Qld Christmas 2015 Case Swap TASTING

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jinx!!! JUst finished this myself, really enjoyed it. For mine, nice and hoppy, lovely fruity aroma. Good drop for a pretty hot arvo.

13. Nick B - APAish thing. (READY)

Not sure what to make of this one. It's a bit astringent with a real white grape / grape-seed like character which reminds me of Nelson Sauvin. I also got some liquorice notes to begin with.

What hops are in it?

Parks said:
13. Nick B - APAish thing. (READY)

Not sure what to make of this one. It's a bit astringent with a real white grape / grape-seed like character which reminds me of Nelson Sauvin. I also got some liquorice notes to begin with.

What hops are in it?
getting into it nice and early Parks? Nothing like a 7:30 eye opener on a wednesday morning :)

Of course, Coodgee, whether we can consider Dr Parks most recent post credible or not, you certainly can't blame someone who has poured a bowl of cornflakes and then discovers there's no milk.

Parks said:
I found a photo of one of the pups filling out the scoresheets...

0ca723a16906a8452aefe9f7eb2ea073.jpg
He said it was a bit ruff!

Sorry its all I got.............................I'll get me coat!

#15 - Ciderman's Best bitter, cracker of a beer, great malt back bone, supporting biscuit, almost toffee flavour.

#22 - Aydos' Galaxy Pale Ale, mate, your ales just keep getting better and better. I really enjoyed this one. Great colour and aroma on the nose, balanced quite nicely on the palate. Only minor thought was that I'd personally have liked a bit more aroma come through in the flavour.

Cheers
Martin

Just thought I'd add - my bottle (#3) is probably good to go now. The spares I have at home are hard as fck (& so am I).

Liam_snorkel said:
Just thought I'd add - my bottle (#3) is probably good to go now. The spares I have at home are hard as fck (& so am I).
Message received, lover. On my way.

Sorry Coodgee. I meant that to be a PM. Sometimes my genitals overrule my brain. My apologies.

Just sayin'....going to a bbq tonight....my balls are cookin' now, and I WON'T forget THESE!!! B) Wash down with a couple SN's.

Had 15. Ciderman Best Bitter while seasoning and rolling my balls, a nice drop mate.

And just noticed Liam is one post shy of 5K. Top effort that. :beerbang:

Having Angus' berliner weisse now, after mowing the lawn on a hot 30+ degree day. I havent had many of these before, but i really enjoy it. The wheat comes through nicely, and is balanced perfectly by the sourness. Im very happy with that level of sour for a refreshing treat, well done!

Cheers,
Martin

Just had fitzlp's bright ale.
Sorry mate it was infected with something, I couldn't drink it. Has a weird sour funk to it but not in a good way

10.antiphile esb. Nice beer slightly spicy hop wise good malt/ toasty character. Keeps the head well

Having nickB's apa now, not bad but its a bit undercarbed and poured with little head. Would like to try it again with proper carbonation it would make it shine.

From memory mine had Columbus, Centennial, and Wai-iti in it - mostly as a hop stand at 70C in the kettle for an hour.

Not sure what happened with clarity either - didn't filter but its hazy as. Has an interesting twang to it imho, not sure what it is.

It was pegged the day before the swap, so I can definitely see it could be under.

X2 unfortunately mate, it was murky as and had a sour twang to it...

luggy said:
Just had fitzlp's bright ale.
Sorry mate it was infected with something, I couldn't drink it. Has a weird sour funk to it but not in a good way

I had to put the swap beers aside for a few days because my driving style means everything gets shaken up a bit. Or a lot. OK, like a mikshake. But I have to say all of the beers on tap over the weekend were just bloody sensational. There's 2 I have to highlight that I just really loved.

One being the farm dam sediment (I think it was called heady topper) that was just sensationally hoppy and very moreish. The other (which surprised me 'cos I couldn't believe someone would be so stupid to do such a moronic thing) was the coffee pilsner. Amazingly good and certainly not a combination I would have ever thought would be drinkable. But it just worked and was truly beautiful.

Well done everyone.

Latest posts

Back