Qld Christmas 2015 Case Swap TASTING

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Liam's Black Brett saison. Coffee, chocolate and a touch of funk on the nose, looks black as the ace of spades with a nice head (unlike the drongo that brewed it). Big hit of funk on the front end, bit of other dark malt related business as the funk fades out. Not a bad effort at all mate, enjoying it.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1453003313.359233.jpg

No. 19 - Phil's ipa - hop character has faded a bit, probably due to my storage time. Malt character is ******* phenomenal!! Loving this, would make for a great English bitter base!

23 - Ballantyne's Manuka rauch. Not a bad drop, but I got a bit of diacetyl. Also, personal taste but more smoke would be good. Ben has ruined my smoke receptors

Being an obedient little swapper. As per label it is 05/02/2016
Think the cap may have slightly failed. Slightly down on carb.
But the flavours are still rampaging. Nice dark fruit cherry flavours and saison after-zing.
Worth waiting for!!!
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1454673016.731750.jpg

21. Seehuusen - Pineapple Torpedo - Pale Ale w. Wood Roasted Pineapple in secondary

A nice drop, probably left it too long as whatever 'napple was there was barely noticeable, with the woodie portion of the addition taking precedence. having said that, this was no less enjkoyable though. A good solid Pale Ale.

IMG_0227.JPG

18. Dan Barrington - Black Cherry Saison

Lovely beer. As it warmed in the glass more of the saison style came through, a little more tart, and the cherry sat in the back very nicely, for me. A beautiful deep cherry black coloured tinge in the bottom of the glass in the style of the '70 Chevelle.

IMG_0231.JPG

Wow, I can't believe there were still a bottle left out there haha, glad you liked it mate :)

Just cracked into Barro's black cherry saison amidst some quite intense theoretical engine physics calculations. The joys of electives at uni hey?

Bloody corker. I'm always super hesitant on a beer that says it does 3 things but this delivered quite well. I have doubts it would do well at a competition due to the ambiguity of what makes a black saison with cherry, but I thoroughly enjoyed the beer! Solid effort
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1462017053.276216.jpg

Latest posts

Back