2013 Melb Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I chucked the recipe in some brew software and got the amounts needed for 120L

FERMENTABLES:
37.9 kg - American - Pale Ale (87.2%)
1.71 kg - American - Caramel / Crystal 40L (3.9%)
1.71 kg - Belgian - Caramel Pils (3.9%)
2.14 kg - Corn Sugar - Dextrose (4.9%)

HOPS:
625.26 g - Columbus, Type: Pellet, AA: 15, Use: Boil for 90 min, IBU: 171.37
132.64 g - Columbus, Type: Pellet, AA: 15, Use: Boil for 45 min, IBU: 31.2
176.84 g - Simcoe, Type: Pellet, AA: 12.7, Use: Boil for 30 min, IBU: 29.48
176.84 g - Centennial, Type: Pellet, AA: 10, Use: Boil for 0 min
448.42 g - Simcoe, Type: Pellet, AA: 12.7, Use: Boil for 0 min

Slightly more than the original amounts from Yob.

Is the plan for everyone to bring their own yeast and chill?

Or we can adjust for no chill.

My yeast wont be ready so Id be keen to cube off the top, cubes for those that go that way can always be taken first and the rest chilled.

:icon_cheers:

ed: unless I get a starter spinning today :icon_drunk:

So.. the batch I was brewing looks like it wont be ready, still a few points to drop.. blah blah.. spewing..

So the old backup keg in the fridge, pull it out and Ive keg hopped it with..

.75g/l Ahtanum
.75g/l Citra
.75g/l Au Cascade
.75g/l Amarillo

will pull it out on Friday night depending on how much it rips my face off :lol:

Got me to thinking, do we need to bring Party setups? Is there a Kegerator on site? Glasses? (ill bring me old faithful tankard) etc.. etc..

Anything else we need to bring to make it a smoother day and take the pressure off the Host/SWMBO?

:kooi:

If a "Party setup" is required, I've got a twin-feed magic box (ie. two kegs run through the one plate chiller, two taps etc.) that you guys are welcome to use, but I'll need some warning to give it a proper clean.

Sorry for my absence guys, it has been a crazy week. Just reading through the thread now.

If anyone needs to confirm anything my details are:
Adam - 0418 383 307

I will be organising to have as much refrigeration / eskies / ice as possible. Doesn't look like the weather is going to be that great, but oh well.

I only have equipment to fill kegs at this point, but not to drink them. Filled my first one up last week. Anyways, keg king have been out of stock of kegerators, but I am going to buy a couple of them when I get a chance, hopefully before Saturday.

I will be organising burgers and stuff for lunch. I figure we can do a pizza run for dinner or something.

The main things I won't necessarily have are:
Big scales for grain, I only have kitchen scales. Which should be fine for measuring in lots.
Kegerator type stuff. Please bring party setup if you have.
Mill. I do have one, but it is not mounted yet, was on back order, just arrived.

Please let me know if you guys need me to organise anything! :)

Swappers
1. RelaxedBrewer- 20L cube
2. Damn - 17L cube
3. Grainer - wheat - plus 20L cube
4. Midnight Brew - Bottles will have #17 on them, only got 13 of these assuming its not 2 bottles we're swapping.
5. Grainer - Depending upon numbers either a Honey Ginger Beer or a Ginger Beer
6. Idzy - Galaxy PA - 20L cube

Non Swappers
1. Yob - 20L cube
2. Technobabble66 - 2 x 10L cubes
3. Djar007

Attending
1. GrumpyPaul
2. MartinOC

Unconfirmed
Lmccrone

Total litres: 117L

Equipment:
relaxedbrewer :
110-120litre system(massive thanks)
idzy:
50litres system
BBQ, food, etc.

Damn:
MaltMuncher

Yob:
HEX
Mill
Tent
Party Setup

djar007:
100 litre HLT
HOPS from Grainer

Grainer:
Tent
Idzy's BB Malt

MartinOC:
Party Setup

Recipe:
http://aussiehomebrewer.com/uploads/monthly_11_2013/post-13525-0-64841800-1383441825.jpg

My kettle won't be required mate, will bring party setup and keg charger / bulbs and anything else that may come in handy or useful I can think of..

PM out addie details to those listed above so they can plan trip Times etc.. Looking forward to it

Cheers

Just sent everyone a PM. If anyone didn't get it and needs my address / details, please let me know

Culture on the go.. Only problem is that my Fermentation fridge is not up and running :( anyone want to volunteer to ferment out my cube??? … my electrician didn't get it running in time with the STC (I have no clue how to set it up :blink: ) .. Well at least my brew rig is functional as of today..only problem is I found a craft in one of the tanks.. that the welders created ..have to take it back and get it fixed now

Haven't got much ..all I have is the 2x STC atm.. What will I need..I can buy it tomorrow...

Something to mount them in, connectors, power cords and plugs, a drill, dremmel type tools are handy.. Screw drivers (small) pliers.. Umm.. Cable ties.. Umm.. Maybe ask idzy about the shed and tools on site?

Cool martinOC will help also .. good other project for the day :)

Thanks guys :)

I can bring a dremel tool if needed. And a drill. In fact I have all that gear laying around I am happy to bring it along. . And if you wanted me to ferment out your brew I have a big fermenter fridge. But I am on the other side of town.

Regards Dave.

edit: If that is too hard I have a couple of spare keg king temp controllers I could lend you for a bit.
edit2: I have been so busy lately I have just noticed I have not added a cube to the list for me. Rookie error. Anyway to add a 17 litre cube to the batch. I have enough columbus hops and can bring the extra pale malt. If it is too hard then I can live without a cube.

Grainer mate if it doesn't work out for you on the day I've got plenty of room in my fermenting fridge to ferment your cube. You're picking up my grain for me so I can grab your cube when I get that if you like.

Just let me know.

My brother will be around tomorrow. He is a sparky and will be hopefully setting up mine too :)

Latest posts

Back