2012 Sydney Pub Crawl

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a warning to those thinking about visiting the Belgian Beer Cafe in the rocks. Its taken a bad turn for the worse. Half the beers on the menu were not available (bottles or on tap) at sat 3pm, thou there was only 8 other punters there might have been a warning. It appears to be run as a Fosters pub, as there about 30 non-belgian spirits (scotch, burbon, vodka etc), there was a big list of cocktails, and some street random comes in and buys a 6 pack of vb for takeaway (!!). wtf ? All the dark & sour beers were missing, so im guessing they only have the BUL Stella etc ...

Just a warning to those thinking about visiting the Belgian Beer Cafe in the rocks. Its taken a bad turn for the worse. Half the beers on the menu were not available (bottles or on tap) at sat 3pm, thou there was only 8 other punters there might have been a warning. It appears to be run as a Fosters pub, as there about 30 non-belgian spirits (scotch, burbon, vodka etc), there was a big list of cocktails, and some street random comes in and buys a 6 pack of vb for takeaway (!!). wtf ? All the dark & sour beers were missing, so im guessing they only have the BUL Stella etc ...

Hi Redbeard,
I read somewhere that the Belgian Beer Cafe in the Rocks went into voluntary administration last year.
The only hit I can get on it now is this one: http://www.insolvencyappointments.com.au/2...-beer-cafe.html but that's not the page I read on it.

Guessing they went broke and new owners are trying under a new name, so might have changed it a bit.

Oh, and thanks for the pictures by MMS of the beers you and Barls were drinking on Saturday while I was celebrating my wife's birthday.
That made it so much more enjoyable not being there :lol:

Pretty much my experience the last time I went there

Looking for a ferry but fatz isn't here so it's a little hard to find one

That's why I tell people I used to live north of Wollongong rather than at Fairy Meadow!

As for the Belgian Beer Cafe, it was always sub standard. All the beers I had there were sour.

As for the Belgian Beer Cafe, it was always sub standard. All the beers I had there were sour.
But they're the best ones! :p

Seriously though, these days you're actually better off going somewhere like the Pumphouse or Taphouse to get your Belgian fix. Both have a better range than the BBC ever did as is....including lovely lovely sour lambics! ;)

Haha, brilliant!!
Wish I'd thought of that last year on the crawl when the guys bought me a "Pink Killer" for my lack of love for weird, Belgian beers.

Bjorn

Bjorn,

That's only because you will next make us drink some spruce infused session beer made out of porridge, call "Elg Oppkastet".

EB

Latest posts

Back