Qld Christmas 2015 Case Swap TASTING

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Liam_snorkel said:
Just thought I'd add - my bottle (#3) is probably good to go now. The spares I have at home are hard as fck (& so am I).
3. Liam - Black Brett Saison

Ya talked me into it mate. I'll let one of the qulaified boys give an official rundown on this beer, but for me..... :beerbang: :kooi: :super:

Words fail me. I was a little unsure given I have found that Brett's and I don't mix well. But this thing does it for me in every way. Layers through the aroma that I have been unable to put names to, but a couple are slightly familiar. Same with the beautiful deep black gold liquid. Initial lovely creamy black head which settles to a 5ml head that stays. Very (read, too easy) easy to drink, I love the way for me the saison coming through offsets any nasty Bretts that might be there...although I was told at the swap that there are Bretts which actually taste like something other than my old girlfriend's swamp running joggers.

I'd happily pay good shekels for a carton of this mate, f***en top drop. Failing that....I wouldn't return to sender any copies of the recipe that landed in my spam box B)

#10 antiphiles esb
Really nice mate, hitting the spot after a hot one, cheers

#22 Aydan Galaxy PA. Mate, great beer. Super clean and easy drinking. Heaps of hops and enough maltiness to carry through making it nourish and delicious.

#22 Aydan Galaxy PA. Mate, great beer. Super clean and easy drinking. Heaps of hops and enough maltiness to carry through making it very nourish

16. Parks - Belgian Pale Ale

Really lovely aroma. The sweetness of the special b and yeast plays really well together.

Creamy carbonation improves the malt sweetness and again special b plays its part.

Not sure that my photo does it justice but quite a nice ruby colour to it.

A delightful way to start the weekend off.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1449828130.363336.jpg

So, anyone know what this beer is?

Upload keeps failing. ******* AHB. Bloody Murica. It looks like a 02 - but there is already a #2

6 - Lukifer Gose. Very nice drop mate the coriander and salt really shine through. Very refreshing for a summer day. I need to make one of these now.

#6 Lukifer's gose
Poured with a nice head thats sticking around as I drink it. Really nice balance of tartness with the salt and coriander, could mow through a few of these on a hot day, good job mate

Im picking up a hint of lime too is there any in there or am I imagining things?

Nick b apa. Was alright if your into that sort of thing i guess...... nah mate just joking very nice maybe lacking in aroma a little enjoyed it a lot

luggy said:
#6 Lukifer's gose
Poured with a nice head thats sticking around as I drink it. Really nice balance of tartness with the salt and coriander, could mow through a few of these on a hot day, good job mate

Im picking up a hint of lime too is there any in there or am I imagining things?
No lime or lemon but I kind of get a bit of both at times. Just the acidulated malt playing nicely I reckon.

NickB's apaish thing.

Volcanic carbonation when opening the bottle and first pour.

It may have scrubbed off some aroma cause I'm not getting much.

Taste is bang on though. Good malt flavours and enough hops to make me want to drink a big **** off dirty iipa.

Nice one nick.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1449917903.122653.jpg

Latest posts

Back