Official 2008 Ahb Sydney Pub Crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As the official wheelchair mascot of the AHB pub crawl I'd like to add two cents...... I agree that the Lowenbrau is a good place to start and we'll still have plenty of energy to track up the hill to the Lord Nelson which I don't want to miss. Agree with the next stagger to the Australian, but unless we start at 10am - it's going to be closer to 3pm by the time we get there.

I've attached a link to the map of the proposed crawl so we can see any big gaps....... I did put the Redoak in the middle as it's a fairly dry spell from the Belgian to the Squires......I've also found and added the location of one generic kebab shop!

http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl=en&am....05785&z=14

Feel free to go in and have a play around with it.

I think you have the James Squire in the wrong place. Pretty sure it's North of the Western Distributor.

I thought Redoak may be a good one for after Squires - that way the Belgians should have kicked in good and proper!

Don't think so, PoMo. This is from the JS website.
pomo was right Stu, the western distributor is at the bottom of that JS map. Little squares has fixed it now so her wheelchair doesn't have as far to roll / be pushed / driven out of control :lol:

Yep, by the time I looked at the map it was already right. Anyway, date locked in? Running order sound ok to all? I know it'll probably be later than 2pm at the Australian, LS. Start earlier, miss something out, or just go with a late lunch? :D

In consultation with Linz, we're going to start at the Lowenbrau with Weizguy at around 9am for breakfast Weizens.......

In consultation with Linz, we're going to start at the Lowenbrau with Weizguy at around 9am for breakfast Weizens.......
Spoken (typed?) like a true beer aficionado. That, of course sets a challenge of an early train for me.

I get a sense of dj vu about this early start at the Lowenbru.

Les out :ph34r:

If we need any other pubs thrown in there for beer's sakes, there's the Bavarian Beer Hall on york st.
Haven't been there yet, so I can't say if it's worth it or not. Just another place to rest our feet and punish our livers.
Plan's looking good so far. (Not a breakfast-beer bloke myself, but when in Rome...)

Oooooh...there are some very cheap flights down from Brizzy on the Friday & back on the Sunday - Anyone got a spare bed for an outta towner??

Cheers Ross

Ross I'd offer my spare room, but considering it's an hour and a half from town, it'd be nearly as quick to get back to Qld :) I'm sure someone from Sydney will speak up, but if not the offer's out there.

I'd offer, but my current plan is to stay in the city.
My wife will go to the races with her work mates, I'll go on the crawl, and we'll meet up afterwards and stay in the city.

Doc

Ross,
I Think I'll be flying down the same day, there is plenty of room at my old family home, only mum and dad live there now (no beer on tap though) youd be more then welcome.

Rich

Oooooh...there are some very cheap flights down from Brizzy on the Friday & back on the Sunday - Anyone got a spare bed for an outta towner??

Cheers Ross

Im sure pumpy would come to the party there Ross

I'm keen, yet again :p

Can we lock in Saturday 26th April 2008

Doc

Bad luck swilldrinkers, I'm there. Now, can someone tell me where Sydney is ?? :icon_vomit:

The following week is the big beer weekend thingy. How are all your brownie points being earnt lads (and ladette) ??

Back