Qld Xmas case Swap 2014- 6 Dec

• Thread starter bradsbrew
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't feel bad about the brews, in any case, it'd be interesting to try something new :)
I too have worries of being marked down for not clearing my Saison enough, even though the style guidelines suggests it to be OK...
I do look forward to the comments, good or bad, that's how you learn to better your process and what works/doesn't work.

seehuusen said:
don't feel bad about the brews, in any case, it'd be interesting to try something new :)
I too have worries of being marked down for not clearing my Saison enough, even though the style guidelines suggests it to be OK...
I do look forward to the comments, good or bad, that's how you learn to better your process and what works/doesn't work.
I also can't say I cleared my saison much either so you're not the only one. I gave it a month or two in the fermenter however didn't have room in the fridge to cold crash so it's defintely still cloudy. However I did have saison dupont last friday and I can't say it is a very clear beer so I wouldn't worry about it too much :)

Yeah any comments on mine will be interesting to here considering it's my first ever attempt at a saison and the saison is purely yeast driven - very little malt or hop character desired. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Saisons are meant to be cloudy. :)
Back in the day your Swap beer was supposed to be one of your best tried & proven beers but things seem to have changed somewhat. :ph34r:
Just saying! :p

SWAP BEERS ARE TO BE IN 740ml PET PLASTIC BOTTLES ONLY
1. Earle - red wheat saison
2. Beersuit - Bretted Farmhouse IPA
3. Liam_s - beer probably
4. Bradsbrew - Hazelnut Rocky Road Porter
5. lukiferj
6. tazman1967 Brett Saison
7. Parks - Motueka Lager
8. madpierre06 - Biggus Dikkus American Cream Ale
9. Seehuusen - Aussie Summer Saison
10. Winkle - some thing, Bisayan Maputi #2 maybe?
11. Angus - Sarcasm Wit
14. Meno - Twin Galaxy Blonde & Sahara Nirvana Golden Ale - now bottled and set aside.
15. NickB - An IPA, or a Lager, or a Weizen, or a Stout, or maybe a BlackHopfenStoutWeizen fermented as a Lager...
16.hwall95 - Springtime Saison
17.Robv - beer
18.benken25. burn down the barn (rauchbier saison)
20. BPH87 - Schwarzbier (Not attending)
21. Aydos - wouldn't have a bloody clue yet
22. HBHB - 13% abv Russian Imperial Stout hopped to 91IBU with Marynka Polish Hops
23. Ballantyne Brew - malty liquid[/font][/color]

Going but not swapping
kegs23
Batz
TidalPete --- Eye of Sauron Rye Saison 6.3% ABV + nibbles of something or other
Florian
Ciderman
Updating my contribution keg, etc.

Is it too early to think of brekky contributions Brad?

TidalPete said:
Back in the day your Swap beer was supposed to be one of your best tried & proven beers but things seem to have changed somewhat. :ph34r:
Just saying! :p
That seemed to be something occasionally said but never actually done.

I think the brewing competency is pretty good these days which was certainly on show in the last swap.

TidalPete said:

Are you sending out the address and other important details Brad?

Parks said:
That seemed to be something occasionally said but never actually done.

I think the brewing competency is pretty good these days which was certainly on show in the last swap.
Well the UXB Belgian Pale still hasn't been brewed, if its bottled in time it'll be unfiltered and bottle conditioned as nature intended.

Brett Saison is bottled...
Hydro sample suggest's ..
Appearance is very hazey, aroma is of Brett and barnyard funk, slight hint of grain in the background, not any noticeable hop aroma..
Taste is a mix of saison and Brett, very very dry, as i expected it. Very thin in body..
See how this goes, will update after a sneaky taste before the swap..

Hi guys I am very new to all this, having never brewed anything prior to last Friday's all grain BIAB attempt. I will not have anything to bring but wondering if it would be OK if I dropped in?
I live in Albany Creek so the location is very handy indeed and would be great to meet and learn from others in the area.

I'm sure no-one will have any worries about coming along. I'm bringing my brother along who doesn't brew (yet-mwuh ha ha).
Just bring some commercials along to share as people will bring kegs of homebrew along to share.

I may or may not bring a keg along. Will be kegging for the first time later this month so I will hopefully have a English mild and maybe an APA. Otherwise will bring an assortment of bottles I'll have in stock.

I gave the saison a try tonight an it's tasting nice and was especially easy to drink after work today - probably a bit too easy... Although not much of a saison expert so I'll leave it to you all to judge it.

Edit: Also I'll be bringing a mate of mine that I brew with that isn't on the forums along with me as well.

JUst tipped out of previous job, then tipped into new one where I have a 9am - 6pm shift at Brackenridge on the 6th, so hopefully ya's haven't got too much of a head start. Will have to make sure I have some extra strength ice blocks in the esky for my contribution/partaking beers ( a lager and a Donske Mild Rye replica) which I am also hoping to get some feedback on as they are my first two AG brews. Swap beer will be my third one, brew day yesterday went ok and fermenting nicely. Was a couple weeks behind brew schedule due to 'stuff' that got in the way. ,

I will most likely have to swap my ipa as my smoked wiezen hasn't turned out like I hoped. The ipa has 500g of hops in it so with any luck that one turns out good.

Sorry for the off topic here, just thought it would be a good chance for me to meet up with experienced brewers.
Anyone on the North side keen on an extra pair of hands for a brewday? I am in Albany Creek and just starting out. Please pm me if interested. Thanks,
Rodney

TidalPete said:

Never too early to think about breakfast Pete.

Finally put my swap beer and keg beer into the fermenter this morning.

I'm in brad coming with pete is there room in the swap.
SAV

Back