Queensland Xmas Swap 2010 @ the BatCave

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTF has happened to the Ipswich connection. Poor showing fellas. If its the travel your worried about contact Ross. With his 700% mark ups he'll be able to pick you up in his gold plated Hummer...................................Whats that, Ross isn't coming either........fckin sad sad. :eek: :ph34r:

Their loss not ours Brad
and now in my capicity as an ahem, cough, cough,
I would like to remind all swappers to add one extra bottle to their case as this will make things far easier for the poor bastards (Andrew & myself) charged with sorting out the swap bottles. Also, please also remember to put your swap number on each bottle cap with a black felt pen.
As you may or may not have noticed, my animations are working again at long last.

TP

Their loss not ours Brad
and now in my capicity as an ahem, cough, cough,
I would like to remind all swappers to add one extra bottle to their case as this will make things far easier for the poor bastards (Andrew & myself) charged with sorting out the swap bottles. Also, please also remember to put your swap number on each bottle cap with a black felt pen.
As you may or may not have noticed, my animations are working again at long last.

TP

Swappers are down to 22 now and I don't know if I'm able to squeeze too many more bottles than that out of my keg.
I will do my best all the same Pete.

Batz

Swappers are down to 22 now and I don't know if I'm able to squeeze too many more bottles than that out of my keg.
I will do my best all the same Pete.

Batz

I think that this should be taken into consideration for all future swaps Batz. It would only mean a slightly larger kettle volume. If you haven't brewed already & want to keg to use your CPBF add a extra bottle using natural carbonation. Too easy!
Was standard procedure once upon a time.

TP

This has, in theory, been standard procedure for a while now.
The trick is that it isn't an extra bottle though, just that you need as many bottles as there are swappers.
This makes sorting easier.
You end up with one of yours back is all...

Am happy to help you guys with sorting out the bottles, was too slow to raise my hand last night. I have a way in mind to make this an easy and quick task, so we can all spend more time on the important things.
Anyway, I bottled enough to bring a few extras.

Florian

I think that this should be taken into consideration for all future swaps Batz. It would only mean a slightly larger kettle volume. If you haven't brewed already & want to keg to use your CPBF add a extra bottle using natural carbonation. Too easy!
Was standard procedure once upon a time.

TP

As this was brewed back in June for an October, Oktoberfest Pete, it was not a swap consideration.

Batz

This has, in theory, been standard procedure for a while now.
The trick is that it isn't an extra bottle though, just that you need as many bottles as there are swappers. This makes sorting easier. You end up with one of yours back is all...

I stand corrected Ben. It's been quite a while since I was involved in a swap.

tP

my batchs are always around 23 -24 litrs so extra bottle shouldn't be a problem.
If your in a bit of trouble with the extra bottle why not throw the swap officials a botttle of something else that's good.

but with uncle chappos recent form it might not be needed :ph34r:

I stand corrected Ben. It's been quite a while since I was involved in a swap.

tP
All good Pete.
It really does make the process a bit smoother...

Of course people drop out at the last minute and not every remembers to take out their bottle so the whole confusion begins again on swap day :)

Update - Brewed my contribution last night

Those in the swap
1. TidalPete .... Yellow Peril CIPA.
2. BribieG - Munich Helles I tell you - yes I'll take that tiger by the tail
3. Scruffy. ...Scruffy is going to make his normal brew, so keg of 9% hop syrup.
4. Bradsbrew - Jamaican Rummy Oak Oatmeal Stout
5. scoundrel_rogue - Punk in Drublic strong Xmas Cider
6. Batz - Oktoberfest Lagerboy
7. DKS - Alt
8. Thomas J. Dortmund-ish (13.5% rye, lager)
9. Winkle - Tin Tin Dark Belgian Strong ~ 9%, ho, ho f*cking hos.
10. Stillscottish - Hopfen-Weisse. Strong and green, like well-formed snot.
11. geoff_tewierik - Might continue down the Doppelbock path, this one will have age on it.
12. Nick B - Probably a Pils....Maybe
13. Snow - Imperial Belgian coffee oatmeal chocolate vanilla acerola labrador piss.
14.Lilo - Something Beery methinks
15. Daemon - Cotton socks + Krausen from NickB's batch + trub from DKS's batch, brewed at 35C
16. Shed101 - Three Threads Empfangschef
17. Screwtop - Cranky old Cnut Bitter
18.Savy - Something Battered fermented
19.Clean Brewer - Fermented Semen of Incider
20. InCider - Sock Tucking Cork Sorking Cider. Sans lactose - don't want to make Snow any more sick in the morning.
21. Florian - Dortmunder Export
22. Chappo - XXXX Bitter Clone

Reserve swap list.

Those Attending but not part of the swap
1. Batz ???????
2. AndrewQld
3. QldKev

Food & Drinks
Winkle - pizzas? and a keg of something - probably Flying Pig Bitter
NickB - Pizzas + Chilli Con Carne - keg of something, and self respect (to be left afterward)
TidalPete - Keg of whatever's on hand
Scoundrel_rogue - pizza, sea scollops to share, keg of something(???)
Batz - Julie's famous Vindaloo and a couple of pizzas
Screwy - Keg of something plus WHO PUT MY ******* GOAT CURRY IN BREAKFAST FOOD
Chappo - Goat Spoof Curry, Keg of beery stuff
_wallace_ - honey & soy chicken wings
jayandcath - small packet of salt and vineger crips
Scruffy, an almighty curry... good luck folks!
Shed101 - Barley-based chaos
AndrewQLD - Mixed berry baked cheesecake with a Raspberry Coulis
QldKev - not sure yet, any ideas on what is needed?
Stillscottish - Mmmm, Pizza!!

Breakfast
Winkle - bacon + mushrooms
NickB - Hash Browns
TidalPete - Lots tomatoes & bread ATM
Batz - I'll see what the chooks come up with.
Chappo - Homemade pork sausages & handjobs. Swallowing extra.
_wallace_ - gonna say tomatoes, but now i will say a tonne of baked beans (by the time they kick in, everyone would have gone home or over stayed thier welcome..... laugh.gif
jayandcath - Hangover and half a bar hanging out of my jarmies (with Woomoo scribbled on it, without the wrinkles it spells Woolloomooloo), and a pair boxing gloves hanging around my neck.
Scruffy - same curry...
Shed101 - Raw oats
Stillscottish - a forken knife

All those attending are to bring a small Xmas pressy, wrapped to place in the Xmas box. The pressy value not to exceed $6.00, later and pissier in the night we will redistribute the gifts.
Oh everyone to wear some small, or large piece of Xmas attire

Those in the swap
3. Scruffy. ...Scruffy is going to make his normal brew, so keg of 9% hop syrup.
7. DKS - Alt
9. Winkle - Tin Tin Dark Belgian Xmas Ale ~ 9%, ho, ho f*cking hos.
11. geoff_tewierik - Might continue down the Doppelbock path, this one will have age on it.
13. Snow - Imperial Belgian coffee oatmeal chocolate vanilla acerola labrador piss.
15. Daemon - Cotton socks + Krausen from NickB's batch + trub from DKS's batch, brewed at 35C
20. InCider - Sock Tucking Cork Sorking Cider. Sans lactose - don't want to make Snow any more sick in the morning.

Just modified mine slightly.
Heres an image of Chappos'.
View attachment 41406

WTF has happened to the Ipswich connection. Poor showing fellas. If its the travel your worried about contact Ross. With his 700% mark ups he'll be able to pick you up in his gold plated Hummer...................................Whats that, Ross isn't coming either........fckin sad sad. :eek: :ph34r:

Hey Brad, i've never said I'm not coming, hope to be there with bells on - as haven't missed an xmas swap yet.
I just don't like pulling out of something I've committed to & with work the way it is at the moment, writing a whole weekend off is pretty difficult - so won't know till much nearer the date.

cheers Ross

Hey Brad, i've never said I'm not coming, hope to be there with bells on - as haven't missed an xmas swap yet.
I just don't like pulling out of something I've committed to & with work the way it is at the moment, writing a whole weekend off is pretty difficult - so won't know till much nearer the date.

cheers Ross

I'll save you a place to camp next to Pete Ross.

No, no don't thank me.

Batz

I'll save you a place to camp next to Pete Ross.

No, no don't thank me.

Batz

Sorry Pete doesn't seem to want that.

nicks_019.jpg

Batz :p

cheers Ross

We hope you can make it Ross, I know Kin Kin is a bit out of the way for a Xmas swap but hell at least we got ourselves one! I did have this thing in November in the hope it would miss the family, work, clubs etc that host their Xmas parties.
I for one realize what work commitments can do to brewing festivities.

The Batcave is ready and waiting !

FD_hillbilly02_batcave.jpg

Just watch out for Jed as you come through town guys.

Batz

Looks like them boys already gotta liking for Bribies' Malt Licker.

He tried to crawl into my bunk in the early AM last time he was at the Batcave but Banjo soon gave him short shift.

TP

Banjo_017.jpg

He has been known to have a sniff here and there.

Batz

writing a whole weekend off is pretty difficult

Oh, I wasn't even gonna stop the engine, just drop off my half-fermented slops, pick up the good shit (i'll chuck the cider out the window in Pomona - gotta be plenty of kids there who'll want it) and GTFU of Dodge... or Kin Kin, rather.

Update - Brewed my contribution last night

Those in the swap
7. DKS - Alt
9. Winkle - Tin Tin Dark Belgian Strong ~ 9%, ho, ho f*cking hos.

Reserve swap list.

Those Attending but not part of the swap
1. Batz ???????
2. AndrewQld
3. QldKev

Food & Drinks
Winkle - pizzas? and a keg of something - probably Flying Pig Bitter
NickB - Pizzas + Chilli Con Carne - keg of something, and self respect (to be left afterward)
TidalPete - Keg of whatever's on hand
Scoundrel_rogue - pizza, sea scollops to share, keg of something(???)
Batz - Julie's famous Vindaloo and a couple of pizzas
Screwy - Keg of something plus WHO PUT MY ******* GOAT CURRY IN BREAKFAST FOOD
Chappo - Goat Spoof Curry, Keg of beery stuff
_wallace_ - honey & soy chicken wings
jayandcath - small packet of salt and vineger crips
Scruffy, an almighty curry... good luck folks!
Shed101 - Barley-based chaos
AndrewQLD - Mixed berry baked cheesecake with a Raspberry Coulis
QldKev - not sure yet, any ideas on what is needed?
Stillscottish - Mmmm, Pizza!!

Breakfast
Winkle - bacon + mushrooms
NickB - Hash Browns
TidalPete - Lots tomatoes & bread ATM
Batz - I'll see what the chooks come up with.
Chappo - Homemade pork sausages & handjobs. Swallowing extra.
_wallace_ - gonna say tomatoes, but now i will say a tonne of baked beans (by the time they kick in, everyone would have gone home or over stayed thier welcome..... laugh.gif
jayandcath - Hangover and half a bar hanging out of my jarmies (with Woomoo scribbled on it, without the wrinkles it spells Woolloomooloo), and a pair boxing gloves hanging around my neck.
Scruffy - same curry...
Shed101 - Raw oats
Stillscottish - a forken knife

All those attending are to bring a small Xmas pressy, wrapped to place in the Xmas box. The pressy value not to exceed $6.00, later and pissier in the night we will redistribute the gifts.
Oh everyone to wear some small, or large piece of Xmas attire

Just an update, I probably wont be able to make it now. Work and Family commitments....(quite pissed off actually, it wouldve been the first time i have been out in a while <_< )

Back