Qld Christmas 2015 Case Swap TASTING

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
19. Antiphile ipa. Didn't get much of a hiss when i opened the bottle. Subtle hop aroma perfect balance between malt and bitterness just how i like my ipa's if it was carbed properly it would be sensational

Just cracked my swap beer, the bottle was hard and well carbed. Chill and drink when you're ready :) apple wood smoke and pineapples are the main players imo

seehuusen said:
Just cracked my swap beer, the bottle was hard and well carbed. Chill and drink when you're ready :) apple wood smoke and pineapples are the main players imo
Did you say smoke? I am a little wet and excited

Liam_snorkel said:
20. BPH87 - Hefeweizen - (16 December)
Oops sorry Ben, accidentally cracked this early, it's carbonated but not quite up to hefe level so I threw it on the carb cap and gave it a bit more fizz.
Pretty much classic hefe with a slightly sweeter maltiness & a bit of bubblegum on top. Yumbos.
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1449994053.437096.jpg
Thanks mate - I hate ******* Hefeweizen's, but I can assure you that my girlfriend will be super dirty that I fermented that out for the swap.

15. Ciderman esb. Smashed this one quickly. Fairly malty and low carbonation. Really enjoyed it.

Had a sample of mine tonight should be ready when you are, be interested to know what peopke think.
Cheers

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1450171548.234329.jpg

6. Lukiferj - A Gose in the Northern Sky

I decided to drink this one first because the cap looked like it was going to blaze off like a church burning in Norway. Carbonation was high on Cold War and the yeast profile had some sort of influence from Euronymous. A great shredding mouthfeel and good sweeping note of citrus and salt.

Good job. I'll probably make one of these.

Ciderman said:
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1450171548.234329.jpg

6. Lukiferj - A Gose in the Northern Sky

I decided to drink this one first because the cap looked like it was going to blaze off like a church burning in Norway. Carbonation was high on Cold War and the yeast profile had some sort of influence from Euronymous. A great shredding mouthfeel and good sweeping note of citrus and salt.

Good job. I'll probably make one of these.
Ha ha. I'm stealing this review by the way. Cheers man!

As a real Qlder returned from exile and a holder of #24 Madpierre06's cream Ale (top bloke and brewer), I reckon I'm an honorary temporary swap member. :D

Never had a cream Ale before.

Highly attenuated, highly carbonated, very mild fruit esters with balancing bitterness but no hop character of note (though my nose is trying to tell me of a faint whiff of Cascade but the notion disappears before I can convince myself it's there).

Really nice, easy drinking beer. Bitterness is spot on. Feels like it'll finish sweet and fuller in the mouth with a vague fruitiness but doesn't due to balanced bitterness and prickly carbonation , making it really sessionable.

Top work Madpierre06, I could spend an afternoon on these.

Glad you're back LRG. I haven't had that yet but (I think) he contributed a cream ale in the last swap and it was great drinking.

10. antiphile - Extra Pale ESB

Lively pour, fluffy head, slightly hazy* pale amber colour (*probs my bottle handling). Estery & slightly fruity aroma. Some sweet malt, slight caramel & balanced once I let the carbonation settle down. Nice beer, your IPA is up next!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1450264026.559285.jpg

19. antiphile - Jonah Lomu American Style IPA ABV 7.4%-ish

yeah this is pretty juicy. Attractive clear golden-amber colour with a pinch of hop haze, oh that's a good sign. Not getting a huge aroma, but the malt & hop oil juiciness is doing all the right things. This is balanced & dangerously clean tasting considering the ABV. May have squirted some of Yob's gear in at the end :)

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1450266783.048753.jpg

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
As a real Qlder returned from exile and a holder of #24 Madpierre06's cream Ale (top bloke and brewer), I reckon I'm an honorary temporary swap member. :D

Never had a cream Ale before.

Highly attenuated, highly carbonated, very mild fruit esters with balancing bitterness but no hop character of note (though my nose is trying to tell me of a faint whiff of Cascade but the notion disappears before I can convince myself it's there).

Really nice, easy drinking beer. Bitterness is spot on. Feels like it'll finish sweet and fuller in the mouth with a vague fruitiness but doesn't due to balanced bitterness and prickly carbonation , making it really sessionable.

Top work Madpierre06, I could spend an afternoon on these.
Hey LRG, thanks for the feedback. It's an updated version of a previous beer using Gladfields malt where I could, and a combo of Pac. Hallertau/Liberty and Columbus. Having a ayarn with ya the other day and this feedback has helped me tremendously, as I was saying I'm still learning how to put beers together. Glad you enjoyed it mate. This is likely to be the house beer, I'm thinking. It comes up nicely and very easy to drink.

Heads up. No 6 might be slightly over carbed :) so get it in the fridge as soon as you can. My bottles have swollen bigger and harder than... I expected.

lukiferj said:
Heads up. No 6 might be slightly over carbed :) so get it in the fridge as soon as you can. My bottles have swollen bigger and harder than... I expected.
That confirms my next taster.

Latest posts

Back