Official 2008 Ahb Sydney Pub Crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you are replying to the wrong Doc there LS.
I do remember using Google Maps on the phone to find the next pub though.

Doc
Yes Doc, you're right about that - didn't see the extra 'D'......just blind this year instead of being physically disabled......

Yes Doc, you're right about that - didn't see the extra 'D'......just blind this year instead of being physically disabled......
Mell, excuse me for asking, but isn't blindness a physical disability?

...unless it's hysterical blindness, which is obviously a psychological condition.

Don't get me started. I'm still working on my travel arrangements.

Les

However, I cannot speak for Franko (the brokeback brewer) who may be arriving on hospital gurney with a central beer line........

looks like my back surgery will be taking place on the 7th of May so looks like a good idea getting some anesthetic in before then..

Franko

looks like my back surgery will be taking place on the 7th of May so looks like a good idea getting some anesthetic in before then..

Franko

Would that be the amber liquid form of anesthetic that comes in schooner glasses :p

Mell, excuse me for asking, but isn't blindness a physical disability?

...unless it's hysterical blindness, which is obviously a psychological condition.

Don't get me started. I'm still working on my travel arrangements.

Les
Yes Les, I am quite hysterical at the moment......9 weeks into a 10 month assessment process at work - I'm looking forward to a good dose of liquid therapy!

I should get to Circular Quay at 8.56a according to the 131500 website. It's only a few minutes walk to Lowenbrau from there if I remember right?

I should get to Circular Quay at 8.56a according to the 131500 website. It's only a few minutes walk to Lowenbrau from there if I remember right?
What are you bringing me? Do U wanna pick up some beer 4 Pat? He might allow you to join his tasting club.

What are you bringing me? Do U wanna pick up some beer 4 Pat? He might allow you to join his tasting club.

My witty charm? :p

I'll see what I can rustle up though :)

I'm not sure how much space we'll have on the way back, will have to see at the time.

Less than one week out.
The running order as it stands is:

Lowenbra
Lord Nelson
The Australian (lunch)
Belgian Beer Caf
James Squire (King St Wharf)
Redoak
Macquarie

Looks a bit weak from my point of view, esp if we are kicking off at 9:30am.
Just two pubs from 9:30 to lunch ??
It is a pity that Harts isn't open on the weekends for a few St A beers.
As horrible as the suggestion sounds (regarding the pub), doesn't Jacksons on George have Chimay on tap ?
Maybe for those that miss breaky at the Lowenbrau we could include the Bavarian Bier Cafe on York St between the Belg Bier Cafe and James Squire so Les and I can get some more Dunkelweizen.

Thoughts ?

Doc

I notice that we haven't included Doma Bohemian Bier Cafe. An oversight or considered too far ?

I'd say Potts Point is a bit out of the way, Doc. Wouldn't mind joining you for a Dunkel at the Bavarian, tho.

I'd say Potts Point is a bit out of the way, Doc. Wouldn't mind joining you for a Dunkel at the Bavarian, tho.

Yeah, it is a bit of a dog leg out of the way. Not really walking distance either.
Maybe a last stop if we feel we still need it after a stop at Harry's at Woolloomooloo ?

Doc

I think a stop at the Bavarian Bier Cafe is a great idea as I am probably going to miss the Lowenbra. At this stage I am aiming for 11:00 at the Lord Nelson.

Kabooby :)

If we need to add a few more pubs, There's always those we've thought of and cancelled. The Pumphouse and Equilibrium.
Definitely looking forward to Saturday.
p.s. more than happy for a side jaunt to Doma, Doc.

Personally I think if we include the Bavarian Bier Cafe that will be 8 pubs. All of the pubs are going to have at least 4 different beers.

Thats 32 beers. How many can you drink in a day :p

We dont want to be rushing to another pub and leave better beers at the pub we just left.

Just my opinion anyway

Kabooby :icon_cheers:

I think that including the Bavarian Beer Cafe is a fine idea, though I think kabooby has a great point too. :party:

So the running order would be

Lowenbra
Lord Nelson
The Australian (lunch)
Belgian Beer Caf
Bavarian Beer Cafe
Redoak
Macquarie

Just a reminder that there's a tour organised for the Lord Nelson at 11. If anybody wants to see the dark and murky depths of professional brewing, drop me a pm by Thursday. (It's $5 instead of the normal $15. :blink: )

I'd forgotten about the tour at the Lord at 11am.
That does mean that the morning is gone, leaving 5-6 stops for the arvo (including lunch at the Australian).
I guess the decision point will be how and at what time we stumble out of the Belgian as to whether the Bavarian Bier Cafe gets the nod. Maybe even how much money is left in the wallet :p

Looking forward to it.

Doc

I'd forgotten about the tour at the Lord at 11am.
That does mean that the morning is gone, leaving 5-6 stops for the arvo (including lunch at the Australian).
I guess the decision point will be how and at what time we stumble out of the Belgian as to whether the Bavarian Bier Cafe gets the nod. Maybe even how much money is left in the wallet :p

Looking forward to it.

Doc

Best to add a drinking hole if time permits rather than cut one.

Maybe even how much money is left in the wallet

.. does that mean you aren't shouting us all ? :(

Running order looks good, the walk from Redoak to the Maquarie will probably be needed :lol: . bit of a hike back to Squires if we want to kick on..... B)

I'm planning on geting into town about 12, so I guess it'll be the Lord Nelson or the Aussie where I'll catch up. FYI Mrs Crozdog might be joining us at some stage cause it looks like the little crozdogs have a sleepover :D.

I'll skip the tour thanks.

Less than one week out.
The running order as it stands is:

Lowenbra
Lord Nelson
The Australian (lunch)
Belgian Beer Caf
Redoak
Macquarie

Looks a bit weak from my point of view, esp if we are kicking off at 9:30am.
Just two pubs from 9:30 to lunch ??
It is a pity that Harts isn't open on the weekends for a few St A beers.
As horrible as the suggestion sounds (regarding the pub), doesn't Jacksons on George have Chimay on tap ?
Maybe for those that miss breaky at the Lowenbrau we could include the Bavarian Bier Cafe on York St between the Belg Bier Cafe and James Squire so Les and I can get some more Dunkelweizen.

Thoughts ?

Doc

I notice that we haven't included Doma Bohemian Bier Cafe. An oversight or considered too far ?
I'm getting thirsty :icon_drool2:

Is that Dunkelweizen gonna be your shout, Doc?

Either way, I'm very keen.

And Jacksons is a potential quick stop for a small Chimay. I'm realllly thirsty now.

Beerzup :beer:
Les

Back