Bjcp Course - Melbourne 2009/10

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depending on my keg status, I might bring along a decanted bottle of my Dunkel so we can compare it to styles. I think Chris said he had a 'dodgy bock' too.
good idea. we will have to look to see if dunkles are on the list. I can bring mine along also. I'll have a hunt around for some left over swartz' etc.

thats what i call self control. trying 8 beers in 1 session and still being right to drive back to bendigo is self control.

Next week could be dangerous.... the potential for up to 1/2 a doz bocks with one being an Eisbock! :ph34r:

I think i have a couple of bocks in bottles left from the last case swap i can bring along.

Always have the swag in tow just in case. But over 2hrs at 150ml per tasting 8 beers is not that much.

Standard Drink Guide

Next week could be dangerous.... the potential for up to 1/2 a doz bocks with one being an Eisbock! :ph34r:
hmmm car pool arrangements might have to be made. although a taxi will only cost me $15 or less to get home. got to be responsible out on the roads.

drinks calculator
View attachment DrinkPlanner.xls

edit:
i make it never more than 0.04BAC assuming total consumption is 3 standard stubbies of beer over 3 hours. that of course if for my weight

have to ask.....what was your favourite beer from last night?

I think mine was the Weihenstephaner Pils.

have to ask.....what was your favourite beer from last night?

I think mine was the Weihenstephaner Pils.
Have to say mine would have been the Ashes ESB I had when I got home. Not a fan of the light-coloured bottom-fermenting jobbies... but if we are sticking to what was had last night, it'd be the Trumer Pils.

Have to say mine would have been the Ashes ESB I had when I got home. Not a fan of the light-coloured bottom-fermenting jobbies... but if we are sticking to what was had last night, it'd be the Trumer Pils.

We have similar tastes. Im trying to broaden my horizens with lagers and pils! I love Trumer tho!

Bayside Brewers Octoberfest Comp is soon. Check your email regarding judging/stewarding.

dont think i can attend but i might enter 3 beers. which kinda sucks cause it would be my fav category to judge if i could make it.
munich dunkle
octoberfest (they have this under dark lager. I assume its meant to be dark american lager but for octoberfest)
schwarzbier

It's all valuable experience if any of you can get over there - the more "critical" tasting you can get in during this course the better.

Andy

Im going to bring some American Brown from home tomorrow night as long as i get around to bottleing a couple off the tap (4*) style

catch you there

Kleiny

Im going to bring some American Brown from home tomorrow night as long as i get around to bottleing a couple off the tap (4*) style

catch you there

Kleiny
Is that Tasty's - Janet's Brown?

Yep thats the recipe, i did change it a little.

Im going to brew this again for sure great beer but im going to try and adjust the recipe a bit.

I will chat with you about it tomorrow maple

Is that Tasty's - Janet's Brown?

Hmmm would it be out of place to bring a bottle of hazelnut brown? based the recipe off Rogues hazelnut nectar?

I dont think we have a specialty tasting session either so i guess its not all that out of place.

Its back on tonight, see you all there

Its a good chance to bring beerfest entries in tonight.

Its back on tonight, see you all there
Its a good chance to bring beerfest entries in tonight.

yeah, for me to taste! :p

I want to bring in my Belgian Entry but its too distinct and i dont want to sway the judges if its anyone at the meeting!

will just have to save a bottle of that and my witbier for the belgian tastings.

Wont be able to make it this week.

Working night shift.

Just to let you all know

Catch you soon
Kleiny

That six for u trav. I'll bring ur hopper next time

Latest posts

Back