Hub Xmas In July Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schooey

Reaction score
Hunter United Brewers Xmas in July Case Swap is to be held on Sunday 25th July. Venue is yet to be decided, but maybe some ideas for a park or picnic area with some public barbecues or somewhere where we can set up a few portable barbecues and burn a bit of meat. I have a little two burner jobbie I'm happy to bring along for the day. Ideas anyone?

Usual Case Swap rules apply; You will provide 14 or 28 bottles of your best to swap on the day. Bottles are to be tallies (750ml or thereabouts)

1. Schooey - Some kind of big IIPA, WLP051

Edit: Article here

Hunter United Brewers Xmas in July Case Swap is to be held on Sunday 25th July. Venue is yet to be decided, but maybe some ideas for a park or picnic area with some public barbecues or somewhere where we can set up a few portable barbecues and burn a bit of meat. I have a little two burner jobbie I'm happy to bring along for the day. Ideas anyone?

Usual Case Swap rules apply; You will provide 14 or 28 bottles of your best to swap on the day. Bottles are to be tallies (750ml or thereabouts)

Edit: Article here
I was surprised how well accepted this concept was at the meeting last night.
Seems that it's just the sort of group activity we needed.
I'm in! I brewed a dunkelweizen doppelbock a while back and it was mentioned (fondly) last night.
Soooo...., it's getting another run.

Please mention the yeast you are using, as some of us are yeast collectors and farmers. My collection is not huge (IMO), but if you need something odd, give me a yell. Who knows? I might have what ur after. :icon_cheers:

2. Loftboy - TBA, but probably an amber ale or strong ale
3. Les the Weizguy - Weizenbock (by request), O.G. ~1.072 (just to out-do Schooey :lol: ) W3638 yeast

:lol:

If this is a requestathon, can we put a request in for schmick to do his winter warmer again?

If this is a requestathon, can we put a request in for schmick to do his winter warmer again?
We can do better than that, Schooey. We can pencil it in for him, and he can change it later, if he needs to.

3. Les the Weizguy - Weizenbock (by request), O.G. ~1.072 (just to out-do Schooey :lol: ) W3638 yeast
4. Schmick - Winter warmer (please?)

Sweet, I am in.

3. Les the Weizguy - Weizenbock (by request), O.G. ~1.072 (just to out-do Schooey ) W3638 yeast
5. Ken - To Be Decided

Why not .....

3. Les the Weizguy - Weizenbock (by request), O.G. ~1.072 (just to out-do Schooey ) W3638 yeast
5. Ken - To Be Decided
6. DaveL - TBD

5. Ken - To Be Decided
6. DaveL - TBD
7. Scott (goatherder) - Schwartzbier - Wyeast 2487

5. Ken - To Be Decided
6. DaveL - TBD
8. Benniee - either a CAP or a Munich Dunkel. - Wyeast 2308 Munich Lager

I'll firm up my entry in the next couple of days.

Benniee

I'll be at Perisher that day :( :D . Is it possible to still be in the swap if we arange to have our beers there?

Was good to finally get to a meeting last night too.

Adam

I'll be at Perisher that day :( :D . Is it possible to still be in the swap if we arange to have our beers there?

Was good to finally get to a meeting last night too.

Adam

Adam,

Don't let that stop you from entering. You'll just need to organise with another member beforehand to swap your entries for you.

David.

I'm in also

5. Ken - To Be Decided
6. DaveL - TBD
9. Geoff (The Ol' Boozeroony) Not sure yet. Maybe a low-carb mid-strength... haha

Cheers
Geoff

I'm in also

5. Ken - To Be Decided
6. DaveL - TBD
9. Geoff (The Ol' Boozeroony) Not sure yet. Maybe a low-carb mid-strength... haha
10 Mark - Golden Barley Lager/Wine (Ok Ill play along 1.100 OG, Danish Lager 2042)

Cheers
Geoff

It does conflict with my life's ambition to never brew the exact same beer twice but I'll see what I can do :)

C'mon you lot. There's a bunch of people who were there on Friday night who haven't got their names on this list.

Brew a kit, extract or grain. Just put your best foot forward & brew something you are comfortable brewing. There's nothing to lose.

You'll get honest, constructive feedback on your beer and there might even be a few gems in the case to drink. You'll get to taste some styles you've never brewed before.

It's a great learning experience and a lot of fun.

I'm in - case swap day being my birthday, looking forward to celebrating with a few different brews

5. Ken - To Be Decided
6. DaveL - TBD
10 Mark - Golden Barley Lager/Wine (Ok Ill play along 1.100 OG, Danish Lager 2042)
11. Clifftiger - TBA

5. Ken - To Be Decided
6. DaveL - TBD
11. Clifftiger - TBA
12. Rurik - Bitter

Very tempting....now that i'm a "local".

5. Ken - To Be Decided
6. DaveL - TBD
11. Clifftiger - TBA
12. Rurik - Bitter
13. Muggus - Something with smoked malt

5. Ken - To Be Decided
6. DaveL - TBD
10 Mark - Golden Barley Lager/Wine (Ok I'll play along 1.100 OG, Danish Lager 2042)
11. Clifftiger - TBA
12. Rurik - Bitter
14. Danny Boy - tba
15. Keith - tba

5. Ken - Vienna lager
6. DaveL - TBD
10 Mark - Golden Barley Lager/Wine (Ok I'll play along 1.100 OG, Danish Lager 2042)
11. Clifftiger - TBA
12. Rurik - Bitter
14. Danny Boy - tba
15. Keith - tba

Edited for beer style!

5. Ken - Vienna lager
6. DaveL - TBD
11. Clifftiger - TBA
12. Rurik - Bitter
14. Danny Boy - tba
15. Keith - tba
16. HarryB - tba

Back