Full Pint: Brew Supplies

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait for my next order from Full Pint ... just trying to work out a $#%^ing time to pick it up!

Forever Wort said:
Can't wait for my next order from Full Pint ... just trying to work out a $#%^ing time to pick it up!
We can always ship out to you, if that makes it easier :)

Spiesy - there's been all sorts of posts about chuggers running hot and burning out - what are they like and are the issues sorted?

It was the initial batch of 230v that had a thermal switch issue, not just our first Australian shipment but pumps from the states as well... If you read the threads, all has been sorted.

Obviously you are covered by warranty regardless but as with anything, problems in production do happen [and did] but I assure you, we are back in business.

Any one running a Chugger outside that batch will attest to their awesomeness! Not a pitch, just reality.

:super:

lael said:
Spiesy - there's been all sorts of posts about chuggers running hot and burning out - what are they like and are the issues sorted?
As Cocko said, that first production run was some time ago, actually before Full Pint's involvement with the brand. But by all reports anyone who had issues from the first batch was promptly swapped out and more than satisfied.

We wouldn't be continuing with the pumps if those issues hadn't have been rectified.

Smooth sailing from here on in, mate.

I broke my oath of never joining Bookface to enter a competition to win a Chugger. I didn't win. Now I get an endless barrage of notifications for funny cat videos and zoo magazine updates (I'll oblige these) not to mention pics of everyone's ugly kids.
Have I earned a free Chugger yet?

Camo6 said:
I broke my oath of never joining Bookface to enter a competition to win a Chugger. I didn't win. Now I get an endless barrage of notifications for funny cat videos and zoo magazine updates (I'll oblige these) not to mention pics of everyone's ugly kids.
Have I earned a free Chugger yet?
Lol.

Yes, sounds like you've earned one.

But you'll still have to pay

Cheers guys, no comment on full pint, just asking about the pumps. Do you use them? If so, for what temps and what duration? Can they handle continuous during mashing up to 80c and during the boil for recirc?

Any experience on the difference between Center or inline? Can I hang the pump from the plumbing using a center thread model? If so is there s way to stop drips going into the motor?

Thanks!

lael said:
Cheers guys, no comment on full pint, just asking about the pumps. Do you use them? If so, for what temps and what duration? Can they handle continuous during mashing up to 80c and during the boil for recirc?

Any experience on the difference between Center or inline? Can I hang the pump from the plumbing using a center thread model? If so is there s way to stop drips going into the motor?

Thanks!
Regardless of equipment capability, mounting electrical equipment below mechanical equipment with the risk of leakage is just not right. Couldn't you just flip it and have the motor "hanging" above the pump?

Sorry if thats a delael...

Update

• Ss BrewTech incoming. We have Brewmaster Buckets and Chronicals due to arrive within 10-days time (due mid Feb). They are now open for pre-order now. We've been getting a lot of interest for these - so we do encourage those keen to get their foot in the door ASAP.
  • And we'll have something called The Grainfather hitting the shop early next week - along with a bunch of other stuff from Mangrove Jacks, and lots more brewing goodies. Stay tuned...

Beg to differ on the chuggers..
I've got 6 ( purchased 2 ) and 5 out of 6 of them have stopped because of overheating. The sixth one has only been on the HLT so far so it may join the other 5. I do run a RIMS system so they run ( or the RIMS one does) for awhile. For intermittent use they maybe OK ( one from the 2nd batch went 5-10minutes before stopping). The 2 sets of replacement pumps ( from chugger US) are from different batches so I see no improvement from my side of things .
Of course I might just be unlucky but I wouldn't buy one again. I hope those who do buy one have better luck than I've had.

Sorry to hear that seamad.

Our second/replacement batch, back then, were all tested prior to shipping and have never had a complaint since. We have tested some from this batch too, no issues.

I guess it simply sings home the point of buying local for local support and warranty!

Anyway, back to our retailery stuff :)

Back