2011 Close-enough-to-get-to-adelaide Autumn Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to Josh & Nat - well done on a great night... credit for the party/rave lighting to Nev :ph34r:

Hatchy - I logged in to start the winter thread and find you've risen from what can only be described as a nuclear-fallout-resistant slumber. The photos will explain a lot more. We were going to cover you from head-to-toe in apostrophes, but thought you'd enjoy a few exclamation marks thrown at you instead :unsure:

Cheers to all the swappers - I'm looking forward to all these beers! Mine should be ready to drink now, but since it was bottled Friday (CPBF) it probably wouldn't hurt to give it a week or two to mature.

All the best for the winter swap - I'll be a first-time-dad around that time, so I'm sure my plate will be full. I'll try to send a case along anyway.

Outstanding night. Sensory overload. My taste buds were fcuked in the first hour from all the hoppy goodness.

Jayse's DIPA was unbelievable. Congrats also to Keiren. Your Sandwich entry was really really nice ;)

Thanks Josh and Nat for letting us come into your home and throw darts at Hatchy's arse party on. Was also good to faces to names of all the ppls.

All I have left to add is, "anti-hangover" Lynx is a sham...! Its not helping one little bit <_<

Nev

Thanks Josh, great night. Hatchy, you are a solid sleeper. Some good photos that will go up later once the puter is on.
@DrS I have your stash, I think I am driving through on Tuesday.
Tom, thanks for the taxi ride home, I am you one.
I have got over my hangover, now on my second bottle of wine.

Id like to thank you all for all being such great people and making awsome beer for me to drink! :)
Hatchy you are a MACHINE! Sorry i could not say hello this morning....i had my head stuck in the toilet, i think i drank to much! One of the worst hangovers i ever had!
My swap beer is ready to drink, but another week or so would not hurt.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Firstly, I would like to thank our gracious hosts Josh and Natalie again for
providing the venue and great hospitality for another great case swap - I
hope you have enjoyed the get together as much as everyone else have
and the second part to be enjoyed at your leisure.

I cracked open one of my swap beer (#6 Belgian Blonde) yesterday before
the swap and I think it's carbed up enough to drink now - it seemed alright
to me.

I've also added myself to the swap list for the winter swap HERE (thinking it
should have been titled "S.A. 2011 Winter Swap Better Not Fall Asleep Again"
- what do you think Hatchy?)

I'll add some notes about a side swap again in case the number of interested
swappers does get more than what the main list can cover.

I look forward to people's taste notes on the swapped beers and I'm thinking
of collating people's notes once they've been posted on this (or a separate
tasting thread?) in the article.

T.

Sorry I didn't get there on the day guys... touring the Barossa with the intention of using the spittoons didn't go as well as expected.

Don't believe anything QB may have told you about wusiness or manliness ;)

At least my beer got there. It's number 20 and it could probably do with another week in the bottle at room temp. I cracked one today that I put in the fridge on Wednesday and it's not quite fully carbed yet.

Looking forward to getting stuck into my swap beers.

Can we organise the winter meet asap so I can book some time off...

Or how about a mid-autumn meet >:)

Absolutely spewing I couldnt make this one :(

The winter swap article is here.

I feel terrible but at least it looks like Josh's gnome & dart board had a good night. I'll be having a proper sleep the night before the next swap.

At least my beer got there. It's number 20 ...
Huh? I thought those were for me to drink :chug:

You can come pick up your swap-batch sometime - bring crates. Oh, and anyone else that thinks a single cardboard box is a good idea for a case of longnecks... it isn't.

Hatchy - those are the early photos... wait 'till you realise that your eyebrows are just drawn on.

...Oh, and anyone else that thinks a single cardboard box is a good idea for a case of longnecks... it isn't.

RK gold there I think. Probably a good thing a few brewers pulled out, so it was only 20 ish bottle to lift...

Thanks Assie Josh for hosting.

Had a great night met some even better people!

Cheers.

Big cheers to Josh and Natalie for hosting. Was a great day/night.

Had some great beers and met some great people. Looking forward to next one.

Awesome 2IPA from jayse, too.

2, 1kg bags of un cracked grain left at mine.....I have put them aside for the owner to come and collect whenever they can.

2, 1kg bags of un cracked grain left at mine.....I have put them aside for the owner to come and collect whenever they can.

Bairds (i think) Caramalt for one lucky brewer. Consider them a gift mate! I have a stack of it atm.

RK gold there I think. Probably a good thing a few brewers pulled out, so it was only 20 ish bottle to lift...

25 bottles in a single cardboard box that had been left the the weather...I think I would have fallen before the box gave out. I need some milk crates for these swaps.

Top day guys, top beer and top company. cheers to the hosts.

Now is there a tasting thread up yet with the list of beers on offer? Mine is a Brown ale with homegrown PoR, Flinders and Victoria.

Cheers for hosting josh and mrs josh. Sorry for putting blood on your driveway.

Because Awesome Fury couldn't make it I thought that I would take a picture of him along so that he could be there in spirit. Here are some photos.

swap.jpg
AF helping with the swapping

rope.jpg
Andrew Denton showing AF his rope

glass_hop.jpg
I didn't think that kierens beer was hoppy enough sp i glass hopped this one for ya mate.

hatchy.jpg
Getting down with hatchy

group.jpeg
group shot

Latest posts

Back