2013 Melb Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Final.JPG

;)

Who gave me the double chic stout last night???

Not sure, but I wanted to find out if there were spares as part of the swap. It appears we may be a few bottles short on Damn's case. It was the yellow crate, I have put some in there from mine, but it appears that the beer was taken out for the divide, but not put back in! :unsure:

I wasn't around when it was happening because i was running my system, but we noticed this morning when packing up.

idzy said:
Not sure, but I wanted to find out if there were spares as part of the swap. It appears we may be a few bottles short on Damn's case. It was the yellow crate, I have put some in there from mine, but it appears that the beer was taken out for the divide, but not put back in! :unsure:

I wasn't around when it was happening because i was running my system, but we noticed this morning when packing up.
DOH.. we thought we got everyone…..what was left over??.. pretty sure everyone only got 1 longneck????(at least I did)

Who gave me the stout at the case swap for the lotto?

Who gave me the double choc stout last night???
That was me. It was my "thanks for organizing the grain BB", since I didn't have anything of my own to give you.

Is someone missing a gas burner?

Also, is one of you more organised people going to start a tasting thread like the QLD'ers? I don't even know who's beer I got, LOL

Great day guys!! Had a ball.

Whoops that burner would be mine.. its a miracle that I did not leave more stuff.

Some pics

Lots and lots of Hops
2013-12-14 15.45.32.jpg
2013-12-14 17.03.17.jpg

Whirlpool time
pic3.jpg

25L of hop trub
pic4.jpg

Thanks for hosting Adam, was a great day to be part of. Can't believe how well the brew day went with those epic hop additions, the party gyle and the pool was made good use of for chilling.

Also thanks to John for the BB.

Should we start making a list of when to drink?

Swappers
1. RelaxedBrewer-
2. Damn -
3. Midnight Brew - Bottles will have #17 on the. Little Red Ale. Drink between Xmas and New Years Day
4. Grainer - Depending upon numbers either a Honey Ginger Beer or a Ginger Beer
5. Idzy - Galaxy PA

1. RelaxedBrewer-
2. Damn -
3. (wHEAT)- NOT LABELLED ( GOT TOP WITH EMBLEM) Drink NOW!!
4. Midnight Brew - Bottles will have #17 on the. Little Red Ale. Drink between Xmas and New Years Day
5. Grainer - Depending upon numbers either a Honey Ginger Beer or a Ginger Beer - Drink tomorrow....nahh stuff it .. drink it now
6. Idzy - Galaxy PA

Thanks again to Adam for hosting (& putting up with me the next day!). I think he was somewhat overwhelmed with the amount of information/advice & myriad ideas that sprung-up on the day (Me: I think we should start the cleanup. Let's drain the mash tuns. Yob: Hey! There's still plenty left in these grains - let's do a Parti-gyle & see what happens!).

Love the piccie of "Yob goes crazy-ape-bonkers with his drill & spoon" :lol:

an extra 100lt boil for our trouble too, i reckon thatll be one tasty beer :super:

Dry hop schedule for the Elder is as follows (from post 66 in this thread)

28 Columbus 14 days
28 Simcoe 14 days
28 Centennial 14 days
7 Columbus 5 days (remaining)
7 Simcoe 5 days (remaining)
7 Centennial 5 days (remaining)

Now we know where the Centennial shortage is coming from.

Looks awesome, guys.

Hey Idzy,
Thanks a truckload for hosting.
It was a brilliant space for setting up the brewing equipment, & for us to hang out & chat/eat/drink. And pool chillin is definitely the way to go
I had a fantastic time & the burgers were great!
The brewing process went amazingly smoothly - not a single stuck sparge! Though I can't believe you sneaks waited until I'd left with my 20L of Pliny the Bitter *******, then brewed the tasty batch with the spent/remaining grain.
Well played, sirs, well played.
Oh, and so far my hand hasn't blistered that much :) ... A brew day filled with all the regular shenanigans.
Thanks again!

1. RelaxedBrewer- Amarillo Wheat (American Wheat) Labelled "AW" with yellow sticker. Drinkable now
2. Damn -
4. Midnight Brew - Bottles will have #17 on the. Little Red Ale. Drink between Xmas and New Years Day
5. Grainer - Depending upon numbers either a Honey Ginger Beer or a Ginger Beer - Drink tomorrow....nahh stuff it .. drink it now
6. Idzy - Galaxy PA

1. RelaxedBrewer- Amarillo Wheat (American Wheat) Labelled "AW" with yellow sticker. Drinkable now
2. Damn - LCPA good now, 2 weeks would be perfect or if you got the SNAPA#5 drink now.
6. Idzy - Galaxy PA

Does anyone know the starting gravity of our Piney? Mine is already fermenting and I can't remember what it was.
I remember the beer from the second runnings were OG of 43-44.

Latest posts

Back