2011 Close-enough-to-get-to-adelaide Autumn Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hahaha. looked like fun guys, definately in next time!

awesome effort Hatchy!!

see you guys next swap!

Thanks Josh and Natalie for your hospitality!

Look forward to the next one.

Cheers
Phil

Start one if you want. I'm pretty sure there isn't one yet.

mine is ready to drink - number 8. It is quite carbonated - it won't jump out of the bottle, but will jump out of the glass if you pour it very vigorously.

Mine also needs to be poured carefully.

Phil & I had a chat yesterday about bottle conditioning & have decided that we're both going to be doing more of it until we get it right. I've got a suspicion that kegging has meant that we haven't paid enough attention to making sure our beer is finished before bottling.

How often do these things happen? I should be up in Adelaide soon for uni, I'm applying for mid-year entry. It'd be great if there was a Spring/ Summer event.

How often do these things happen? I should be up in Adelaide soon for uni, I'm applying for mid-year entry. It'd be great if there was a Spring/ Summer event.

Currently they are happening about once a quarter (planning for winter has already started here). I'd say there's a good chance of a spring/summer swap. In the past there has always been one around Christmas time.

Yes indeed, generally we have one every 6 months, however with the number of new brewers in SA keen to brew, we are looking at averaging one every 3 months.

Fifey, are you on the BA forum yet? There is a linky in my sig. :icon_cheers:

Definitely get on the Brew Adelaide forums Fifey...

Winter swap is in the midst of planning and there is a few spots left mate. Spring/Summer is still a bit away, but I have put an early hand up to host the spring or summer swap. North-East Suburbs again??

I reckon I'll get on them once I'm close to getting up there. Applying for uni next week, if the job hunting continues as well as it has been I'll only be up there at the start of Uni at the end of July. :angry:

Might also make some VTAC applications. I don't know. Ballarat's got some good brewing related undergraduate modules that are quite tempting.

Might also make some VTAC applications. I don't know. Ballarat's got some good brewing related undergraduate modules that are quite tempting.

Those brewing courses look great - until I remembered that Ballarat is in Victoria - shudder.

Move to Adelaide (west side) and study externally. Only way to really do those courses in Victora...

Latest posts

Back