Official 2008 Ahb Sydney Pub Crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like Im in, zoo on Sunday which sounds slightly better than bumper cars and screaming kids.

Can I just confirm that the last stop will be the Macquarie Hotel (or some were around there if I can still walk by that stage), before I book accommodation?

It's on the calendar, I'm keen, fingers crossed.

Scott

how many brewers can a bar take?
Let's break the record!
I'm in.
Crazy Swede (not a Swiss !@#$) :eek:
matti

Damn it!! was keen on this as them pubs are the pubs me and the mates do on t5he Queens Bday Long weekend.

wish i could make it but i cant, unless i move our wedding and honeymoon dates. Actually if i start an argument during our honeymoon i may be able to make it back in time. :super:

actually, maybe not.Better Not.

I'll be there :)

Thought I'm not sure about mango weizen for breakfast. Isn't something like OJ & berliner weisse or schankbier more traditional? That said, I doubt I'll let tradition stop me ;)

Mrs may join us for breakfast and later on in the crawl after spending all our holiday money on clothes shopping.

I'll be there :)

Thought I'm not sure about mango weizen for breakfast. Isn't something like OJ & berliner weisse or schankbier more traditional? That said, I doubt I'll let tradition stop me ;)

Glad to see you're not going to let tradition get in the way of precedence! I wonder if Les has found an early enough train - it just wouldn't seem right to start without him!

This thread has been a tad quiet over the last few weeks, so I just wanted to check
Is this definitely locked in and running.

I am just trying to organise work shifts to avoid a clash.

im in so long as swimbo agrees i might even bring her father

So just thought I'd bump this with the 26th fast approaching. Only 19 more sleeps people. :icon_cheers:

Also, I contacted the Lord Nelson. If anybody is interested, Damon the brewer says they'll do a tour for the cut-price rate of $5 for us at 11am. Anybody who's interested PM me. There'll only be 15 places as space is cramped down in the cellar.

5.20am start for the newies who want breakfast at the lowenbrau

Okay, so I don't fancy a 5.20 am start

So, where are we meeting first ? When. I'll be coming by train from Wollongong (SAH / PoMo .. you still coming ??). Where are we going first ? Remember that I'm just a ******* from the bush, what's the easiest way to get to the first venue from Central Station ?

from memory, Brekky beers will be in the Lowenbrau.

change trains at Central to the city circle. get off at Circular Quay & it's a short walk.

So, where are we meeting first ? When. I'll be coming by train from Wollongong (SAH / PoMo .. you still coming ??). Where are we going first ? Remember that I'm just a ******* from the bush, what's the easiest way to get to the first venue from Central Station ?

First stop is the Lowenbrau. Train to Circular Quay. Bring along your printed out copy of the map Little Squares posted earlier in this thread. Easy. :icon_chickcheers:

In consultation with Linz, we're going to start at the Lowenbrau with Weizguy at around 9am for breakfast Weizens.......

I've been to the Lowenbrau a few times including Saturday morning and I have yet to see them open before 11am.

Cheers, Hoges.

Pencil is now ink :icon_chickcheers: May have some buddies to help defend me from you motley lot.

8.04am from Hornsby to Wynyard then stroll.

MD

First stop is the Lowenbrau. Train to Circular Quay. Bring along your printed out copy of the map Little Squares posted earlier in this thread. Easy. :icon_chickcheers:

Us good ol' country boys don't need no map, we navigate using the sun, the moon, the stars. Or we let our horses follow their head. Or I'll just follow you. Sent an email to the Lowenbrau asking if they'll be open 9.00am on the Saturday - we'll see what response I get. Loving the sound of that mango weizen already.

Edit : Did any consensus arrive on the souvenir of the tour thingy ?

Back