VIC: XMAS in July 2013 case swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've negotiated a couple of hours early prior to formal engagements later on today. Will be hitching a ride with Mick, probably approx 11

1. Manticle - Brown Porter
2. Charst – Saison by the look of it (HomeBrew world falling apart)
3. Fikuss – Dunkelweißen
4. DSGA
5. Whiteferret - Oatmeal Treacle Stout Bottled 3/7/13 let it sit if you want tastes alright now.
6. breakbeer - Black Nelson IPA

7. Vitalstatistix
 - Black Masss Extra Stout
9. Wolfman
- Malty Skunk Fart
10. Shane R - Black Saison

11. Yob - English something bastardised (WY1318)
12. Midnight Brew
 - American Brown Ale (Wy Greenbelt) - Drinking fine. Bottled 12.7.13
13. DarkFaerytales - Belgian Dark Ale - wyeast 1762
14. Damn
 - Belgian Strong
15. Edak - Pirates American IPA

16. Kahlerisms (tentative)
17. GrumpyPaul - Cherry Ripe Porter
18. Shane S - Sparkling Pale Ale with Galaxy
19. Grainer - Hoegarrten wannabe
20. micbrew - Stone & Wood Pacific Ale
21. JB - Polite Czech Pils
22. technobabble66 - Two Fat Ducks Ale, DSGA (Simcoe+Motueka)

Non beer swapping attendees
1. Lecterfan (bloody good chance of getting there this time!!!)
2. Fents

Swap Day Purchases
1. Perlick 545PC Flow control tap and 1 keg - Gas Bottle and Regulator- NOBODY
2. Manticle. Gas bottle and 1 keg
3. Yob. 1 keg
4. Darkfaerytale. 1 keg
Swaps
Reserves

Just been skimming through the thread...sounds like it'll be a good day chaps.

I noticed there's a gas bottle for sale. I'd possibly be interested, if the seller could provide details? We could work out a money transfer.

@ YOB- If the bottle's available, could you grab it?

Doesn't matter if it's an inconvenience...I realise beers are being consumed in industrial quantities. Have fun anyway !

Left my cooler bag behind!
Can anyone bring it into town for me?
Black ultrasound bag neer the esky.

Hey hey

Great day !! Fantastic to meet everyone today.

I wonder if the they've added the hops to the boil yet ...? I think the mash was almost finished by 5:45pm when i left - only 4 hours after starting it :unsure:
I now understand the legend of Case Swap Brewing. Most entertaining watching the ensuing capers & highjinks - namely with manticle, Yob, whiteferret & breakbeer crawling in & around various pieces of gear doing the majority of the brewing shenanigans. Also quite educational amongst the entertainment.
What was the final count on Things That Went Wrong?

And massive thanks to breakbeer for hosting. You did a great job, dude. :super:

I hope y'all not too hung-over by the time you read this :D
Can't wait to start trying the collected beers!! :icon_drool2:

Yeah that was great fun. Highly entertaining day with some tasty beers and good beer geek talk.

That spit was smelling amazing by the time we had to head off.
Great work and thanks for having us all over Glenny (breakbeer).

Fantastic day ! Well done Glen ...... and thanks for hosting

there were quite few setups for me to feast my eyes upon ... yeah some lovely beers as well
hope the brew went according to (swap day) plan ...
great to meet you blokes n gals and cannot wait to sample the swap beers

these get togethers really help drive inspiration ... and better beers

cheers mick

Shane R said:
Left my cooler bag behind!
Can anyone bring it into town for me?
Black ultrasound bag neer the esky.
I've grabbed it shane.

I didn't think to make arrangements for someone to bring my beers home... I shouldn't have assumed, but mick did you bring them back with you?

Had an awesome time .. Great to put names to faces .. My wife loved it as well .. Especially the feed at the end :)
Grainier aka John & Wifey

Great Day Night. Thanks very much to Glen for Hosting and Manticle, Yob and Co for brewing.
Bit shaky today but a big feed and a bit of a lay down i'll be into the swaps.

cheers

Cheers all, especially Glen for hosting and his lovely lady for putting up with a house full of brewers/drunkards.

For those who witnessed the colossal number of whoopsies and **** ups with the brewing - all cubes got filled with 1062 lovely black wort.

No idea what time. I recommend fermenting with a nice UK liquid yeast like 1099 or 1084

If the size of my hangover is anything to go by I must've had an awesome time.

Thanks to all that rocked up, brewed, drank, cooked & ate (I was a bit devastated the crackling didn't turn out, but a large empty platter at the end was a good sign) Massive Thanks to manticle, Yob & white ferret for doing the lions share of the brewing

I'm thinking a bit of hair of the dog might fix me up so I might chuck a few of the swap beers into the fridge, not sure where to start?

Did anyone leave their swap beers here? There's at least one full set in my garage, I haven't checked if they're all their though. If I told someone I'd hold on to them then I've forgotten who that was

Meathead, I've got your cube sitting on my porch

I'll post some pics soon

Great day again lads, thanks for Hosting BB..

2.JPG

Always an impressive sight

Rig.JPG

Assorted bits of kit came together from all over the state to make quite an impressive looking rig.

6.JPG

The most cubes Ive seen lined up for a single brew session, pretty much all were filled, there may have even been a bit extra left over :beerbang:

3.JPG

Way to finish off the evening, with a rancid something or other :icon_vomit:

7.JPG

It really was an epic brewday with more stuck mashes than it's ever been my pleasure to witniss, will be happy if it never happens again, Big ups to Manticle for keeping a cool head and getting it sorted, repeatedly... Fecking oats <_< My kingdom for some Rice Gulls :rolleyes:

4.JPG

Some folks just really know how to enjoy themselves

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 26
Haha there's my new avatar when I can drag myself off the couch. Best burner lighter I've seen.

Latest posts

Back