Bjcp Training Course

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does a 1pm kickoff sound ?

There are 7 spare seats (6 if you count Tony's reservation) - PM me your address if you would like to be picked up.

Thanks
Dave

:(

Sad news, Dave. I'm the only one in country with HUET training at the moment so I been called to go to Melbourne tomorrow to fly out to a rig in the strait on Saturday morning. Could you please mail me the list of beers that are being tasted and any course notes so I can do my own catch up? Be much obliged.

If anyone else can't make it Saturday, maybe we can do a catch up session together?

Good news for someone else is that the fronts seat of the Tarago is up for grabs again... :p

I should be back in town by then (depending on traffic...) If not I'll let you know Dave.

Cheers

Sounds good to me. What styles are we covering this time? 3 & 4?

I'm kegging my Munich Dunkel on Friday night so it'll be good to taste an example of this one to know how poor my beer is :)

Ben

Early in the morning is better for me.

I unfortnately can't make saturday as I'm on a bucks weekend in terrigal. Very dissapointed especialyl with the scottish 80shilling still on tap at potters. I'd be very keep also Dave for the notes and list of beers from the day so I can do some catchup.

SChooey I'd also be keen to get together and talk through it if your still keen
Lee

:(
Good news for someone else is that the fronts seat of the Tarago is up for grabs again... :p

Looks like i won't have to mud wrestle you to see who gets the front seat now :(

Hi Boys,

I couldn't make it on Saturday either. (very disappointed) But I'm up for the catch up class with Leeboy and Schooey. And the course material as well. Thanks Dave... :D

Did anyone take note of all the beers tried in the second session?

awesome, 3 person catch up will be good. I guess we need
1) a list of beers so we can source them
2) rough overview of what was covered
3) to organise to photocopy someones papers 3x
If we can get a list I'll get the photocopying done, just need to organise a time
Lee

OK Geoff and Tony, I've got the handouts. I will photocopy them at work for everyone tomorrow. Thanks Paul.
Just need a beer list and overview, i guess.
Lee

OK Geoff and Tony, I've got the handouts. I will photocopy them at work for everyone tomorrow. Thanks Paul.
Just need a beer list and overview, i guess.
Lee

Thanks Lee, let me know when you guys are keen to do it and we'll sort out a time date. I'm pretty sure we're all close to each other.

Thanks Lee, let me know when you guys are keen to do it and we'll sort out a time date. I'm pretty sure we're all close to each other.

Love the enthusiasm guys - good to see !

When I have a spare moment I will set up a dedicated website - but give me a week.

The beers that we used are not really available ie specials from potters and old faulty examples.

Just make sure that you come along to the Bitter & Twisted and you will be able to grab most of them.

Dave

Do you have a nice lush lawn Dave?

Done that before :p

cheers

OK I've done all the photocopying and got my hands on a bottle of potters Octoberfest and Bock. THANKS KEITH!!

These are two of the beer that we had, now we just need to source Swartzbier and Muncih Dunkel. I unfortnately just finished off a keg of the later two weekends ago with Paul and Michael from the course. So meant to bottle some and save it for training days. Oh well.

Huge thanks again Dave. had a skim through the paperwork from Saturday and heard bits that were talked about. really impressed with your knowledge and willingness to pass some of that on to us!

What day suits you schooey and BYB?

Leeboy and Schooey,

Here are my movements,

11th Oct - Warners Beer Festival (work)
15th Oct - Judging, Australian Hotel Beer Festival (work) :super:
18th Oct - Bucks Show (play) :icon_chickcheers:
23rd -26th Oct - ANHC Melbourne (work/play)
1st - 2nd Nov - Bitter and Twisted (maybe work/definitelt play) :D

Geez I love beer...

The beers that we used are not really available ie specials from potters and old faulty examples.

You could probably emulate one of them by getting the Potters Bock and soaking a couple of cocktail frankfurts in the glass for a while. :D (Sorry Craig). I'm hoping it comes good now that it's off the wood - especially as you were saying how nice it was just a few days before we sampled it.

I can't be too unkind, because I had a lovely head cold for the Potters session, and my smell/taste was way off the mark.

Benniee

I seemed to recall a Rooftop Red Lager & a Dogbolter in there somewhere also :)

Back