2016 Qld xmas in july case swap tasting thread

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aydos - I got the IPA. Just had a look at the beers, the only swap beers I currently have cold are both smoked and I just had a 50rye50rauch beer, so why not crack into them!

24. Ardo- Wheat Doppelbock

I love a good D'bock and this nails the style. Clean as but
With beautiful dried fruit maltiness

Well done mate. Lovely beer ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1469871327.743471.jpg

21. Robv - Dark Mild

A great cleanser between all the imperial beers. I really rate this style and its bang on.

Love it!

1469871649487.jpg

5. Motabika - Lichtenhainer
Like two beers in one - delicate smoke aroma followed by clean but strong acidity, and it works so well. What a trip, willy wonka beer, cheers Steve!
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1469872510.062227.jpg

24. Adr0 - Wheat dopplebock - 8.3%
This is one meaty beverage. Im having trouble describing the aroma but it's very pleasant, malty & fruity without being sweet, and a good whack of one of those microwaveable heat bags full of unmalted wheat. Taste follows and has a good chew, full bodied but attenuated, malt lingering on the palate. Oh boy. Lacing like a meringue, frothy ropes everywhere. Hats off

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1469877475.267788.jpg

12. Lord Raja Goomba I - AIPA (12A)

A really nice wafting of US hops. I'm a few beers in so can't be much more descriptive than that. Sorry Chris. :)

A nice hit of malt and bittering hops up front and the malt fades out and the hops do their thing. Oily chewy hop after-taste.

A tasty burp is the result which is how I judge a good ipa. Nailed it.

A really nice solid beer. Not stupid levels of hops, still malt character, could have a few of these.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1469880451.800445.jpg

I was around at Seehuusen's place yesterday and had a go of;

It was like Knackwurst and Sauerkraut In a glass. I strangely enjoyed it, and the piss-take of a bottle label.

15. Radshoes - infected saison - bottled straight from the barrel last night so do not drink until the 30th of July at least.

FYI my bottle is still softer than Angus' balls at 11am on swap night.

I just have it a roll and put it back in storage.

Parks said:
15. Radshoes - infected saison - bottled straight from the barrel last night so do not drink until the 30th of July at least.

FYI my bottle is still softer than Angus' balls at 11am on swap night.

I just have it a roll and put it back in storage.
shit balls the test bottle i did a couple of weeks before carbed up in less than a week.
is there/was there dead yeasties at the bottom?

MIK-E said:

It was like Knackwurst and Sauerkraut In a glass.
Great description!

radshoes said:
shit balls the test bottle i did a couple of weeks before carbed up in less than a week.
Mine has dead yeast but strangely has bubbles at the top of the bottle. Something is going on might just need more time.

radshoes said:
There was either yeast or trub settled. It's been fairly cold here so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt ;)

21 robv dark mild. Very nice mate crystal clear, great colour and very drinkable. Would definitely have a session on this

Currently food prepping for the weak and drinking Aydos IPA.
Winning on both counts.
Slick mouthfeel, great body, mild sweetness balancing with really good sharp bitterness.
Thanks for running out of stout, how did you run out of stout, and whats the chance of trying the stout?

12b lord raja goomba American bitter. Pours an amber colour with little head. Green apples on the nose and taste. Really not enjoying this one. Sorry mate

BenKen25 said:
12b lord raja goomba American bitter. Pours an amber colour with little head. Green apples on the nose and taste. Really not enjoying this one. Sorry mate
No problems with you saying that, bud. Sorry it isn't more enjoyable.

MIK-E said:

It was like Knackwurst and Sauerkraut In a glass. I strangely enjoyed it, and the piss-take of a bottle label.
Sauerkraut is a good descriptor, when I opened the bottle I was thinking pickled onions. Didn't get a heap of smoke but smoke perception varies widely I reckon.

Also, I think we know why Angela Merkel has that look on her face, mmm sour.

21. Robv - Dark Mild 3% , only bottled this week, give it 2 weeks

Just a fantastic beer. Great flavour with a bit of roast. Wouldn't know it was just 3% from the taste. Could definitely get stuck into heap of this.

14. Dan Barrington - Chilli Brown Ale/ Porter (Drink now, poor carefully)

Wasn't looking forward to this one. Anyone who knows about some of the Too SOBA guys and their chillies would know why. But boy I was wrong. Great dark ale/porter with some solid chilli heat which is not over the top. Good dark ale flavour up front followed through with the chilli heat. Good one Dan. You've earned those hugs that you stole as I was leaving the case swap.

Latest posts

Back