Qld Xmas-in-july Case Swap 2011

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I squeezed my swap beer into bottles for y'all, and unlike last time none of the bottles had holes in ... bonus!
5.6%, four hops, lots of choc.

Had some help from InCider, too.
vinegar.jpg

Squeezed the bottles too, so they should pop out when they're carbed.

By the way, wot's with the Mexican caseswappers, all a bit serious aren't they? http://aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/index.ph...mp;#entry790587

In WA they are a totalitarian dictatorship! :D Read their rules below for the Xmas swap they had...

The rules are:

1) Let n be the number of participants. Let B be the number of beers you contribute.
2) Maximum value of n is currently 25. I reserve the right to change this.
3) B=n. No you dont get a bottle of yours back. We have an extra bottle for stuffups, you would be surprised what a confusing business case sorting is, and it saves me registering a false name to get an extra crate for myself.
4) If we dont get many signups we might make it B=2n. If we get too many signups, we will look at running two swaps in parallel.
5)ALL BEERS TO BE IN PET 750 ml BOTTLES. If you had been there while Tony M washed every piece of linen in his laundry, and when I was digging shards of glass out of my walls, you would completely understand the need for this rule. If you have a really special beer already in glass that you badly want to enter, and you can prove to me that carbonation levels are acceptable, a dispensation may be possible.
6) All beers MUST be labelled. (It looks better in the swap photos!).
7) We make beer, not long discussion threads. We don't care what you are going to make, how you are going to make it, or what snack you might bring. Because I am getting soft in my old age, a certain amount of chatter about the swap will be allowed this year, but blow up animals will be ruthlessly moderated.
8) Think hard before entering. Once you commit, there is NO BACKING OUT. On more than one year, participants ended up buying commercial beer to meet their case obligations. We didnt argue, and we didnt let them off! They got a good deal, gave away commercial beer, received hand crafted beers in return.
9) The case swap will happeno the last weekend of November at my place in Bicton. You either get the beers there before, or arrive on the day. We make a day of it, people bring snacks, and I provide a more substantial meal for those who stick around. People bring beers in addition to their swap ones for general tasting and discussion. I should have a beer engine set up, unless we find that I have only left 2 pints in the bitter keg. We do the swap early and so you have the option to go away with a case of finely crafted beers for Christmas drinking at any time. If you cant make the swap, your case will be available for pickup from my place any time after the event.
10) Post your participation in this thread, by quoting the previous post and adding your name. No proxy entries, post under your own nick or miss out.
11) I really hope the stalwarts of WA homebrewing participate, including our former much celebrated xmas case host.

Looks like we'll be watching a Reds game as well fellas (could somebody please tape this cause I'm sure I won't remember a thing).
Edit: Go reds :icon_chickcheers:
Baabra must have knocked some of them sandgropers back :blink:

Looks like we'll be watching a Reds game as well fellas (could somebody please tape this cause I'm sure I won't remember a thing).
Edit: Go reds :icon_chickcheers:

And the Tour de France... :super:

As I haven't brewed for sometime so I'm afraid I don't have a keg to lug along to the swap this time. I know the Nun of shame is looking.

imagesCALEHEQ8.jpg

Love the tour and "GO THE REDS"
Feckers wouldnt put it on tele last week. Had to watch Gold Coast AFL, FFS.
Should be a great night.
Sick as a dog but Im still comin.
Daz

Winkle whats a good arvo this week to drop my swaps in.

Gone all out this year and putting a label on as well.

FlibbertyPuck_IPA_label.JPG

Well that's a sure sign of a shit beer then ... if the Yellow Peril was anything to go by :lol:

(actually i quite liked the yellow peril)

Well that's a sure sign of a shit beer then ... if the Yellow Peril was anything to go by :lol:

(actually i quite liked the yellow peril)

Holy shit! :eek: Maybe just maybe you've almost cleared yourself there.

when_the_shit_hits_the_fan_3215952.jpg

Can I ask, who was the inspiration for the character on the label?

... that's not a drawing of Batz in his younger days is it.

Ahhh, that could be my last ever post on AHB. :unsure:

Can I ask, who was the inspiration for the character on the label?

... that's not a drawing of Batz in his younger days is it.

Ahhh, that could be my last ever post on AHB. :unsure:

Batz was never that good lookin :lol:

Looks nothing like my pipe at all.

Touch......

Sorry for the ON topic, but just kegged a beer tonight that may very well be my swap beer. Maybe. Perhaps.

Oh, and Batz, you still got that Regulator for me? If so I can bring some $$$ Ca-ching to the swap....

Cheers

Back