2013 Melb Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could have it at mine as long as there is an electrician willing to hook up my keggerator and fridge to the STCs lol.. also bulk buying on the morning of the 14th

Thinkin I should be at the QLD swap.. they have a full list of attendees...LOL

The system (to my mind) is the definitive factor, aren't we going with relaxed brewers system? I thought he put up his hand when djar had to pull out?

I really don't mind where it is, just needs to be called so we can plan for it

Yep, realize that DU99, a kind offer indeed, however, the system he runs is a 50l system which would mean multiple systems and possibly a major **** around for relaxed,

As I said, I don't mind where it is, let's call it And crack on with it

;)

Yob said:
Yep, realize that DU99, a kind offer indeed, however, the system he runs is a 50l system which would mean multiple systems and possibly a major **** around for relaxed,

As I said, I don't mind where it is, let's call it And crack on with it

;)
Apologies about the Red Herring.

Okay, so I am going to act a bit presumptuous here and try and get some progress happening on this thread, as there is still a lot to organise by the looks. We still need to confirm attendees, etc, as well as dates and host.

RelaxedBrewer said:
I just figured I would add it to my BB grain bill. If you want to chuck in some of the money that is fine with me.

The 14th is much better for me, not sure about the 21st.. I might be able to do it though.
I will throw it out there that RelaxedBrewer is keen for the 14th. Does this work for people?

Sorry guys been really crook (still am) for the past few days and not checked in.

Yep, I am still keen for the 14th.

I would actually prefer it if it was hosted by idsy, but can host if that is what most people would prefer. I can take my system with me to another location (as was the original plan).

RB, maybe sort out with idsy via PM and then tell us where it'll be.. Otherwise we'll still be discussing options in a week..

Aren't you close to djar? That'll make it easy on him to drop cube/ingredients to yours?

In other swap news, got my keg fermenting for it.

Questions for the host...

Do we need to bring all kegging gear? Do you have space in kegerator/keezer? Ball lock? Ice? Eskys?

Yob said:
RB, maybe sort out with idsy via PM and then tell us where it'll be.. Otherwise we'll still be discussing options in a week..

Aren't you close to djar? That'll make it easy on him to drop cube/ingredients to yours?

In other swap news, got my keg fermenting for it.

Questions for the host...

Do we need to bring all kegging gear? Do you have space in kegerator/keezer? Ball lock? Ice? Eskys?
Have PM'd RB. I am still happy to host.

Date locked in 14th December

If people can provide a bucket list of expectations of gear / bbq / food / drinks that would be great. First one attending and hosting!

I'm excited!

EDIT: Keg King are out of stock of Kegerators at present and I don't have one. If you guys could bring portable kegging gear that would be awesome. I have CO2 and Regs, just no cooling and taps atm. Hoping to have something ready for the day.

Cheers,
Idzy

Since its in FTG any chance I can jump in on the swap? Any Gear I can help with? Also is there enough brew for another cube?

Having some form of BBQ/Spit is usual, others can help out and bring snacks/salad etc.

Plan a time to start, send out PM's with addie details, allow 6-8 hours for the brew, best to work back from a completion time but may be difficult to do so with the BB on the same day.

realistically, it's going to be a late one, liase with RB re his system, power requirements, do we need extra extension cords? Mills? Gas bottles? Pumps? etc, we will need a rough guage of what equipment will be in use, I can also bring my 80lt MT/HEX if needed.

Folks will bring portable setups as required, Ill bring an extra pluto gun if needed... things will firm up as it gets closer to the date.. which to be fair isnt far off..

maybe PM Djar as well to see if he can drop cube n stuff to RB or sort it some other fashion?

Nice one for stepping up and pulling this together, it'll be a challenge fo sho'

Okay so it is probably worth reconfirming swappers, non-swappers and cubes.

I have put people in unconfirmed that haven't been blatant that they will be there in the last couple of posts, just so we don't assume people are attending that cannot make it anymore. I will follow people up if they stay in unconfirmed for too long.

We will have two systems minimum: Mine and RelaxedBrewers, which I believe will be a capacity of 160-170L.

I have a MashMaster MiniMill that is wrapped for Christmas, which I may have to unwrap and mount :D However if someone is able to bring a mill that would be awesome.

I will arrange to have a Weber Q and a 6 burner BBQ, but will need to firm up numbers to determine meat quantities, etc.

If you are interested in a cube just put it next to your name like RB has done and place yourself either in Swapper or Non-Swapper column.

Swappers
1. RelaxedBrewer- 20L cube

Non Swappers
1. Idzy - 20L cube
2. Yob - 20L cube

Unconfirmed
Djar007-
Midnight Brew
Lmccrone
Pedleyr
Grainer - Wheat
Damn
technobabble66

Total litres: 60L

Grains:

Hops:

Equipment:
relaxedbrewer : 110-120litre system(massive thanks)
idzy: 50litres system

Recipe:
http://aussiehomebrewer.com/uploads/monthly_11_2013/post-13525-0-64841800-1383441825.jpg

Cheers,
idzy

1. RelaxedBrewer- 20L cube
2. Damn - 17L cube

Non Swappers
1. Idzy - 20L cube
2. Yob - 20L cube

Unconfirmed
Djar007-
Midnight Brew
Lmccrone
Pedleyr
Grainer - Wheat
technobabble66

Total litres: 77L

Grains:

Hops:

Equipment:
relaxedbrewer : 110-120litre system(massive thanks)
idzy: 50litres system
Damn: MaltMuncher

Recipe:
http://aussiehomebre...-1383441825.jpg

Thanks idzy for stepping up.

I will bring my system a long. Does anyone have a larger than 50L pot/kettle that we could use for sparing? I can only sparge with 50L, this recipe looks like it may need more than that.

Latest posts

Back