Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a word of warning to others, I ordered some hardware bits and pieces but didn't have enough Citra onhand for a brew this weekend so I thought I'd give the Kegland hops a run. They came very tightly vac sealed BUT the AA% is reported as being anywhere between 10-15%, not real helpful for IBU calculations. I'm not too fussed, would normally get my hops from elsewhere, but for the sake of others I hope that's corrected in the future.

That's a fair point. I will talk to the other guys about this as that is a pretty large range. Not sure why it's labeled like that as we do get the specificatoins for each batch. Thanks for bringing this to our attention though. We will look at giving more accurate specifications on the bags. If you need more informatoin just send us an email and we will send you more specificatoins.

Pink neo is good for getting stains out of tea towels and nappies. ;-)

Sorry, I was referring to just the immersion chiller, not the Robobrew itself - https://www.kegland.com.au/stainles...-bucket-chiller-robobrew-65l-replacement.html

But that's okay, I just noticed that the diameter is bigger than the circumference of my kettle (24cm), I suppose I could re-shape it somehow.. hmmmmm... I'd probably rather throw money at a new fermenter instead..

Thanks for letting us know about that one. We have reduced the weight on that one so the postage cost should be signficantly less now. Sorry about that. I think the dimensions and weights were pretty large in our system so this probably blew out the freight cost a bit.

That's a fair point. I will talk to the other guys about this as that is a pretty large range. Not sure why it's labeled like that as we do get the specificatoins for each batch. Thanks for bringing this to our attention though. We will look at giving more accurate specifications on the bags. If you need more informatoin just send us an email and we will send you more specificatoins.
yeah, I had the same thing with a bag of centennial - 9-11.5% - I just used it as a dry hop as I wasn't going to stuff up my IPA by taking chances with the bitterness

Hey @KegLand-com-au - thanks for acknowledging and addressing the hops and IC issues I noticed, appreciate it!

EDIT: I've also just put together my Blowtie setup and connected to an empty keg pressurised to 8psi, however, the gauge connected to the T-piece says the keg is at about 4psi. It's been holding at that for a few hours but can anyone (*cough* @KegLand-com-au *cough*) explain the discrepancy? When I go to connect this to my keg-ferment I don't feel I can trust the gauge!?
Any chance you could make comment on this, I was hoping to start pressure fermenting on Sunday and now not sure if I should trust the push-in gauge or not..

Alrighty, A bit of KL criticism.

TL;DR: Too much stuff out of stock or misleading on the site in terms of availability. Gets really frustrating when you have a cart full of stuff and the one thing you need to complete the whole package says its in stock on one page but in reality is out of stock on the main product page.

I know this has been mentioned before but the stock notices and levels on the site are killing me. I can see that your using Magento to run the site. Ive used before extensively... Its not that hard to deal with stock levels, just keep it updated.. its an out of the box feature.

Here is my thought train...

1) Going away for New Years and taking two kegs - Got taps, Co2, tube and reg.. Just need something to easily assemble and disassemble lines for liquid + co2.
2) Kegland should be able to help me out.. Best prices in town + some nice new products coming through. Head to site.
3) Will buy some dedicated gas disconnects with MFL thread. - This looks perfect... https://www.kegland.com.au/premium-plastic-ball-lock-disconnect-mfl-grey-gas.html
WELL SHIT! I can add to cart but says in stock 28 Dec 2018.. Do i risk it?? Well which one is it????!!!!! I scrap that as i can use some from my keg fridge in the mean time.

4) Ive heard good things about these Duotight fittings (8mm required)... Need some tee pieces, check valves, MFL to push fit (for my now scrapped disconnect) etc.
5) Head over to the Duotight category.
  • Buy checkvalve? Nup, out of stock. Dam
  • Tee piece? Yes, woohoo! Added to cart.
  • MFL to push fit? Nup, out of stock. Dam
  • A Duotight ball value might be handy.. Nup, out of stock. Dam
6) Get really annoyed at this point, head over to KEG KING!!! Remember that their push fits absolutely suck and so do Keg King so scrap that idea pretty quick.
7) No idea what to do, i can get stainless barbed tees etc.. but my whole point of this was to not be chopping up line and reconnecting to barbs everytime i take kegs to an event.
8) Scrap the cart order and write a rant on AHB.
9) Maybe John Guest fittings from Craft Brewer? I dunno, they any better than the keg king ones!

Sorry for winging... but how is like 80% (probably exaggerating) of stuff on the site out of stock? Or things say In Stock in the nice green text on the catalogue page but then click in to the product to buy and your hit the old switcheroo out of stock message!!!!... How much is a duotight fitting cost to buy? like 10 cents..Buy 5000 of those fuckers if your selling so many! (I know.. Might not be feasible, not trying to tell you how to run your business.. just very frustrating)

Apart from that... Nice to see some good innovation on products... Just wish we could buy them.

TL;DR: Too much stuff out of stock or misleading on the site in terms of availability. Gets really frustrating when you have a cart full of stuff and the one thing you need to complete the whole package says its in stock on one page but in reality is out of stock on the main product page.
...(shortened quote)

Sorry for winging... but how is like 80% (probably exaggerating) of stuff on the site out of stock? Or things say In Stock in the nice green text on the catalogue page but then click in to the product to buy and your hit the old switcheroo out of stock message!!!!... How much is a duotight fitting cost to buy? like 10 cents..Buy 5000 of those fuckers if your selling so many! (I know.. Might not be feasible, not trying to tell you how to run your business.. just very frustrating)

Apart from that... Nice to see some good innovation on products... Just wish we could buy them.

I think the out of stock thing is @KegLand-com-au being more successful than they planned for and not ordering (or being able to order due to limited funds) enough quantities to cover demand.
They will certainly be able to address this over the next few months.

As for the discrepancies on the website I totally agree.
Is it in stock or available from 28 Dec?
One page says in stock but the product page says not.
That is extremely frustrating to say the least.

I'll take my Kegland cap off now and go and brew something in my Guten :fallingoffchair:

If you need more informatoin just send us an email and we will send you more specificatoins.
Okay, so I emailed you blokes about the getting the actual AA% and this was the response "These are the Alpha Acid figures given to us by our suppliers." - so no luck there, I'll just middle-ground it I suppose!

Agree with everything you wrote, except that I went to KK and bought the stuff.

Its pretty piss poor this JIT stock level nonsense.

Your loosing sales and Im spending more $

On a similar note, can we have an updated ETA on the fermentasaurus 2? I'd really love one for xmas but need to let the wife know.

I was also one of those waiting for the elusive fermentasaurus 2, release date has been put back a number of times since the announcement that they would be available.
Got one from Keg King after coming to the conclusion that the fermentasaurus 2 could just be a figment of someones overactive imagination.

Nothing wrong with the John Guest fittings - I get mine from National Home brewing!
And I upgraded my kegerator lines to Valpar Super flexmaster!
I use John Guest lines in my Jockey box.
I tend to use the same supplier (not always the cheapest), based on customer service & honesty & these guys have served me well.
I have sourced items from Kegland, just not everything!
Cheers

Out of stock, pushing back in stock dates a number of times. Just a few more things bought along from Keg King.
Being told when something is going to be in stock in a week and it ends up being 2 months, after being told next week, next week a couple of times along the way is a disgraceful way go about things.
If it was a one off, fair enough, but it happens all the time with both of these companies.
Its just straight out dishonesty.
Unless they are dead sure its going to be a week, tell us it will be 2 months and if it comes sooner, bonus.
Not hard.
Pet peeve. Small rant over.

https://www.kegland.com.au/duotight-8mm-5-16-x-1-4-npt-male-with-seated-o-ring.html

Is the O-ring on the threaded end of these designed to make contact with the regulator body on the regulators you sell?

Or is this so it can be installed in another vessel to use as an outlet/blow off etc?

The thread is too long for my regulator so it's seated tight against the nylon washer? No sure if I can screw in plastic on plastic tight enough without damaging the nut on the duotight.

Leak testing tonight, but interested to know more about the design, and whether it's necessary to be screwed all the way in to the o ring on the threaded end.

Cheers

The entire kegmenter went from 10psi to 0psi in less than 8 hours. ... Fingers crossed, the first ferment will go OK and once done I can investigate more.

The first ferment is not finished yet, but the problem is obvious. There is a pinhole in the kegmenter and one of the welds is leaking enough to have beer oozing out even at 5psi. I'll be contacting KegLand and we'll see how well they handle the issue.

Any updates on when and what cryo hops you guys are going to stock? My ipas have gone to the next level using these as keg hops. Hoping we may eventually get a galaxy variant.

Sorry for having another whinge but the hops I bought pulled up short in weight. I'm brewing right now and I'm meant to be doing an aroma steep of 40g of both citra and amarillo but because both bags were short I can only go 23g and 33g, that's 17g and 7g short respectively in the 100g bags. I'll live to tell the story but you guys need this feedback.

If anything they should be packed slightly over, not this far under. Some improved QA and QC would be good!

Any updates on when and what cryo hops you guys are going to stock? My ipas have gone to the next level using these as keg hops. Hoping we may eventually get a galaxy variant.

What kind of sock/filter do you use for cryo hops in the keg? They're pretty fine!

What kind of sock/filter do you use for cryo hops in the keg? They're pretty fine!
I use one of those fine mesh stainless steel tubes. Chances are I might have drank some hops but it certainly wasn't noticeable if I did. One big dose open pellets in the fermenter and then a closed transfer on top of the cryo keg hops. Finally as good as the commercial hoppy beers.

Latest posts

Back