Melbourne Brewers Beerfest, 2013

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jc64 said:
If I'm still getting feedback in 2104 than I'll be excited regardless of its content.

Hoping to make a decent beer by then at least :).

Thanks for the explanation Andy, makes sense to me now.
No sweat JC - brew long and prosper.... :)

Andy

Its bloody hard work finding judges not andys fault nor melb brewers. As it was they didnt have enough judges. So I completely sympathise.

citymorgue2 said:
Its bloody hard work finding judges not andys fault nor melb brewers. As it was they didnt have enough judges. So I completely sympathise.
Maybe my comments have been misconstrued. I admire the time the judges have put in so the competition can be held.

I only wanted to see how the three judges come to make there decisions, being that there was such a big difference in my comments and scores. Andyd answered this perfectly with his explanation.

I certainly don't want to come across as deriding the judges, four of my six scoresheets had really detailed feedback that should really help me make these beers better next time I brew them.

jc64 said:
Maybe my comments have been misconstrued. I admire the time the judges have put in so the competition can be held.

I only wanted to see how the three judges come to make there decisions, being that there was such a big difference in my comments and scores. Andyd answered this perfectly with his explanation.

I certainly don't want to come across as deriding the judges, four of my six scoresheets had really detailed feedback that should really help me make these beers better next time I brew them.
manticle said:
I think citymorgue is on the same page as you given his earlier comments.
Yup I kinda canned a few judges but im not a tosser as its hard to get judges at vicbrew and I feel obliged to judge despite it not being convenient with family etc. So mants is spot on.

I just wanted to point out the pains of organising a comp as it relies on help and beerfest being the biggest ximp outside vicbrew is a big task.

does anybody know when prizes will be made availble for pickup?

Can any entrants who won trophies or prizes please get in touch with Peter at the Brewer's Den to organise pick up of their material?

9761 1900

Back