Official 2008 Ahb Sydney Pub Crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I most humbly stand corrected.

Cheers, Hoges.

No need to apologise Hoges, you were right. Emailed Lowenbrau and got the following response

We have been opening slightly later than normal lately due to bad weather and less people in the area.
I have confirmed with Reinhard, the restaurant manager, that we will be open at 9.00am on the 26th April, so please do bring your group via our venue! Please keep in mind that the RSA regulations will be strictly upheld on this date especially, so do take it easy during the morning.

We're sweet for a 9 am start. See you there.

Did any consensus arrive on the souvenir of the tour thingy ?

Take the silence as a NO.

...and now, Hoges, you have my apology.
There is obviously a world of difference between what's meant to happen and what actually happens.

Your pants are NOT on fire, but there is egg on my face.

See you guys there!

Les :p

Its interesting that the Lowenbrau warned "Please keep in mind that the RSA regulations will be strictly upheld on this date especially, so do take it easy during the morning.".

Its a good thing that we are all seasoned drinkers and can therefore enjoy a full day of drinking without getting drunk... right?!

...and now, Hoges, you have my apology.
There is obviously a world of difference between what's meant to happen and what actually happens.

Your pants are NOT on fire, but there is egg on my face.

See you guys there!

Les :p

No apology required Les. I would rather have your egg on my plate than your face.

The Southern Highlands Express gets to Central at 8.55am so I will be breasting the Lowenbrau bar about 9.20am for a munich dunkel.

See you there.

Cheers, Hoges.

Its interesting that the Lowenbrau warned "Please keep in mind that the RSA regulations will be strictly upheld on this date especially, so do take it easy during the morning.".

Its a good thing that we are all seasoned drinkers and can therefore enjoy a full day of drinking without getting drunk... right?!

I think my email was construed by Lowenbrau as a mass gathering of drunken louts descending on an early opener, after staggering out of a Kings Cross nightclub. I kept the RSA part in the email cos it sounded funny.

I responded by informing the majority was more middle aged than teenaged and the only person they had too worry about was a hoon in a wheelchair. They didn't comment on the availabilty of mango weiss. Is it BYO mango ?

Please keep in mind that the RSA regulations will be strictly upheld on this date especially, so do take it easy during the morning. QUOTE

LMAO Me and the missus visited this place the other day (wont say which date as i dont want to get anyone in trouble)
for a couple of 1 litre steins of dunkel :) Went outside for a smoke looking to borrow a lighter from someone.
Noticed a security guard looking a bit uneasy on his feet. Laughed my ass off as if it was a joke and showed the missus.
As we both looked he took a little swig of his hip flask and we were in hysterics as i went to ask him if he had a lighter.
Wasnt half obvious as he searched for his lighter to notice his eyes rolling into his head :lol:

Thats what i call RSA :rolleyes:

Is it responsible RSA when the have Stein drinking comps :huh:

I dont think so

Kabooby :)

I dont think so

It is if it also involves you having a hammer banging in a nail with the other hand :p

Doc

They didn't comment on the availabilty of mango weiss. Is it BYO mango ?

Just out of interest I had a beer at the Bavarian Bier Cafe, on York St last night.

They serve a Franziskaner - Mango Hefe Weissebier.
It was absolutly delicious

I don't know how it is served in other pubs, but this was a regualr hefe out of the tap with about 100ml of mango juice / pulp squeezed in during the pour.

Anyway, i don't think they open until lunch on a saturday, there is no way we can score a mango brekky beer there.

Yeh they do the same at the Lowenbrau

The Bavarian beer cafe also have a hefe with Lemon juice. I bought it for my sister and nearly drank it all myself :chug:

Would go great with pancakes for breaky

SAH, FG and any other Illawarrans, how are you getting there and back?
We should organise an IBU carriage on the train.

I dont think so

If you mean the one they hold during the meals.

It is.. because they mention after the fact that it is non alcoholic beer.

That explains it then. I have to admit that I was a bit suprised to see it. Especially these days

I responded by informing the majority was more middle aged than teenaged and the only person they had too worry about was a hoon in a wheelchair. They didn't comment on the availabilty of mango weiss. Is it BYO mango ?

Hey - just so everyone knows - there will be no wheelchair for me this year. The injuries sustained during the last wheelchair ride were enough to scar me for life - sorry Linz.

However, I cannot speak for Franko (the brokeback brewer) who may be arriving on hospital gurney with a central beer line........

The Linz and I will be planning to catch the 7:53am train from Macarthur station which will get to Circular Quay at 9:04am. For anyone wanting to catch the train from Campbelltown, it leaves there at 7:57am.

On the way home, we'll look at catching a taxi from Campbelltown station.

Happy travels and see you all at the Lowenbrau!

Hey - just so everyone knows - there will be no wheelchair for me this year. The injuries sustained during the last wheelchair ride were enough to scar me for life.

So the wheel chair was optional last year! I can see the logic in that.

MD

Lol - as you may remember Doc you and I were running throught the back streets of Balmain trying to get ahead of the pack last year.........

Lol - as you may remember Doc you and I were running throught the back streets of Balmain trying to get ahead of the pack last year.........

I think you are replying to the wrong Doc there LS.
I do remember using Google Maps on the phone to find the next pub though.

Doc

May the force be with me
Turning every screw and adjusting every emotional lever at home ATM.
Why cant rello's chip in when most needed AAAAAARGHH

60/40 chance I'll be on that train. Chooo chooo

SAH, FG and any other Illawarrans, how are you getting there and back?
We should organise an IBU carriage on the train.

I think the best one looked like the all stations to Sydney leaving Fairy Meadow about 6.17am - 6.30am from Bulli getting to Sydney at 8.00am. I thought that gives time for a carbohydrate and protein breakfast (Hungry Jacks at Central) before the mango weiss. Next train is 7.20am from Fairy Meadow (7.36am at Bulli) hitting Central at 9.00am. What suits you men ?

Actually the 9.00am arrival means we'll hit the westies mob at the same time (9.00am at Central). Always good for a fight - the flannellette wearing westies up against the surfies from the coast !

Latest posts

Back