Marks Home Brew confirmed to stay open then sold

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm the same with mine but you do get your own cylinder back.

Harry Volting said:
BrewBuilder front end, same killer crush from the same killer mill, locally based and Fastway freight (cheap).

OK so the mill is not for sale.

I thought the new owners would want that baby.

Mark has some other stuff on the go, I'm sure he will share at some point.

Kirk at the place in Hamilton is getting more and more grain in which should keep the new owner on his toes

I dont think Kirk is going to keep anyone on their toes. (Sorry Kirk) Unless someone is selling key rings and beer coasters.
I have not been filled with awe inspiring brewing confidence after visiting him.
Time will tell though. Supplies are getting low though so I hope this new mystery man reveales himself soon. I dont want to have to get another bulk order.

As posted, Country Brewer at East Maitland does excellent service and prices on 25k grains and fair range of hops.

SJW said:
I dont think Kirk is going to keep anyone on their toes. (Sorry Kirk) Unless someone is selling key rings and beer coasters.
I have not been filled with awe inspiring brewing confidence after visiting him.
Time will tell though. Supplies are getting low though so I hope this new mystery man reveales himself soon. I dont want to have to get another bulk order.
I'm sure he's champing at the bit to reveal his identity and start his retailing.
No point doing it before he has stock, I feel.
I'd like to put my hand up, right now, for a bag of Maris or Perle to kick off.

Kirk is close to work for me, has bulk grain I can pick up at a good price. Gets spec grains in for me that he doesn't stock. No complaints here, you a hard man to please SJW?

I sound like I am advertising but I just like to acknowledge someone I am happy with... $85 for MO through Kirk Les (pick up)

Les the Weizguy said:
I'm sure he's champing at the bit to reveal his identity and start his retailing.
I'd like to put my hand up, right now, for a bag of Marris or Perle to kick off.
And this mysterious new owner is ...,? this isn't a question, I am just guessing and time will tell.though it seems you lot over that will have a HB shop for all your needs.
Cheers...spog...

Moad said:
Kirk is close to work for me, has bulk grain I can pick up at a good price. Gets spec grains in for me that he doesn't stock. No complaints here, you a hard man to please SJW?
Thats what Mrs SJW says too :(

Les the Weizguy said:
I'd like to put my hand up, right now, for a bag of Maris or Perle to kick off.
I need another bag of Munich I as I have run out of it, but have only just opened a bag of Perle bought from Mark when he was still open..

Probably time for me to say something..
I am taking over the business from Mark. I haven't said anything since I am just not ready yet, but the time seems right.

Admin have changed my name from Fear_n_loath to Brewman_. Yet to change me to a retailer, as things just aren't ready for that yet. Business name is Brewman, and my name is Steve. Many of you will know me from HUB, Bitter & Twisted and the last few NSW state comps and various other activities that have happened around Newcastle. If you've been at any of these events, chances are we have had a chat and a beer before.

I will post more information when I am ready to go, which I am hoping will not be too far off. The move has been completed and now waiting for deliveries of Malt, Hops and yeast. There was not much stock remaining with Mark, so I will start off with mostly all freshly delivered ingredients.

The Web site is under construction, it will be a new site, which I will advise when complete.

I will be using Brewbuilder. For those existing users your recipes will still be there. I am near Raymond Terrace, I will be using various means of postage and will offer pick ups as well. More info on this to come.

I do have Marks old mill. It is very nice!

For anyone that has an unfulfilled order from Mark I will contact you to see if you still need it, I understand that many brewers would have found other sources of ingredients recently.

So a start is getting close, but not there yet.

More information to come soon.

For Mark, he has been an asset to the brewing community in many ways, particularly in Newcastle. I wish him well and hope he stays involved in the brewing community in some way.

Cheers Steve

This topic has kind of evolved into a retail thread.
In fairness to current sponsors and retailers it has been moved to the retail area.
Good luck with the new venture Brewman_

haha was wondering why i couldn't log into brew builder :unsure: ,good luck with your new venture i was/am a customer so am looking forward to placing order, will u be doin 'pickup' orders or mail only

Nice, I will hold out and make do with the last of a bulk buy I had to do as Mark was running down stock.
Look forward to meeting you Steve.

Steve

Will your grain ad hop prices be comparable to marks or are we in for a price rise? I won't pay the asking price for the other two shops in newy, I'm better off mail ordering. Better off mail ordering most things come to think of it.

Awesome stuff Steve. Look forward to supporting your new venture. Will you be taking on the gas refills at all?

Latest posts

Back