

Cheers,
Andrew.

26. Brewer - Irish Ale - WLP 004

Drank this one yesterday arvo while brewing up a JSGA clone. It was a great way to finish the weekend. Good beer, and the aroma of the amarillo wafting across the backyard!

Bloody beautiful. Even had it in a Kilkenny glass, but it was tastier than a Kilkenny. Nice hop bitterness, and a great colour.

Only one tallie to go now, 25. Oatmeal stout.

25. PoMo - Oatmeal Stout

A top beer indeed, PoMo. I'm struggling to remember the finer points as i had this over a week ago, but it was tops. Nice roasty smooth and slightly bitter.
A great way to end off a brilliant case of beers.
Cheers guys.
Pete

10. Trent - Dry Stout (WY 1084)

I found this and a few others, coated in oil, after my latest flood.

After cleaning the bottle, I imbibed.

This beer has great chocolate/espresso character and after 12 months has mellowed out to a very drinkable stout.
No excessive alcohol or yeasty character.

I didn't record anything at the time, as my internet was out. Phone line chopped by some Water Co. nong with a back-hoe.

Apologies for the small amount of feedback, but the beer was well enjoyed.

Les

Back