VIC-Xmas 2016 Case-Swap Recipe (Cocko's place)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of interest, where was the Westy XII recipe sourced? I had one the other night and it was hands down the greatest beer I have had. Liquid velvet of the God's (or at least St Sixtus).

Sourced from CSI (Candi Syrup Inc.)
There will likely be a few (minor?) changes - namely from the supply of hops, and the Dingemanns PA malt has been swapped for Weyermann (again, due to supply constraint).

Probably a timely reminder - everyone needs to sort out their own Hall Mitt & Styrians for cube-hopping (or Argon method re-boil), or whatever else they're planning to put into their cube.

technobabble66 said:
Sourced from CSI (Candi Syrup Inc.)
There will likely be a few (minor?) changes - namely from the supply of hops, and the Dingemanns PA malt has been swapped for Weyermann (again, due to supply constraint).

Probably a timely reminder - everyone needs to sort out their own Hall Mitt & Styrians for cube-hopping (or Argon method re-boil), or whatever else they're planning to put into their cube.
How much of each does the recipe recommend?

And can hop deals make up little care packages? :)

Looks to be 30g per 20L cube

HOPS:
Description weight (oz) a/a % Duration (min)
Hallertau Mittelfrueh 30g 5.0% 30min - Needs to be adjusted for cube
Styrian Goldings 30g 5.0% 15min - Needs to be adjusted for cube

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Looks to be 30g per 20L cube

HOPS:
Description weight (oz) a/a % Duration (min)
Hallertau Mittelfrueh 30g 5.0% 30min - Needs to be adjusted for cube
Styrian Goldings 30g 5.0% 15min - Needs to be adjusted for cube
This.
However my AA% for these is different - ~3% for HM & ~5.2% for Styrians.
My version of the recipe on my spreadsheet works out to be 40g of each into the cube (my hops are 2014).
So you need to tweak it slightly depending on the AA% of whatever year of hops your using.

I notice Yob's (2015) Styrians are ~3%, so if the HM you source or whatever you use is ~5%, the amounts should be the same.

Keep in mind whatever you use, it's meant to age for 1 year, (or more) so the hops should fade slightly.

technobabble66 said:
Keep in mind whatever you use, it's meant to age for 1 year, (or more) so the hops should fade slightly.

Geesus. That's gonna be a struggle...

I think there is plenty of SG if it's needed/wanted, can do better than listed price, need to check on HM though, I suspect there isn't much in the freezer but can probably source some

Yob,
I'd be happy for you to source/supply hops for this but as always it comes down to how many want to get on board. I have goldings and I have Hallertua but not the right variants. I'm in if we can get a croud, pain in the bum to chase those down where I live as you prolly know.

thanks for the offer, and hope we can get some on board.

Yeah I don't have styrians. Was going to use willamette instead but if you can get me some it would be unreal Yob.

I have some Hop Dealz Styrians. Unfortunately the pack is dated 2012 or thereabouts.

I better grab some too.

Back