2008 Sa Xmas In July Case Swap - Tastings/recipes

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the recipe mickoz, i'll have to give it a bash at some stage :D

well, it's ******* freezing ATM, so i decided to crack open the last of my case swap brews, which happened to be choppadoo's stout. after a little bit of excitement, followed by some cleaning, then pouring and innoculating a couple of slants. i actually got around to trying it and it's really quite a nice drop. despite its' sweet-heaviness, it's very easy to drink - well done! :D

Oh yeah everyone... had one of my Belgians tonight... it is ready! Finally.... just about in time for Christmas :eek:

Did you have mine already Mike? How was it?

Oh yeah everyone... had one of my Belgians tonight... it is ready! Finally.... just about in time for Christmas :eek:

sweet and very heavy from memory... was ok, but i'm not really the person to ask about Belgians, still haven't acquired a proper taste for them yet :p

Thanks guys :) I'm humbled by your kind words.

Recipe is here View attachment 21118 in Beersmith format.

Regards

Mick

Well its six months since the 08 July case swap. I have only just cracked the Rocket Fuel, it reminds me of one of those big arse Samuel Adams beer I had at a BBC meeting 12 months ago. As in some previous posts I also find it is a f****ing big beer. Poured what I would call very dirty but after about 10mins it cleared to a very nice copper colour. I have now been sitting on it for near on a 1/2 hour and it is even better. Head retention is superb. By no means a session beer. I have had a couple jars earlier tonight and this one has put me on my a**e! I managed to score two bottles. Will take the other away this long week-end. :wacko: Once again, great beer.

BTW Mick, what is jaggery palm sugar???

BYB

I also still have one of yours kicking around in the cellar. But it will take a lot of topping to beat Mickoz

BYB

Latest posts

Back