Adelaide Ahb Pub Crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kai

Fermentation Assistant
Reaction score
Greetings Adelaideans,

A few of us have decided that an Adelaide homebrewer's pub crawl would be a fine idea. It's a good opportunity for the newer Adelaide AHB members to meet up as well as a fine excuse for the regulars (not that they need any).

The current prospective date is Saturday the 8th of April.

We're looking at two potential pub lists, both starting at the Wheatsheaf then one through the city or the other through North Adelaide. Tentative itinerary is as follows:

Adelaide:

6:30 Wheatsheaf
8:00 Austral
9:00 Elephant
10:00 Exchange
11:00 Belgian

or

North Adelaide:

6:30 Wheatsheaf
8:00 Wellington
9:00 Daniel O'Connell
10:00 Archer
11:00 Lion
12:00 Belgian (sobriety pending)

For those of you who are interested, please feel free to offer your opinion on which list of venues you prefer or better pubs that we've forgotten about. I personally prefer the North Adelaide list but we're open to suggestions.

Organisation and pricing dependent, we might get a minibus between the wheaty and the next pub, from there on it's easy walking. Best of all, if we have enough numbers then you can all buy a stylishly-designed t-shirt to commemorate the occasion. It's never a true pub crawl without a shirt.

Those of you who are interested in participating, please post to let me know if the date works for you and your opinion of the listed venues.

Cheers!

I work in the east end of the city, and live to the south and west.
I never seem to have reasons to journey to North Adelaide, so I reckon O'Connell and Melbourne Streets it is.
Mind you, on my last visit to O'Connell St the JS IPA at the Caley was tasting mighty fine, but it might be a bit far to some of you with longer legs to travel :p

I'm also in and cast a vote for the Nth Adelaide mission. No need to go to the Caley though stu as JS IPA is on tap at the Wheatie. You could even do a comparison with the goat IPA which is also on tap, Emerson's and White Shield. Spoilt for choice really.

Post the theme song you created when we were discussing it Kai. That will get the troops motivated!

sounds good to me, but I'm a racer, not a pacer. I'll be cactus after the 1st 4 pubs.
t-shirt sounds cool.

tangent said:
I'll be cactus after the 1st 4 pubs.
[post="109662"][/post]​

That's why we will start at the Wheaty. Get the cactus out of our systems nice and early ;)

Well wouldnt you know it.After convincing myself that i should get over my aversion to collectives,and stifling my anti social foibles :unsure: in the interests of finally meeting some of the other Adelaide brewers,i fancied that i might catch up for a few with you lads.

Check the calendar ,and there is a wedding to attend :eek:
Looks like I'm already being forced to go out and be sociable on that date. <_<

I'm keen on the Nth Adel route (Kai reckons it's a good route), I'll miss the Wheaty and start at the Welly @ 8pm.

The T-shirt might make us look like a bunch of Uni students with too much Austudy in our pockets!?!

tdh

tdh said:
The T-shirt might make us look like a bunch of Uni students with too much Austudy in our pockets!?!

[post="109689"][/post]​
Fair call that. If we want them to let us in wherever we go we may be better off without them. Perhaps commemorative shrts after the event. I do like Kai's suggestion for shirts.

tdh said:

tdh
[post="109689"][/post]​

A mature age student in your case GT :p

I was going to canvas the venues to see if they'd let us in, depending on numbers. If they said no then going in mufti would be fine. I'm sure we'd be a much better behaved lot (stu) than your average uni pub crawl, and certainly spend more. My roots might be showing but I do love a good crawl replete with t-shirts.

As for the t-shirt design, it starts off as follows:

Twelve Westmalle tripels
Eleven Ruinations
Ten pints of Rochefort
Nine Aventini
Eight Karmeleits...

...and goes on from there

my random thoughts on the subject.

top idea kai

t-shirts sound like a gr8 idea Kai, but as an old fart i would prefer to go incognito and get them after the event.

also the wheatie is a top place, and would be shame to miss it, but logistcally it might be easier to start at the callie for a few and a good feed, then head south.

otherwise I will bus it in and catch up at the first north adelaide venue.

Yeah, logistically the wheatsheaf is a pain but it would be a huge shame to miss it. I guess if a table of folks would rather have dinner at the cal then they can do that and meet everyone at the welly after.

T-shirts after the event sounds fine, if we get enough to make them reasonably affordable.

Kai said:
Yeah, logistically the wheatsheaf is a pain but it would be a huge shame to miss it. I guess if a table of folks would rather have dinner at the cal then they can do that and meet everyone at the welly after.
[post="109746"][/post]​

Yeah, we have to include the Wheatie. It's only a short cab ride and one of those mini bus things could be organised in advance for minimal cost.

Sorry Guys count me out as i will be in nz but if the date was a week earlier or in may it may be different

hmmm, could be a goer for me, lots happening/or about to but at this stage count me in,as for the possible t shirt idea, if they dont like it just tell em to kiss our fermented a#$e,s :D

jagerbrau said:
should add in the royal oak drive through
[post="109810"][/post]​
For a roadie between the Dan and the Archer, sort of.

jagerbrau said:
should add in the royal oak drive through
[post="109810"][/post]​

Royal Oak crawl through? :p

Is that a yes from you, then jagerbrau??

anythig with a word remotely like beer and im in. like the idea of the Tshirt

Latest posts

Back