2013 Melb Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just figured I would add it to my BB grain bill. If you want to chuck in some of the money that is fine with me.

The 14th is much better for me, not sure about the 21st.. I might be able to do it though.

If it goes ahead at yobs place on 21st - I will try drop over to say hi and meet a few of you guys (it's just around the corner from me)

Hey djar,
Totally understandable you have to cancel/defer. No stress! December's always a crazy period to organize anything, and it sounds like you've got way too much on your plate.

21st will be tricky for me - I'm working until 3pm at least, then I've got a dinner at 7. I might b able to swing by for an hr if I'm lucky (or rather, if you're lucky ;-)) ).
But either/or is good, I think. Whatever suits everyone else. While I might not b able to make it, others missing the 14th may be able to.

Similarly with the brew day - I'd love to get 10-20L of Pliny & contribute some ingredients/cash, but if I'm not there it seems a bit lame everyone brews wort for me. Happy to go with the general consensus, but I don't mind if I miss this either.

I think this date will work for me. How many are still keen?

IF it's to go ahead at my gaff.. I can also do the 22 if that works better... from memory we finish up (work work type work) on the 20th so I have a free game card pretty much, will be leaving to go to Brisbane ~24th so just putting it out there as an option.

As said above, I'm happy for it to go ahead elsewhere on the 14th as planned or any other sort of arrangement that is workable gor the group... just want to put the options out there.

:icon_cheers:

IF it's to go ahead at my gaff.. I can also do the 22

"gaff"? How upper-crust British of you. I say, old chap, should be a jolly good show. Pip, pip!

If it's going to be at Yob's on the 22nd,i might actually be able to make it. The rest of December is a disaster zone.

Tickity-boo, an' all that...

maybe we should do this a different way...

Anybody CANT do the 22nd?

Should we plan for this date or is someone holding back with another option?

Toodle pip and Wat Ho!

It looks like I can't make it on the 21st or 22nd as I will probably be heading down the coast for Chrissy stuff then.
I have ordered the base grain through my BB and can organise to drop it at someones place who is going if it is that weekend.

Otherwise, we can do it at my place on the 14th but would be limited in the number of people that stay over. So depending on how many people want to stay this may or may not be an option.

yes, either the 14th or the 22nd..

really, it just needs to be called, both have pro's and cons... as is always the case.

Something to keep in mind is availability of the system that can handle what we need to output, it may be this that makes the decision for us.

RB's + 1

AFAIK we still need some ingredients to make the proposed brew as well.

6kg Pale Mallt x 6 = 36kg Relaxed Brewer
270g Light Crystal (45?) x 6 = 1600g Relaxed Brewer
272g Carapils x 6 = 1632g Relaxed Brewer
340g Dex x6 = 2.04kg (Yob 2040g)

800g Acidulated (Yob 800g) ???

Hops

Columbus 99g @ 90 x6 = 594g djar007-594
Columbus 21g @ 45 x6 = 126g djar007-126
Simcoe 28g @ 30 x6 = 168g Yob - 168
Centennial 28g @ 0 x6 = 168g Grainer - 168
Simcoe 71g @ 0 x6 = 426g Grainer - 100 / Yob - 326

Thought this was sorted????

looks like it, may have missed it, last I saw the C'bus was still unticked.

I guess the only question then is the date/place.

Yob said:
yes, either the 14th or the 22nd..

really, it just needs to be called, both have pro's and cons... as is always the case.

Something to keep in mind is availability of the system that can handle what we need to output, it may be this that makes the decision for us.

RB's + 1

AFAIK we still need some ingredients to make the proposed brew as well.
I believe I can host on the 14th of December. I can't make it on 21st or 22nd. Just putting the offer out there. I also have pool and tennis court and room for other portable systems.

Caveat: I am new to brewing, but the system is pretty good. I purchased it 2nd hand off gava. Rig: http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/76194-forsale-3-vessel-brewrig-75lt-pots/?hl=brewrig

EDIT: I have a purchase in the bulk buy, so hopefully whomever picks up the Grain can also pick mine up as I will probably need to set up and host and stuff.

Attendees
1. Idzy
5 .

With the location and possible date change I'm not going to be able to make it. I've got a busy few weeks coming up and can't really commit while the date and location is still up in the air.

Will move heaven and earth to be at the next one.

JD.

manticle said:
Swappers
1.RelaxedBrewer- 20L cube
2. Djar007-
3.Midnight Brew
4. JD(W81) - Most likely a hefeweizen or APA.
5.Lmccrone
6.Pedleyr
7. Grainer - Wheat
See post above….

Back