Melbourne Brewers Beerfest, 2013

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy with my Tripel and my Brown Porter! Thanks to Melb Brewers for putting it on!

Ok folks,

I've just finished publishing the scoresheets on CompMaster.

If you entered through CompMaster, you can download them from "My Account" -> "My Results".

If you did not enter through CompMaster, your sheets will be sent out very shortly (we have a meeting tonight to finalise that part of the comp).

Cheers!

Andy

Sorry guys,

Barry's spotted some misplaced sheets, so I am going to have to go through and clean up the data entry for some of the event. I'll have them sorted tonight.

Andy

Just tried to check, no results available at this time. Guess my sheets are some of the misplaced one's. Keen to have a look at the feedback, happy with my Irish Red getting a 4th but have a feeling something went amiss with my ABA.

Mine aren't up yet, Andy.

I mention it purely on a 'trying to help' basis...if it helps narrow anything down ?

You guys have done a sterling effort from start to finish, and I'm trying not to come across as impatient.

Daniel Wood - 3rd British Ales and 6th Wheat and Rye.

Happy as anything with my first ever placing, and the 6th is encouraging too !!

Should have been more clear - I stopped publishing them in case there was actually a wholesale mix-up with the scoresheets. Just checking them now....

Andy

Ok. Found the culprits and corrected them. The results and score sheets are back online for you guys to grab.

Please let me know if you find any problems...

Andy

Andyd said:
Ok. Found the culprits and corrected them. The results and score sheets are back online for you guys to grab.

Please let me know if you find any problems...

Andy

Andy the work you do is amazing, thanks so much,

all my sheets sheets are up. thanks andy.

i love that apparently a berlinner isnt meant to be sour.... did these people read the style guides. Geez glad Richard was judging with the people and knows what he was going on about.

also did the judges talk to each other? in a diff beer ive got one 'judge' saying too sweet and that there was spice (there wasnt anything sweet about my saison and its meant to be spicy) and another saying too sour.

ahhh the joys of not being able to give judges feedback. anyways i wont start that chestnut argument again.

congrats all

citymorgue2 said:
all my sheets sheets are up. thanks andy.

i love that apparently a berlinner isnt meant to be sour.... did these people read the style guides. Geez glad Richard was judging with the people and knows what he was going on about.

also did the judges talk to each other? in a diff beer ive got one 'judge' saying too sweet and that there was spice (there wasnt anything sweet about my saison and its meant to be spicy) and another saying too sour.

ahhh the joys of not being able to give judges feedback. anyways i wont start that chestnut argument again.

congrats all
Part of what I'd like people to start to do is look back at the scoresheets they've written in a flight, and (although I don't do this at present) compare it with that of their partners at the table.

For example, a couple of the sheets I saw this year had word for word the same comments in places - never a good look.

I've certainly learned a thing or two about my judging style by doing this - and I've got a long way to go!

Andy

I had two judges comment that my aba was just a bit too sweet, still scored well. The other judge than comments the beer is too dry and lacks sweetness, marking the beer right down.

I'm going with the too sweet comments as this beer finished slightly higher then I wanted.

Good to have other people judge my beer as always. Thanks to the organisers.

All good now, cheers Andy and co.

Also, thanks for the very useful feed back from (most) of the judges.

jc64 said:
I had two judges comment that my aba was just a bit too sweet, still scored well. The other judge than comments the beer is too dry and lacks sweetness, marking the beer right down.

I'm going with the too sweet comments as this beer finished slightly higher then I wanted.

Good to have other people judge my beer as always. Thanks to the organisers.
I don't know the specifics of your entry, but remember that there are two important factors to consider when looking at your sheets:

1) There is often a novice judge at the table. We generally ask judges to write down what they perceive without necessarily consulting the other judges first, so a novice might just be getting used to the game...

2) Different people just have different palates, so what is sweet to one person could be dry to someone who has a high flavor threshold for sugars (think someone who had s sugars in a coffee... :) )

Like I said, I'm not sure about your actual entry, but just a couple of things to keep in mind.

Thanks for entering - Ii hope some of the feedback was useful for you, and that we'll see you back in 2104!

Cheers!

Andy

Andyd said:
I hope some of the feedback was useful for you, and that we'll see you back in 2104!
I expect he'll be happier with his feedback by then!

If I'm still getting feedback in 2104 than I'll be excited regardless of its content.

Hoping to make a decent beer by then at least :).

Thanks for the explanation Andy, makes sense to me now.

Latest posts

Back