Bjcp Course - Melbourne 2009/10

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris.taylor.98

Reaction score
Hi All

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD VIA PM ----> USE THIS EMAIL ADDRESS INSTEAD: [email protected]

Melbourne Brewers have finally got around to arranging the next Melbourne based BJCP course.

The course will be situated at Pete's warehouse (aka Brewers Den's warehouse) where the Melbourne Brewers club meetings are held.

Factory 11
12 Edina Road
Ferntree Gully - 3156.

The course is planned to commence on 22/09/2009, with sessions run roughly every second Tuesday, with a break over the Christmas/New Years period. The exam planned to be around May 2010.

We will be asking for an upfront fee of $300 to cover:

- Beers for the tasting sessions ( typically 5+ per session)
- Other consumables and misc costs
- BJCP exam fee

Note this charge is purely to cover the cost associated with providing materials for the course. There is no charge for the actual course itself.

It is hoped this amount will cover required costs for all sessions, but if not additional costs will be passed on to course goers.

Places are extremely limited, and we will be accessing potential course goers on their likelihood of participating in judging of Victorian competitions.

When replying to this email, please provide the following details:
- Name and contact details ( preferably email address and phone number ).
- Number of competitions attended in the last 24 months
- Number of competitions participated in (as an entrant) in the last 24 months
- Brief reason for doing the course ( ie Judging, Personal education, etc )

For those that do not make it on the course, we will be talking with VicBrew to try and arrange a more predictable and regular scheduling for future BJCP courses.

Note there is no limit on numbers for those that just want to resit the exam. Please indicate in the reply email if this is all you wish to do.

Cheers

Chris Taylor
Melbourne Brewers - Club Treasurer

[email protected]

Those that reply to this thread via PM will be automatically disqualified from the course .... well not really, but it will piss me off a little. Please just use the email address instead.

Awesome Chris!

PM Sent..... (I Kid, I Kid!) :lol:

Check you're Email :p

Cheers! :icon_cheers:

Hi All,

For those that don't know much about the BJCP certification program have a look at this link.

In particular have a look at the study guide which the course is based on.

I have also published a tentative schedule as a google spreadsheet

I need to get your interest registered by Fri Sept 11th if you want to be considered for a place on the course.

There has not been much interest registered to date, so if we have put you off by being given the third degree above then don't be too discouraged from applying as you still have a good chance of getting in.

Thx for the working sheet Chris.

Wow I didnt expect the course to run over 8 months. All cool.

So I assume the class times are of a night? Otherwise I might have to pull out. I dont think I can get all those days off work at the moment.

Thx for the working sheet Chris.

Wow I didnt expect the course to run over 8 months. All cool.

So I assume the class times are of a night? Otherwise I might have to pull out. I dont think I can get all those days off work at the moment.

Is it 8 months ?? well err yes guess Dec and Jan are mostly out though. Believe me you don't want to try and cram this course ... you will be needing the 8 months by the end of it.

All classes are at night time ... kick off expected to be around 7.30pm.

Hi All,

Still a couple of places available.

Don't too put off by the grand inquisition in the opening post ... if you are interested please let me know by Friday

all good then. night courses it is. just wanted to be sure about that. Im in.

Maple get your arse into gear!

so im back in town... are we locked in Chris?

yep looks like everyone that applied got a spot ( yay for not having to chose between potential course goers )

I will confirm this, as well as more details by email early next week

anyone know how long the sessions go for for each night? My missus would like to know what time to expect me home.
see you fellas tonight

I suppose it's too late to say around 2 1/2 hours ? :)

Good discussions last night gents!

Andy

Andy
Plus 30 minutes gas-baggin in carpark... closer to 3.

Plus 30 minutes gas-baggin in carpark... closer to 3.

Ha, Yeah. I had CM2/Lara Bingle syndrome on the Eastern last night..... "Where the bloody hell are you?" Wonder if Kleiny made it home or setup camp on the side of the Fwy.

Made it home just kept traveling and was home by 1.

Catch you all next session

Andy
i did think about jumping on AHB and answering my own question when i got home but thought better of it.

Thanks for 'MC' duties Andy. This will certainly be an interesting course.

See you other lads next session (hmmm dark lagers etc.... my speciality).

See you other lads next session (hmmm dark lagers etc.... my speciality).

Depending on my keg status, I might bring along a decanted bottle of my Dunkel so we can compare it to styles. I think Chris said he had a 'dodgy bock' too.

Made it home just kept traveling and was home by 1.

Catch you all next session
Are you seriously driving down from Bendigo for every session??? - that's mad!

Latest posts

Back