2013 Melb Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't get the aroma I was chasing in the weizen keg I'm bringing, I'll let you fellas be the judge of that.

Unfortunately I'm pretty crook but will be there with broken bell. Are swapping 1 or 2 bottles?

Damn said:
Unfortunately I'm pretty crook but will be there with broken bell. Are swapping 1 or 2 bottles?
I'm up for 2… each

Keen? ...As if all those lotto bottles aren't going to be enough for him....

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

GrumpyPaul said:
Keen? ...As if all those lotto bottles aren't going to be enough for him....

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk
My precious.. the beer bottles.. my precious .. Give them to me .. give them all to me.. Woo hahahaha….. obviously Ive had tooooo many tonight.. happy about the grain in my shed and my brew rig finally working.. Celebrate good times woohoooo...

Midnight Brew said:
Didn't get the aroma I was chasing in the weizen keg I'm bringing, I'll let you fellas be the judge of that.
Although I'm not 100% happy with the weizen I have just tasted a sample of my swap beer. Its a tad immature but it laces the glass nicely, has great colour, aroma and flavour. Stoked with this little ale fellas.

Someone is coming in advance with the grain meaning we will need others? I'll pack mine just in case I think..

Idzy, have you got a print out of the scaled up recipe with all additions?

I have the 35 kg scales I will bring. I also did the recipe up in beersmith. I changed it a little as my columbus hops are 16.5% so I changed that from 15. I also couldnt find the belgian caramel pils in my igrediens list. So added it as carapils. But it is not super tuned as I wasnt sure of equipment etc.View attachment Case Swap Pliny.bsmx

Boys I just got home after a massive day and a Christmas party. Have all the ingredients for lunch tomorrow so I'm about to get cracking. My scales are also 5kg ones, but with both that will be a bit better. I haven't managed to get everything organised that I had hoped, but hopefully I will be able to send my brother on some errands tomorrow.

I don't have a print out of the recipe. Am I printing djar007's one?

When we talk about case swap bottles, does a bottle = longneck? So 2 bottles is 4 stubbies?

Usually it is longnecks. I can print and bring the recipe idzy. No drama there.

Just about to head over to G and G. I have packed all I think I can. I am bringing my mill and drill in case its needed. And a few other bits and bobs. See you guys soon. Regards Dave.

edit: adding to post instead of doublie posting.

Anyone still on the way would you be able to pick up some ice please. That would be awesome if you could.

Sorry guys it doesnt look like I am going to make it...

Been feeling crook all day, dont think i wanna share what i got with you guys.

Spewing (in more ways than one) cause you guys are literally just around the corner.

Have a great day/night. Photos please....or it didnt happen

Grainer, I will post your lotto bottle to you.

Epic... so much Pliny!! We ended up doing a Parti Gyle so all up I think we brewed 240l or there abouts.. pretty sweet.. second case swap in a row we have needed a 44 gal drum to boil in :ph34r:

3.JPG

1.JPG

Just a rediculous amount of hopping going on

2.JPG

First batch, we then got another 100l of runnings at about 1045 or some such gravity.. cant recall what the Elder came out at.. things got a little fuzzy toward the end there :lol:

Thanks to Idzy for hosting at the palatial estate and fro every one else making it another great swap :beerbang:

Yob said:
Epic... so much Pliny!! We ended up doing a Parti Gyle so all up I think we brewed 240l or there abouts.. pretty sweet.. second case swap in a row we have needed a 44 gal drum to boil in :ph34r:

attachicon.gif
3.JPG

attachicon.gif
1.JPG

Just a rediculous amount of hopping going on

attachicon.gif
2.JPG

First batch, we then got another 100l of runnings at about 1045 or some such gravity.. cant recall what the Elder came out at.. things got a little fuzzy toward the end there :lol:

Thanks to Idzy for hosting at the palatial estate and fro every one else making it another great swap :beerbang:
So Yob,

Which post are the final hop additions in???? Can you repost them

Latest posts

Back