Full Pint: Brew Supplies

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We don't get an East/West link but we get a public holiday this Friday for the AFL Grand Final, sorry interstate customers... We will be closed Friday. Anyway, if you post on our Facebook post ONLY, the winner of the AFL Grand Final - Winning Team and exact margin for 2015 [Pre Game, obviously], you will have a $20 credit applied to your account. Why not?

RE-STOCKS CITY!

Grainfathers, MJ yeast range, US05, Hops: Cascade, Hallertau MF, Amarillo, EKG, Ella, Equinox, Fuggles, Magnum, Mandarina Bavaria, Mosaic, Simcoe, Vic Secret, Warrior....

Most grains replenished, Minerals and heaps of other top ups. WL is taking the long weekend sleeping in a fridge at freight forwarders, so will be entered Monday.

New products to be listed over the next few days! Stay tuned.

Cheers
Andrew

Hi cocko, sent you a pm but not going through...

Hi Andrew keen on getting th rims rocket, I need the whole thing plus the holder atachment thingo. What's the go with the wiring? I see some retailers not selling anything blichman that's electrical?

Cheers mate
Jonny

droid said:
Hi cocko, sent you a pm but not going through...

Hi Andrew keen on getting th rims rocket, I need the whole thing plus the holder atachment thingo. What's the go with the wiring? I see some retailers not selling anything blichman that's electrical?

Cheers mate
Jonny
Hey Mate, They are 240v 3500w - So a 15amp GPO will be required. It comes with a L6-30P plug, so if your are not using it with a controller, you may require a qualified person to change it to your needs.

Grainer said:
waiting for the yeast to go up for sale... please put up soon :)

FRESH WHITE LABS - NOW IN!

001, 002 and 004 in the new 'Pure Pitch' packaging.

Thanks Cocko... always easy to deal with. Now to find room in the freezer to hide the yeast and hops before the wife gets home and finds out i have more again!

takai said:
Thanks Cocko... always easy to deal with. Now to find room in the freezer to hide the yeast and hops before the wife gets home and finds out i have more again!
so how does the yeast handle freezing?

Hows it work for Safale who have a protective gas atmosphere inside with the yeast as opposed to Danstar who vacuum seal?

think about it..

dehydrated....

Its the water in the cell wall that crystallizes when freezing.. no water, no rupture..

Its what Glycerine does, displaces the water in the cell wall..

Yeah, I've always thought they should've been ok to freeze for the reason you said; but just went by what the producers said was ok. Just assumed there must still be water in the cells or something.
Obviously adds fuel to the idea that what they advise isn't always the full truth.

Rehydrate, anybody?!

Back