Official 2008 Ahb Sydney Pub Crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had one of these last time I was at the BBC...bloody awesome!

Sounds like you had a fantastic night boys! I'm trying to get a few mates together for a similiar sort of crawl this Friday after hearing the rave reviews.
I have a score to settle with Redoak...they've brought out some new beers i'm yet to try! :ph34r:

Thank goodness you weren't there Muggus .. not that I didn't want you there, but saw your name on the thread and thought .. Muggus was there ??.. I can't remember seeing him there ... ?? :icon_cheers:

Thank goodness you weren't there Muggus .. not that I didn't want you there, but saw your name on the thread and thought .. Muggus was there ??.. I can't remember seeing him there ... ?? :icon_cheers:
Hahaha nah, you're not imagining things FG, I reluctantly wasn't there.
Wish I could've joined the wassail, but I had a long standing commitment that involved alot of homebrew drinking on my behalf and a lesuirely downhill stroll home...hard to say no really! :icon_drunk:

I have a score to settle with Redoak...they've brought out some new beers i'm yet to try! :ph34r:

I was pleasantly surprised to see the Baltic Porter on Tap. Has that always been on tap? I'm sure it came out of a small bottle last time.......

MD

Thanks guys, always interesting to see what type of beers are popular at events such as this. I reckon you could sit at RedOak all afternoon & work your way through the range, that is if your wallet can handle it.
Where was Crusher & Mrs Crusher???
Barls & Croz you have both done very well, I am proud of the effort. When the AHB crew make it to the Flying Horse we will have plastic cups waiting for you sticky fingered types ;)
Cheers
Gerard

When the AHB crew make it to the Flying Horse we will have plastic cups waiting for you sticky fingered types ;)
Cheers
Gerard

I dont think so gerard I'm thinking of bringing a large suitcase.

hope all is well mate

Franko

thanks mate the navy taught me well if it isnt nailed down its fair game

I was pleasantly surprised to see the Baltic Porter on Tap. Has that always been on tap? I'm sure it came out of a small bottle last time.......

MD
Yeah. Last time I tried it was from a 250ml bottle for something like $14 or there abouts.
Off tap sounds nice! Did they mention what vintage it was?

Yeah. Last time I tried it was from a 250ml bottle for something like $14 or there abouts.
Off tap sounds nice! Did they mention what vintage it was?

As a matter of fact, NO. Maybe it was the Old Baltic I tried last time, not sure, sorry. Very nice none-the-less.

MD

Just checked my wallet as I paid at the red oak by Credit Card. Says 3 x Old Baltic Porter 180ml $10 ea

Then it says 4 x strong bitters at $6.50 WTF! I never ordered (or drank) them! Grrrrrrr. :angry: I normally check these tabs, must have been having to good a time ....

MD

Franko, when you come down here to Warrnambool make sure you bring Doc_D with you. Anybody willing to pay $10 for a 180ml of Porter & not bother to check what they are being charged for is exactly the type of customers we need!
Cheers
Gerard

You might want to ring ahead if there is a particular beer that you are looking to try as I was there last night and they were out of the American and English IPA's. I didn't get around to checking if they still had American 2IPA.

Of course there are plenty of other beers to choose from so ended up having a couple marzen-rauchbiers and the old baltic porter.

I never really enjoyed the rauchbier before last night, but perhaps I enjoyed it because it was so fricken freezing outside.

Great Day!!

Ive been on a bender all week German day , Aussie day now its Polish beer day again. Great company , great people there is hope for Sydney.

Cheers guys
and Les watch out for them Hexham GREYS!!

Rich

Some photo's as promised.

This was our arrival, not seen at the time, the sign above kind of says it all....

P4260341.JPG

A couple of our brekky at the Lowenbrau

P4260342.JPG

P4260343.JPG

Anyone with kids who has seen Daddy Daycare may recognise this fella. Marv... is that you?

P4260344.JPG

On to the Lord Nelson

P4260345.JPG

Franko makes an entrance

P4260346.JPG

Nice pics Schooey,

Clearly the calm before the storm

Olskoolsoulja and his buddies

P4260347.JPG

....and the highlight of the Lord Nelson

P4260348.JPG

Before I keep going here, is it kosher to be putting up this many pics, Mods? Or should I put them in the gallery or something?

Thats a Great pic of me .

Because !
I have been walking around like a man who has had a stroke!!
Grap my Strong Arm child..

Soulja -on

Latest posts

Back