Bjcp Training Course

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry Benniee, if Dave lets me bring in a few more of my beers you'll certainly get to taste some faults!

:D

I don't know about that. The CAP you brought down for the 1st session was awesome!

Did you get the score sheets back yet?

Cheers.

Yep, got 'em yesterday. I'll bring them to the next session, there was some great feedback for that beer in particular.

Cant believe i missed this <_<

I read the title a couple of times but never looked in the thread.

Oh well :(

Not too late to start Tony, one or two participants missed the first session anyway. Drop Dave a PM. It would be great to have you along.

Rightio.....sounds good.

I will PM Dave now.

Might have to do a trip to Dans for some catch-up :)

When is the next session?

If there is a faults day im sure i can supply some great ones with score sheets

Might even bring along an Old Ale for a treat :)

cheers

cheers

The Saturday of the long weekend, I think? Out at Potters. I already got dibs on the front seat of the Tarago ;)

Any chance of another late entrance???? I assume I should PM Bigfridge... worth a shot

The Saturday of the long weekend, I think? Out at Potters. I already got dibs on the front seat of the Tarago ;)

Thats selfless of you schooey, putting your hand up to be designated driver and all. Especially in Daves car. :lol:

:huh:

:eek:

erm... I meant the one on the left, Brian :D

Not too late to start Tony, one or two participants missed the first session anyway. Drop Dave a PM. It would be great to have you along.

Been no shortage of interest in this course which bodes well for the future of quality brewing in the Hunter. Good judges give good feedback. Becoming a judge also benefits yor brewing as you come to understand the different beer styles.

Unfortunately we have to limit the numbers due to the logistics of space and time to get everyones opinion during the discussions - so this course is full up. We will be running another course next year.

It wasn't really a matter of 'first in first served' but most of the current 'apprentices' have helped out at local beer comps so were well known to us. I already have enough names to half fill the next course so please keep in touch.

In the meantime you can get lots of experience (not to mention fun) by helping out at the HAG competitions. Working as a steward or apprentice judge is a good introduction to beer styles and tasting.

Thanks,
Dave

When this comes up next year, Ill be a starter.
:D

I can pick up some acetaldehyde in Blue Tongue Lager - but some of the other flavour defects remain a bit of a mystery to me.

Benniee
[/quote]

Ha, Nice call. There's a good chance you may also pick up diacetyl and oxidisation as well... Did i just say that....

If we can handle tasting a few bluetongue's, we have a bucket load of storage beers at work that need a going over that no-one seems want to analyse. I'll suss it out next week and see if they'll let me get my hands on some so we can look for ranknes. Maybe some credible feedback will help rather than monkeys telling each other its great....

Obviously it will have to fit in with the course so I'll see what goes.

Cheers
BB

Working as a steward or apprentice judge is a good introduction to beer styles and tasting.

Styles :eek:

There's styles....... :huh:

looks like i've got some reading to do :p

Cheers

PS..... might see everyone at the B&T this year hanging my head in rejected shame :p

Benniee said:
I can pick up some acetaldehyde in Blue Tongue Lager - but some of the other flavour defects remain a bit of a mystery to me.

Ha, Nice call. There's a good chance you may also pick up diacetyl and oxidisation as well... Did i just say that....

:lol: not really what I meant. I mean in BT Lager I can pick up acetaldehyde - and in other beers there are defects that I don't really know how to describe properly.

Bluetongue isn't the worst beer out there I'm sure.

Benniee

Hi All,

Is there a definite start time for this Saturday as I'll be coming back from up the coast and don't want to miss it.

Cheers

Hi All,

Is there a definite start time for this Saturday as I'll be coming back from up the coast and don't want to miss it.

Cheers

Time is flexible at the moment - what time will you be back ?

We need to be sure that we are all finished before you get there :lol:

I will contact you all shortly to tee up the details.

Thanks
Dave

Any consensus on the time yet?

:)

How does a 1pm kickoff sound ?

There are 7 spare seats (6 if you count Tony's reservation) - PM me your address if you would like to be picked up.

Thanks
Dave

Latest posts

Back