Official 2008 Ahb Sydney Pub Crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Day
I had a great day. Peter and I sat down with Damon and "wicked Pete" and shared beers and conversation for 1+ hour then caught up with everyone. I hit the wall at JS and decided I needed to weave off home, I owe Franko a beer next time.
I was telling Doc and Dane that they should do a podcast show on home brewing, brewing, microbeer and beer topics. "Dane and Doc Do Beers" could be a great monthly show :D . They would have to interview all the micro brewers and sample their beers of course (no Tropical Flower Wits).

i got 4 in the end

when I got home, I realised it was the 11 glasses which somehow took refuge that were making the backpack so damn heavy....... B) dunno how they got there, can anyone enlighten me .......... :rolleyes:

Good to see. I reckon there should be a "Show us your fav AHB Crawl Glass!" post

Cheers
Gerard

when I got home, I realised it was the 11 glasses which somehow took refuge that were making the backpack so damn heavy....... B) dunno how they got there, can anyone enlighten me .......... :rolleyes:

Yes Croz........you put them there
:lol:

Franko

I think that picture is an accurate reflection of my pool playing last night, Gav. :eek:

The strange thing is I won that game. :lol:

Hope you're feeling better now at least. Bad news from the doctor. Might be time for a second opinion. :rolleyes:

Got it at the Australian Hotel. They also had Crocodile and kangaroo.

Kabooby :)

Ill definitely be making a stop there next time im chilling in the neighbourhood....

...wouldnt have a clue when that will be tho. cheers anyways mate

Sponge

Hope you're feeling better now at least. Bad news from the doctor. Might be time for a second opinion. :rolleyes:

Definately better than last week, thanks. The off the grog was in fact the second opinion, unfortunately it was the drugs from the first opinion that has stuffed me liver leading to the off the grog :angry: :angry: . Shouldn't be too long though, a week or two till the liver comes back OK.

The strange thing is I won that game. :lol:

Was that because you were playing me? I was lucky to be adressing the white ball by the end of it.
Cheers to Fatgozilla for dragging me out of there before I damaged the cloth :beer:

Well I've got the 'less than sober' pics of us all from periods throughout the day.....not sure if I should post them.

I'm kinda disappointed that as the most widely known disabled player of the day - I was one of the last to go! Mind you, I'm seriously thinking that next time I won't be leaving the Lord Nelson - Lowenbrau - Belgian Bier Cafe region - too much walking! You may think I'm complaining about the distance covered, but no - it was the fact that I remained sober, despite my most valiant efforts - the exercise did it! Damn cardio workout!

Notable mentions to PoMo, Pumpy, Wiseguy and Richard (whose handle I don't recall) - for various reasons - all of which involve a healthy dose of alcohol and wobbly boot syndrome. There were also a few moments there where I thought I may be involved in a Darling Harbour water rescue........maybe a pre issue of life preservers for next year?

OK - I couldn't help myself. I have to post a few pics.....if you want more, let me know! Crawl_2008_022.jpg

Attachments

• Crawl_2008_010.jpg
    Crawl_2008_010.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Crawl_2008_036.jpg
    Crawl_2008_036.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Crawl_2008_023.jpg
    Crawl_2008_023.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Crawl_2008_013.jpg
    Crawl_2008_013.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 54
  • Crawl_2008_012.jpg
    Crawl_2008_012.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Crawl_2008_018.jpg
    Crawl_2008_018.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 29
Love the Pumphoue pic............. classic!

OK - I couldn't help myself. I have to post a few pics.....if you want more, let me know!
hey, you guys look great. cant imagine why anyone would think you bunch werent "family friendly"??

hey, you guys look great. cant imagine why anyone would think you bunch werent "family friendly"??
Lol....I think the pic of Crozdog and Schooey says it all - that was taken at the not to friendly Bavarian. As you can see, we were getting a little rowdy by then......

First up, respect to Kook for the beer and the big distance travelled to attend. :beer:

I think someone put some glassware and a bottle of the Triple Karmeliet in my backpack.

Huge day all round, great people (great Dane?), good times.

Thanks to all who tolerated me on the day. You may all get another opportunity next year, unless I get PistolPatch-ed from the event :lol:

Big ups to Janet at the Redoak for the free beer. Not sure how many of us got a freebie, and did anyone see how I paid for it ? :rolleyes: Sorry, Janet!

Les (hiding under a small rock) :p

Cheers to Fatgozilla for dragging me out of there before I damaged the cloth :beer:

I'm glad you blokes have posted photos of the day/night. Memories coming back. I was wondering why we were kicked out of the Bavarian !

Had to leave the Redoak a little earlier than planned cos some bum needed to be taken home, so didn't get time to say any farewells. Excellent (nay, brilliant) event and my thanks to the organisers. It was wonderful meeting everyone and though I didn't get around to having in depth yarns with everyone, by mid afternoon anything in depth was nigh impossible. It was just go with the flow time.

:party:

Hi All, Great Day, and yes Dave Hollyoak was not able to make it in to say G'Day but told Janet (by phone) to shout a round of the Honey Ale. Thanks Guys, fantastic!

Damon from Lord Nelson ended up shoving some of us in a cab after Red Oak and heading straight to the Macquarie.

I think I had a nightmare that FatGodzilla was shouting at me to finish up and move on!

Hope to mingle and spend time with more of you on the next one.

Beers,

MD

An awesome day, guys. Great to catch up and have a drink and a laugh.

Somehow 7 lovely glasses snuck into my bag. Damn stowaways!
Would've been 8 if I'd grabbed that opportunity at the Lowenbrau.

Awesome drinks list there Doc. I only managed 9. A dismal effort.
Pete

Latest posts

Back