Official 2008 Ahb Sydney Pub Crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weizguy

Barley Bomber
Reaction score
G'day all potential AHB Easter 2008 pub crawlers. :beerbang:

Please forgive me if I'm posting something that's already been kicked off, and post a link to the correct thread in your reply.

Barring that...I'm happy to see another Sydney pub crawl in the series of successful Easter(ish) events that have occurred in Sydney. :D

I'm up for suggestions on venues, date or theme. Do we need a poll?

I was quite happy with the turn-out last year and the pubs in Balmain. Can anyone suggest another suburb with a suitably prolific pub-life, or do we go back to the city (and The Rocks)?

As Easter is in March this year, I'd like to see a mid-April timing for the event, rather than an Easter-time pub crawl. ;)

So, do we have any comments, feedback or interest?.. More importantly, do we have any participants, or am I Robinson Crusoe (stuck on an island, with my desert island beer selection)?

Beerz :beer:
Les

As Easter is in March this year, I'd like to see a mid-April timing for the event, rather than an Easter-time pub crawl. ;)

So, do we have any comments, feedback or interest?.. More importantly, do we have any participants, or am I Robinson Crusoe (stuck on an island, with my desert island beer selection)? Beerz Les

Call the date, time and location Les and I'll be there :super: (everyone knows I'll go just about anywhere for a beer)

I'm headed over at the end of April (arrive evening of 25th). If its the weekend of the 26th/27th I'll come along..

Bring it on!!!
:party: :chug: :beer:
edit: 2nd half of april looks good for me.

City and the Rocks, better selection of beers all up...... giddyup

i was in sydney last month and i used your last years map as a guide, i think in the end i could have just stayed at red oak... if my walet was bigger :p

If its the 26/27th I'll ask the roster gods to try and shine on me....otherwise I'll prolly be shuffling a few to and from the event on the trains

my preference would be city/rocks (avoiding redoak, but including the Mac as I missed it last meet with Jayse :eek: )

Linz, we're in the minority in not loving the RedOak, I think.

However, where-ever and whenever, I'll be in on it. If it coincides with kook's Sydney visit, and is not a Sunday, all the better.

hmmmm.
26th,27th. looks good.
if there's $$'s to spare, I may be there.
Another post to lock in.
Matti

Seeing this thread just made me thirsty.

Ill be there again

Kabooby :beer:

Late April sounds great. 26th would be good if kook is coming over, but maybe it'd be good to have a poll, Les, just in case loads of others can't make that weekend.

The City sounds the best as well. (I'm with you, Linz & PoM, but going to give Redoak another chance on Saturday and hopefully change my mind.) Start at the Macquarie and work our way to the Rocks? Or start at the Australian for pizza on the roof? :icon_drunk:

Ive always been a huge fan of the Lord Nelson/Australian double header for starters
Lee

Count me in, and i will work around whatever date is set.
The Rocks/City is my prefered,.
Bloody nice pizzas at the Australian too!.

Better start puttin some pennys away so its a blast again.

Cheers
Garry
HBW

i think we should include the Macquarie, if we can, as the local Sam beers were quite good when Jayse visted. I liked the pale at redoak back in Dec, and some might like to try their rouchebier?. The Lord Nelson also good beers.

Here's starting list for discussion:

Maquarie 12pm
pumphouse (st peters) ?
australian (lunch? 1-2pm?)
james squires (darlo harbour)
lord nelson (also does food)
lowenbrau 4pm?
belgium (for those who must spend the allocated budget before returning home :)
generic kebab shop

feel free to add/delete/re-arrange

note daylight saving ends 1st week april.

Late April Pleeeeease!!! I missed it last as it was my wife's b'day. And don't really care where. Although don't want to have to do too much walking staggering.

eric

I could be a chance for this one.

How about the lowenbrau up first? Fransiskaner hefe is a great way to start the day.

i think we should include the Macquarie, if we can, as the local Sam beers were quite good when Jayse visted. I liked the pale at redoak back in Dec, and some might like to try their rouchebier?. The Lord Nelson also good beers.

Here's starting list for discussion:

Maquarie 12pm
pumphouse (st peters) ?
australian (lunch? 1-2pm?)
james squires (darlo harbour)
lord nelson (also does food)
lowenbrau 4pm?
belgium (for those who must spend the allocated budget before returning home :)
generic kebab shop

feel free to add/delete/re-arrange

note daylight saving ends 1st week april.

I Really Like the Idea of the Afternoon session!!!!

Latest posts

Back