2013 Melb Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL I thought it was 40 ..I had reading of 34? and the second kettle was about 40..???

Final verdict

1st Batch=?
2nd Batch=?

RelaxedBrewer said:
Does anyone know the starting gravity of our Piney? Mine is already fermenting and I can't remember what it was.
I remember the beer from the second runnings were OG of 43-44.
You didnt take a gravity reading before you pitched?

Working without a safety net here.....

Pliny the Elder's planned OG was 1088, but we ended-up with a larger volume. Yob mentioned the numbers of 1072 & 1075 in the same sentence. Those two figures stick in my memory.

Pliny the Younger(?) I seem to remember was bandied-about @ 1045. I'll take an OG reading when I pitch it tomorrow & post it back here.

Now....Yob....are you learning the value of WRITTEN notes yet??? ;)

nope.. I can still take a gravity reading before I pitch :p

I think that the younger was 1045 from what is a very hazy memory ;)

1.072 was mentioned for Pliny the elder [edit: it was measured at 1.070, and martin(?) said it was close to the 1.072 of the original recipe], but I'm not sure if that was before or after the dex went in.
And yes, mine is already pitched also.
Anyone else get it down or measure before pitching?

I haven't pitched yet, so I can take a reading. Will let you know.

My batch in the fermenter was reading at 1.068 this evening. Don't shoot the messenger. I remember you guys saying my meter was reading slightly lower than the one you had, but I double checked calibration prior too, was spot on 1.000

I don't think so, Yob. I kept an eye on which one was which when we were comparing calibrations & after you & I tried Adam's with plain water, I definitely put his back in it's box.

I havnt looked yet, just wondered if they might have got crossed, thanx for keeping an eye out.. Mine were a bit blurry by then.. Ha ha

1068 seems a bit low from What I recall.. Tempted to get mine on, I've got a 2lt starter finishing up.

;)

Hey guys what happened to my bottles?
Wasn't there enough beer.....did you buggers drink em?

Damn said:
Hey guys what happened to my bottles?
Wasn't there enough beer.....did you buggers drink em?
I dont know...

Though not a part of the swap itself, I'm happy to pass you a few bottles when you swing past for that other gear :)

Happy to part with a few more if you are out my way :)

Not sure what happened to your bottles. Were they marked with anything?

Pretty sure we totaly forgot about yours and only swapped between 5 of us. Maybe Idzy has them at his place.

RelaxedBrewer said:
Not sure what happened to your bottles. Were they marked with anything?

Pretty sure we totaly forgot about yours and only swapped between 5 of us. Maybe Idzy has them at his place.
My bottles are longnecks with either #24 LCPA or there was a few #23 SNAPA5 stickers on the red caps. IDZY hasn't got them. No hard feelings I just a bit disappointed I wasn't getting to taste all the swappers beers.
Anyhow not to worry Yob just complemented the short fall when I picked up a Pilney dry hop kit from him.

I'm spuing I didn't leave another cube for the 2nd runnings.

Damn.

6. Idzy - Galaxy PA

Nice aroma, hazy either cloudy or chill haze from proteins in suspension, quite bitter, nice mouthfeel although, citrus characteristics; passionfruit/orange.. Overall an OK beer..

1. RelaxedBrewer- Amarillo Wheat (American Wheat) Labelled "AW" with yellow sticker.

From what I remember, was a very nice brew.. Nice and clear, crisp ..a pleasure to drink.. looking forward to another bottle tonight..

Back