Qld Xmas case Swap 2014- 6 Dec

• Thread starter bradsbrew
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok do you want to use my beer engine.
Should I bring my hop rocket for a Randal.
Sav

Bring them! Lots of room in the boot.

I was hoping to give my (modified) home-made Randall a run but alas I have no flowers on hand & anyway I'm taking a Saison so that wouldn't work. :D

What keg are you taking Jamie?

SWAP BEERS ARE TO BE IN 740ml PET PLASTIC BOTTLES ONLY
1. Earle - red wheat saison (swapping but not attending)
2. Beersuit - Bretted Farmhouse IPA
3. Liam_s - beer probably
4. Bradsbrew - Hazelnut Rocky Road Porter
5. lukiferj
6. tazman1967 Brett Saison
7. Parks - Motueka Lager
8. madpierre06 - Biggus Dikkus American Cream Ale
9. Seehuusen - Aussie Summer Saison
10. Winkle - some thing, Bisayan Maputi #2 maybe?
11. Angus - Sarcasm Wit
14. Meno - Twin Galaxy Blonde & Sahara Nirvana Golden Ale - now bottled and set aside.
15. NickB - An IPA, or a Lager, or a Weizen, or a Stout, or maybe a BlackHopfenStoutWeizen fermented as a Lager...
16.hwall95 - Springtime Saison
17.Robv - beer
18.benken25. burn down the barn (rauchbier saison)
20. BPH87 - Schwarzbier (Not attending)
21. Aydos - wouldn't have a bloody clue yet
22. HBHB - 13% abv Russian Imperial Stout hopped to 91IBU with Marynka Polish Hops
23. Ballantyne Brew - malty liquid

Going but not swapping
kegs23
Batz
TidalPete --- Eye of Sauron Rye Saison 6.3% ABV + nibbles of something or other
Florian
Ciderman

Updating my lack of attendance. Would have liked to have made this one but too much other on. Still swapping though.

TidalPete said:
Bring them! Lots of room in the boot.

I was hoping to give my (modified) home-made Randall a run but alas I have no flowers on hand & anyway I'm taking a Saison so that wouldn't work. :D

What keg are you taking Jamie?
Don't no pete maybe roggen bier or alt

3. Liam_s - Schwarzbier
5. lukiferj
7. Parks - Motueka Lager
11. Angus - Sarcasm Wit
14. Meno - Twin Galaxy Blonde & Sahara Nirvana Golden Ale - now bottled and set aside.
15. NickB - An IPA, or a Lager, or a Weizen, or a Stout, or maybe a BlackHopfenStoutWeizen fermented as a Lager...
17.Robv - beer
21. Aydos - wouldn't have a bloody clue yet
22. HBHB - 13% abv Russian Imperial Stout hopped to 91IBU with Marynka Polish Hops

Going but not swapping
kegs23
Batz
Florian
Ciderman

updated swap beer. Some good looking ones on the list (beers too), can't wait!

3. Liam_s - Schwarzbier
5. lukiferj
7. Parks - Motueka Lager
11. Angus - Sarcasm Wit
17.Robv - beer
21. Aydos - an AIPA with 500g of hops.

Going but not swapping
kegs23
Batz
Florian
Ciderman

Updated my swap beer, just bottled them tonight so they will need an extra week after the case swap till they are ready to drink.

For the uninitiated, what is the G-O? rock up with 24 bottles of you HB and share? friendly drink on premises?

Eagleburger said:
For the uninitiated, what is the G-O? rock up with 24 bottles of you HB and share? friendly drink on premises?
If you want to be in the swap, take an empty number, add your name. Then on the day turn up with the same number as bottles as swappers, you will then take home that amount of different beers.
You also bring beers to drink on the day, some bring kegs and some bring bottles.
i think we had 20 odd kegs last swap.

If you dont want to be in the swap, you just bring beers to share on the day.

We all bring snacks to eat and will order pizza later in the arvo. Those that stay over night have a cook up on the bbq in the morning.

Cheers

Yes and no I'd say. I know for myself that I wouldn't want my kids there after a certain time as everyone including myself will be pretty pissed.

But people had their kids there in the past for the first few hours or so, just be sure you have the pickup organised or drop them home/to inlaws/where ever yourself and then come back if we haven't scared you off already.

To be honest though I think you'd enjoy it most if you haven't got them around you, unless they're at a legal drinking age. Refer to comment about inlaws.

Eagleburger said:
sprog friendly? Just had a look and the missus is working.
That would be a parental decision, considering that there is ridiculous beer consumption lots of bad language, blow up sheep, male strippers (if incider turns up, not incider but Tidalpete gets excited when incider is around)

I don't think incider will make it but I've heard sav's gonna be around this year so plenty of action to be expected.

My bottles are well 'ard and a decent yeast deposit at the bottom. Good for drinking straight away I reckon.

Got a few spare bottles so I might put one in the fridge tonight and have a tester tomorrow night.

Ciderman said:
What time does this kick off?
Good question, I'm at work until 5pm but can head over anytime after that, once they unchain me from my oar that is...

Usually early afternoon kickoff/setup, mid afternoon for the actual swapping (before Parks gets too pissed to bottle surf).

To help prevent any mixups within the swapperooine process, is there anyone who can pick my beers up to get 'em there for the mid arvo start as I'll be working until 6. I'm at stafford heights.

Back