Full Pint: Brew Supplies

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mje1980 said:
The stir plate I got from you is unreal mate. Pitched a smack pack yesterday and within 3 hrs it was starting to get a krausen. Before bed it was kranking. All done now, and ready to pitch. Sweeeeeeet !
Awesome! Glad to hear. I have the older v2 version, and I love mine too.

Feel free to write a review on our site and earn yourself come FP credit ;)

Hi Spiesy

I really want / need a mill. It seems like I can't go too wrong with a minimill.

How much extra things do I need to do to get it going? I mean, do I need to buy or make a hopper? Is there an attachment to fit it to a bucket?

Trevandjo said:
Hi Spiesy

I really want / need a mill. It seems like I can't go too wrong with a minimill.

How much extra things do I need to do to get it going? I mean, do I need to buy or make a hopper? Is there an attachment to fit it to a bucket?
Hey mate. They are an awesome mill. You will need to make a hopper, yes - Mashmaster do make one for the MiniMill, but we don't stock it as we're not happy with either the functionality (only holds 1.5kg) or quality of it (made out of Perspex).

I'm far from handy with tools, but I made my own hopper out of MDF, and affixed the mill to a small cabinet that I purchased from Masters. I cut a hole in the top of the cabinet, fitted a downpipe drain funnel on the inside, and purchased a motor. I believe the photos of my badly built mill can be seen on my profile.

The cabinet keeps most of the mill dust contained. Works a treat and hasn't skipped a beat.

Just a heads up… our June Grain Bulk Buy ends this Thursday. All orders and payments are required to be finalised by 8pm on Thursday - and we still have some splits available: http://www.fullpint.com.au/blog/june-grain-bulk-buy/

BrewBuckets should be here before the week is out. They can be picked up @ the Bulk Buy, during regular business hours - or shipped out to you.

Please note that due to Andrew being away, we will not be open this Friday. Andrew returns next week, then it's FP business as usual - thank you for your patience during this period.

FP Update:

• Yes, the Ss BrewTech BrewBucket Fermenters have arrived. All pre-orders have been successfully allocated, and we have stock available.
  • Ss BrewTech Chronicals are expected to be arriving in around 4-weeks time (late July). There is still some stock available.
  • Blichmann Engineering is coming! Stock is expected to arrive late July, pre-orders are available now if you want to guarantee yourself anything in particular from the first shipment.
  • Grain Bulk Buy has finished - it was a big one, thanks to those who jumped in. We're still confirming a few things with our suppliers - but we'll see most of you for the scheduled pickup next Saturday 5th July... a good opportunity for anyone to pick up anything they need, as we're still not regularly open on Saturdays. We'll be open 11am-1.30pm.
  • Late next week should see our stocks of DME, extract, some grains and hops replenished - as Cocko returns to the fold this weekend.

Cheers :)

FULL PINT JULY PROMO:

Click the image above to find out how you can win yourself $100 of world-class specialty grain in our July promo..

We're limiting this comp to the first 10 purchases of our grain mills - which means you have a 1/10 chance of winning. And we will make a post to let people know when this limit is reached - so you'll know you're in it to win it, before you order.
That's some pretty good odds!

It's got a key way huh?, pretty flash :).

Used the stir plate on some 6 month old Belgian saison yeast. It was a slurry, so for 1.5l, i added 80ml of the mixed slurry. Next day foaming, so pitched it into the beer. Less than 24 hrs later it's on it's way. Very happy mate, cheers. I added some feedback

mje1980 said:
It's got a key way huh?, pretty flash :).

Used the stir plate on some 6 month old Belgian saison yeast. It was a slurry, so for 1.5l, i added 80ml of the mixed slurry. Next day foaming, so pitched it into the beer. Less than 24 hrs later it's on it's way. Very happy mate, cheers. I added some feedback
Thanks for your review, Mark - published. Great to hear you're digging the Stir Plate.

We just got some more in.

Spiesy said:
Hey mate. They are an awesome mill. You will need to make a hopper, yes - Mashmaster do make one for the MiniMill, but we don't stock it as we're not happy with either the functionality (only holds 1.5kg) or quality of it (made out of Perspex).

I'm far from handy with tools, but I made my own hopper out of MDF, and affixed the mill to a small cabinet that I purchased from Masters. I cut a hole in the top of the cabinet, fitted a downpipe drain funnel on the inside, and purchased a motor. I believe the photos of my badly built mill can be seen on my profile.

The cabinet keeps most of the mill dust contained. Works a treat and hasn't skipped a beat.
The hopper, whilst grossly undersized isn't all that bad. The one caveat on that is you have to glue the Perspex parts together. If you use the right glue it forms an almost unbreakable unit, which does the job and is easy to clean (albeit too small).

I personally would not have bought a minimill if some sort of off the shelf hopper was unavailable. I barely have time to brew let alone fabricate things like hoppers, which to be honest if made by me would probably be rubbish!

FP Update

New to FP:
Back into stock:
  • Hops: Citra, Hallertau, Magnum (GER), Cascade (AU), Centennial, Chinook
  • Grain: JW Ale, JW Pils
  • Extract: Briess CBW LME range. DME hitting the shop over the weekend.
Coming soon:
  • Crown Urns + Strainers (due next week)
  • Blichmann Engineering (due late July)
  • Ss BrewTech Chronicals (due late July)
  • more grain, more hops, more yeast, more hardware... more awesome shit.

And don't forget our free grain promo!

We look forward to seeing some of you at the Grain Bulk Buy pickup tomorrow!
>> if you'd like to add anything for your pickup order tomorrow, please feel free to do so. :kooi:

GalBrew said:
Speaking of pickups, any word on the potential for a regular weekend pickup time?
Hi mate,

It is high on our agenda, and something we are working towards.

We will be hosting the grain pickup tomorrow @ FPHQ, from 11am-1.30pm.
So if anyone wants to finalise an order today, we can make sure it's available for pickup during this window tomorrow.

I am going to have to give you guys a go next time....(wish I did last time)

I just compared your prices with my last order from another HBS.

You guys would have been almost $20 cheaper on same the grain and yeast for 2 brews.

I think your a bit dearer on postage - but still the overall order would have been cheaper.

Looking forward to trying out Full Pint soon

GrumpyPaul said:
I am going to have to give you guys a go next time....(wish I did last time)

I just compared your prices with my last order from another HBS.

You guys would have been almost $20 cheaper on same the grain and yeast for 2 brews.

I think your a bit dearer on postage - but still the overall order would have been cheaper.

Looking forward to trying out Full Pint soon
@Grumpy, I'd highly recommend FP - good lads, good products, good prices = happy brewing.

Not to forget that if you visit cocko delivers special services down the back of the shop. Just pretend you pay by VISA and he'd lead you away...

practicalfool said:
Not to forget that if you visit cocko delivers special services down the back of the shop. Just pretend you pay by VISA and he'd lead you away...

Mate, that was VIP stuff..... and you brought beer! I will do anything for beer.... lol.

Big shout-out to Andrew and Mark at Full Pint.

Picked up my Brew Bucket, some extra HERMS bling, grain and yeast this afternoon.

Managed to get a good chat, and a good beer, into the bargain. Pleasure doing business with you.

SmallFry said:
Big shout-out to Andrew and Mark at Full Pint.

Picked up my Brew Bucket, some extra HERMS bling, grain and yeast this afternoon.

Managed to get a good chat, and a good beer, into the bargain. Pleasure doing business with you.
Pleasure was all ours, mate.

Nice to have a beer with you.

I had a pretty good experience from you guys last week too. Top service :)

Any chance you are looking at getting sanitisers and cleaning agents in? I could use a bit more starsan.

Back